Main Menu

vish item: chain of dragonkind

Started by dewddabst, December 14, 2005, 05:46:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dewddabst

how about change the clicky to Beastial Empathy, originally all the spells were supposed to be long (>0.5) casting spells that bsts would always use, but the casting time for glacier spear was upgraded.  pallies get 1048 mana group heal spell for theirs, sks get 448 mana DD nuke (casting time 3.0). 

rangers have similar to bsts in that its also 0.5 cast time DD, but its 369 mana, im up for helping rangers get a better clicky too but they are more melee dependent on dps and this spell is already their highest mana consumption spell thats not a buff (68 / 69 spells).  bsts are stuck with something that saves 310 mana, something that already casts faster, why not upgrade it to 525 mana spell 3.0 casting time dod pet? 

bsts are heavily dependent on pet / casting dps and i think it would be balancing. 

Essant

Would'nt increase my dps as it is right now because you can only have one instance of Bestial Empathy active at a time, and you can recast it right away after those 18 seconds are up.  I believe the glacier spear is on a separate timer (correct me if im wrong), so that would increase dps.  And I never run out of mana anyway while fighting, its only a problem when recovering from a death.

I'm not sure I even care about Vish neck anymore to be honest.  Demi has 2 rather nice necks available.
Elder Essant Le'Fur
70 Vah Shir Beastlord of the Rathe
Brotherhood of the Spider
My Stuff!

Kanan

heck.. I'd not cared about the vish neck for a long time.  I think most of the other classes actively really want their item.  Most bsts in the highend don't seem to have bothered with it yet.  Sure we get clicky glacier spear, but its still resisted a lot and on a long recast timer anyways, so its dps is so-so.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Tastian

Clicky on vish neck has been a long standing issue for many bst and isn't likely to ever change at this point.  Clicky actually takes longer to cast than the spell itself and the "reasoning" that has constantly been given shows that the dev and players are just too far apart on this issue.  Also depths pet is well, from depths.  8P  That'd be like having time clicky changed to cast a GoD spell or something.  Good idea, it'd be nice, for the future that'd be a nice option, but as far as a retroactive change I really just don't see it happening.

Dummkopf

Well, beastlord only stuff sometimes kinda suck, the vish neck is something i wont get at all due to its poor quality and the pricing in my guild. DP range i got but i lost a ton of valuable stats with it, still need the manapres focus for bestial empathy. DP class only loot has its own issues tho since it is of extremely poor quality for all classes.

Essant

Vish neck seems like a reasonable goal to me.  Only other real options are tier 1 demi neck (Hatchet) and tier 2 demi neck (wtf mob drops that).  Tier 2 neck is redundant if I go with demi gloves, tier 1 neck is redudant if I go with something else .. I forget.  Chances are the way my guild's members are about picking loot I'll probaby have a better chance of snagging tier 1 demi neck before the others but we've also gotten a ton of Vish eyes so who knows .. list is getting short.  Planned upgrade path is still largely in limbo.
Elder Essant Le'Fur
70 Vah Shir Beastlord of the Rathe
Brotherhood of the Spider
My Stuff!

Dreead

Quote from: Tastian on December 14, 2005, 06:18:43 PM
Clicky on vish neck has been a long standing issue for many bst and isn't likely to ever change at this point.  Clicky actually takes longer to cast than the spell itself and the "reasoning" that has constantly been given shows that the dev and players are just too far apart on this issue.  Also depths pet is well, from depths.  8P  That'd be like having time clicky changed to cast a GoD spell or something.  Good idea, it'd be nice, for the future that'd be a nice option, but as far as a retroactive change I really just don't see it happening.

Well Tastian. What do ya say about fiercehand shroud of blabla

Tha'ts the OoW monk only CoA robe. Then when DoN came out, it was changed so that the focus effect effected their nuke from DoN, so retroactively changing items is soemthing they do, just very very rare I suppose.