Main Menu

Ikkniz raids

Started by jitathab, May 05, 2005, 01:16:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jitathab

Anyone have any links to what you have to do in these and what sort of force needed?

GoD is going to be our next targt soon but cant find any decent info out there at all.

Have completed group trials 1-3 and no starting on the farming bit.

Thanks

Khayden

Check the info on the farming carefully, I'm pretty sure you don't have to actually do anything other than collect a bunch of ground spawns and handin some droppable combined stuff.  You don't have to do both of Tublik's tasks only one to get the raids.

As for the raids, they get harder as you go.  I'll try and give you the outline and some hints without spoiling things outright.

Every ikkinz incarnation doesnt have any respawns but wandering mobs.  So clear all the trash as you go.  Trash is much higher DPS than in the single group trials, you will lose people lots until you get used to it.  If a named is in a room it's either rooted or tethered to the room in nearly all cases.  Beware cornering, walling mobs can tether them.   Tethers are your friend and your enemy in Ikkinz.  WS Rangers make good sacrifices here too.

The "quest" for each zone is simple enough.  Kill every named, have a rogue combine anything that drops off them in containers they drop and use it to open doors.  (Cant remember which trials this happens in but it's not really possible to get it wrong).  Kill everything in your way. Kill the guardian at the end.  Rejoice.

Ikk1 is simple.  Kill 3 Priests of Righteousness.  Kill 2.... Custodians?.  Kill the Defender.  Kill the Guardian.  Kill the Monolith.  Handin and Kill the spirit.   Grats you on nice legs and rotting ranger blades!  Doable with 30 quite easily after a few time clears.

Ikk2 is a bit tougher.  Kill the named to get key pieces.  Kill the Visionaries.  Kill the Sentinel.  Clear to the room with the Guardian in.  He splits, use the tether.  Ranged kill the trumpeteers, they make him hurt more.  Kill all the splits.  Grats on nice shoulders, cloak and JoS!  Recommend 35-40 for this first time.

Ikk3 is harder still.  Kill  the Guardian as you go, each time he despawns lower.  When you get to the final room and kill him Vrex spawns with 4 warders.  These have to be pulled and killed twice, the first time you do so it tells you what class can kill them.   Positioning here is key, think LoS.  When they're all dead you get Vrex Maurauder to kill who is an archetype specific kill that changes every 45 seconds and there's an emote.  Then you kill Vrex.  Take 50 for this first time, and expect to screw it up lots.

Lockouts go up at points in trials, leading to 3 days when you win completely.  One person needs to have all 3 group trials and all previous raid ones to get the next instance.  Only the Ikk raid 4 drop is required by the masses for progression.

Not done Ikk4 yet but from what I hear it's basically more luck than judgement.

Have fun

Khayden
Khayden
75 Barbarian Wildcaller of Mithaniel Marr
Bertoxxulous

Maylian

Ikk4 is pretty easy, very limited amount of trash, and thats only after you go down the ramp. Zone in kill nameds, have wiz loot the runes since he needs to combine them to open up doors further on. Again its a certain caste that needs to kill the nameds. Kill all the way through till you get to the alter, attack guardian, he spawns lots of mini guardians, AE ramps and some other fun stuff. Just make sure DPS is high and you turn attack off at the right stage and you'll soon learn to enjoy farming this zone. Then you just need Uqua and you'll be single group farming Qvic.

KirishuRN

Ikk4 and Uqua are very long raids btw. We have it down to only a couple of hours, but I remember the good ol days when it took up to 6 hours to just complete one of these trials. Also it is instanced, so 54 man raid max. Drops are ok, you will get much better when you start farming Tacvi and have your guild full of muramite armor.
Kirishu's Magelo of <Echoes In Eternity> on Rodcet Nife Server

Some people are like Slinkies...

Not really good for anything,
but they still bring a smile to your Face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Khayden

Our first shot at Ikk3 took us about 5 hours, that was with at least 3 of them spent busily messing up the Vrex room :)

After the first couple of times they all get much quicker.

