Main Menu

WISH LIST 2005

Started by Hoov, December 19, 2005, 02:39:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoov

I have a simple easy thing I brought up to our guild beastys that wouls make us BETTER than others at it..

Give us a slow that is better than all. Less resistant and slows more than the shamans ect.. OR make it stick with the shamans defuff (shamans like a 75% and ours will stick like 20%) heck that would rock

reason = shamans have the BEST stat buffs.. Enchanters have the best haste/mez ...

we have not the best dps/dot/nuke/pets .. make us best at one thing..

I KNOW THIS WILL NEVER COME TO PAST.. but a wish list has been started

mogtoth1

for my xmas wish I would just like the devs actualy look at all the things they said they would do and maybe do something about half of them  :wink:
Tails high and walk away with pride

Mogtoth Venomclaw
75 Beastlord
Clan nan Dreolan - Prexus

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1087128

Dreead

Quote from: Hoovwe have not the best dps/dot/nuke/pets .. make us best at one thing..
Shouldn't make a hybrid and expect to be the best at one of those.

Oiingo

Any sort of fundamental change to the effective slowable ``cap'' will likely never happen as they depend no that constant to design encounters.  This is the reason they added slow mitigation, then increased slow resistance rates, then gave us back a resist modifer on our spells.  It gave us more, but kept the mobs slowed at the same predictable rate.
Predator Oiingo Boiingo (80 beasty) of <Triality> on Maelin Starpyre

shenk

Quote from: Hoov on December 19, 2005, 02:39:31 PM
we have not the best dps/dot/nuke/pets .. make us best at one thing..

We have the best HP/Mana Regen in both SA and Perfectoin of spirit, in fact other than mind wreck/twitch, and mod rods, we are the only class that can give back mana to other players, but ours has no drawbacks (i.e., lose hps, trade mana mana)

Our pets can out aggro any other pet easily.

Basically, from your post it sounds like you need to just level up a shaman. 

I see that we are very similar to shaman.  We traded the ability to take damage (via better slows/better buffs) for the ability to deal damage (pet dps/melee dps, fast nukes)

Tastian

This is more a wishlist, chit chat thread, but I have to comment on...

"We have the best HP/Mana Regen in both SA and Perfectoin of spirit, in fact other than mind wreck/twitch, and mod rods, we are the only class that can give back mana to other players, but ours has no drawbacks (i.e., lose hps, trade mana mana)"

Bards have...

Chorus of life:
1:  Increase Hitpoints by 25 per tick
2:  Increase Mana by 22 per tick

Maxed out perfection once every 15 minutes exactly will get one group close to the hps, but still not the mana.  In a MGB type of situation, one might argue we have the "best burst hp/mana regen", but since "burst hp regen" can be called healing and we are now tied with shaman and behind clr/dru? I don't think that classifies.  That leaves "best burst mana regen" in terms of once every 72 mins via MGB. 

If we just talk group situations, then people really need to recognize what SKs have been able to do for awhile as they have:

7:  Increase Hitpoints by 375
8:  Increase Mana by 135

and

7:  Increase Hitpoints by 260
8:  Increase Mana by 130

Both are recourses from -500 resist spells that can be used on summoned eyes.  One minute cooldown on each, so you can simply add the values together and divide by 10(number of ticks in a minute) to see what kind of sustained mana/hp a SK can give.  That means 375 + 260 = 635hps and 265 mana per minute or ~63.5hp a tick and 26.5 mana per tick.

So in sustained group and sustained raid mana regen we lose.  That again leaves us with "burst mana regen".  Which of course leads to the obvious question of just how good at it are we and how important is it.  I mean at one point people could say that druids were the best at movement speed group type buffs(ish), but does that really carry a lot of weight.

"Our pets can out aggro any other pet easily."

This is another thing that kinda falls into the category of "even if it's true what is the actual value of it".  Our pets also take more damage than several other pets, so their ability to take aggro from a pet that does better damage is a problem, not a plus.  The pets can't hold aggro if another player is in melee range, so that puts us in pet groups, which again leads us back to "uhh why do we want the bst pet holding aggro".  In some situations where perhaps the mage earth pet or whatever couldn't hold sufficent aggro then a case can be made, but again the value of this is pretty questionable across EQ as a whole.