Khayden
Khayden
Bertoxxulous

Shirrkarn Ayge

hehe yup they sure are long raids when you working them out. I remember first time we reached Noq in inktu and the instance timed out when he was at 4 or 5 %.. Man did that hurt
SavageSpirit Shirrkarn Ayge - Bertoxx

Clerbot Corenna Shirrez

Knodey

4 or 5% on noq is still alot of time :P but that sucks bad..

jitathab

Thanks for the infos, will take another look at the access quest and see if can bypass the quest.

Our next trick will be who to leave behind on the raids :(

Gudaman

Don't forget that for the raid part's only the people progressing to get the 2nd, 3rd , 4th . ..  Only need the ikki raid drops as they are needed to trigger the next instance. The general part of you guild will only need.

Ikki4 + Uqua = Qvic

ikki4 + Uqua + ikutu = Txevu

You might farm 1 or 2 for a bit as their easiest after you get the strats down. Eventually if your guild wanted too could do both ikki1 and ikki2 in a night easily.

neight

Quote from: Khayden on May 05, 2005, 03:42:08 PM
Check the info on the farming carefully, I'm pretty sure you don't have to actually do anything other than collect a bunch of ground spawns and handin some droppable combined stuff.  You don't have to do both of Tublik's tasks only one to get the raids.

I can confirm this, as I'm one of two people in my guild able to start Ikkinz raids. I've completed group trials 1-3, and the "crumbling sanctuary" quest from Tublik.

Everything needed for the combines is fairly easy to find in KT and as Khayden mentioned completely purchasable (though the combines aren't bad; I had no problems at 220 tailoring/TM1). Pick up a Muramite Needle and Hynid-Hair Thread in the bazaar, and you can skip right to the last combine, which is thought to be no-fail.

The only difficult part about this quest is getting the ground spawns from the three temples. This is easy enough to accomplish using a variety of methods ... Ikk1 I just waited for the kyv to path away and grabbed it, Ikk2 I ended up getting seen and dying but grabbed it before death (a druid in guild got it np invis though), and Ikk3 I had a monk train the see-invis out so I could run in.

By the way, once you start progressing through the Ikkinz trials, Tublik will only give you the text for the next trial you haven't beat. This led to me pounding my head against the monitor. I didn't know the trigger phrase was "Sanctuary of the Glorified" instead of "Sanctuary of Glorification," and trying to find that information was a pain in the ass. What I eventually found is that you can /say what four temples to Tublik to start the original script with the phrases to start all trials again, and that's a hell of a lot easier than remembering each one individually.

Neight
Neight Wulfe <Requiem>
75 Barbarian Beastlord
The Tribunal

Khayden

Addendum to my earlier post, in Ikk4 you need an int caster with research skill to loot the first 4 runes that drop and a priest with tailoring skill to loot the stone.

Khayden
Khayden
Bertoxxulous

Latang

Dont forget a rogue with pickpocket to open the first door! (yes, pickpocket not picklock...)

And dont you need a female halfling/dwarf cleric/druid to do the part before the twin fire ae dudes?...

Can't remember.

Train Engineer, Chief Hermit of <Mystic Nobles>

Khayden

Halfling illusion works, dunno if they have to be female :)
Khayden
Bertoxxulous

Khayden

KoTA was a hugely fun fight, reminded me of some of our first shots at RZtW.

Lots of adds and general insanity :)

Khayden
Khayden
Bertoxxulous

jitathab

Hi peeps questions again.

Ikk3 raid.
Ok we got pulling sorted, just need a Bard and a pet and its easy.

However, looking for a few bits of info.

Anyone have the full emotes list?

Anyone have any tips for killing final boss? He just beating us stupid, the AE was deadly and mellee died despite MGB heals. Any hints?

Also what is it with the 100/5 health thing how do you know your killing him or even how far you got?