Really we are generalists and always sort of have been, and this issue of "good enough" is what keeps coming back to us.  We have a lot of buffs that do zero atm.  We technically have "the largest single target atk buff in the game", which as we've seen translates very poorly to dps these days.  We've got "one of the best 'tanking' pets in the game", but we see what AE ramp and most exp mobs do to it.  It's great to be able to do a lot of different things, but if you can't do them well enough to fill the role when needed, or if the role is needed so seldom and in such selective situations then the value of it is really tarnished.  *shrugs* 

Chickennuggets

Quote from: Tastian on December 19, 2005, 08:26:42 PM

So in sustained group and sustained raid mana regen we lose.  That again leaves us with "burst mana regen".  Which of course leads to the obvious question of just how good at it are we and how important is it.  I mean at one point people could say that druids were the best at movement speed group type buffs(ish), but does that really carry a lot of weight.

How much mana regen is Mindwrack?  I don't know the numbers... but I have  feeling it is close to or beats Paragon, but can be used on EVERY single mob with a manapool.  Would this be considered sustainable burst?  lol

Either way... we aren't the best at anything.
Chickennugets  http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1226640
Lvl 70 Beastlord
Steel and Honor
Saryn server

Zuukum

I find myself reading these, and feel more and more like the class I play.  I say all the time in real life that I know a little about everyhitng, and a lot about nothing.  Meaning that I can pretty much take on any situation that is thrown at me.  I find that is pretty close to the beastlord class in general.  We may not be the best at any one single thing, but if the sh1t hits the fan, ya want one of us around. 

Jack of all trades...masters of none.

-me
" border="0

Chickennuggets

/Agree... thats what i love about it.  We dont do anything the best... but we do everything better than most.
Lvl 70 Beastlord
Steel and Honor
Saryn server

Roarmaster

Hmm..for me the wish list would be

1. Un_nerf our ac cap like monks got before.

2. More dot_like_pets . For example , share the same timers with BE and summon a bat which do less damage
    but can proc bites give group hp/mana . Or a pet which can proc melee/spell debuff on mobs.

and thats all :P
Wild Caller Roarmaster on Fennin Ro

Zikkar

I would be happy with my pet being able to live through an AE or two from high level mobs.
Zikkar
Firiona Vie
Feral Lord of Infernal Destiny

Kanan

Quote from: Zikkar on December 20, 2005, 01:17:53 PM
I would be happy with my pet being able to live through an AE or two from high level mobs.

A-BLOODY-MEN!!!

still so frustrating on an anguish clear to have an ae ramp golem pulled on my back & pet poof before i can even try to move away.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Chickennuggets

I would personnally like to see us get a swarm pet.  Nothing makes me laugh more when a Mage I group with hits her hotkey and I see "Inc Turd Hurd" and a pile of earth elementals go tearing across to the mob.

I've said something similar in a different thread... but we are the Lord's of Beasts... swarm pets should have been "our thing".  We are starting to get that with the new burst pet (still trying for it  :roll:) and maybe next expansion we can get another... or an improved to increase it to 3.  As a side note... do any of the extension AAs help the werewolf stay around longer?  Maybe an AA That makes our warder shimmer in Ferosity and attack with a power that he is beside himself... and he splits off 2 clones for a short duration, complete with all the buffs he has on atm.  The way it looks they aren't going to do much for Puppy's tanking... so might as well get some more DPS out of him.

Maybe a list of AA pets (non fighting like wizzy familiars) that give bonus's to us or group.  One for each different kind of Warder from the classes... Bear AA pet:  over sta, and spell/dot shielding.  Wolf AA pet:  grants us CE, accuracy.  Scaled wolf AA pet grants us increased AC, and damage mitigation.  Tiger AA pet grants us increases health and mana regen.  Basilisk AA pet grants us spell and melee damage mod.  Can be two levels first for self only, and second for group.
Lvl 70 Beastlord
Steel and Honor
Saryn server

Kanan

CN.. you've got some really good ideas there :)
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Chickennuggets

Hehe... I think so  :-o But there are a ton of other ideas floating around here.  I don't see why we couldn't get a "familiaresce" line of AAs... that have abilties that liken to they're animal they represent.  Maybe the AA "spirits" could also be used as Growl batteries when our "real"warder gets smooshed.  If I remember correctly... the wizard familiars don't get effected by AEs and such.  Still would like a swarm, or the Warder clones for short duration  :mrgreen:
Lvl 70 Beastlord
Steel and Honor
Saryn server