Main Menu

Number of clerics/warriors needed for Jelvan?

Started by Akiah, June 17, 2005, 07:36:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akiah

We just started trying the Jelvan attempt, and as far as I can see, our strat is pretty sound...only thing is, almost every time it seems we are short clerics and warriors, which is why (I think) we are wiping. For those who have beaten Jelvan, how many clerics/warriors did you have? Also curious if there's any tips to keeping the warrior up through those stun AE's (we are working on getting stun resists, so anything besides that). Thanks!

Latang

For the first stun, your tank should be defensive anyway, so his survivability is a little higher, and only need 1 healing class to resist the stun so he can live. After that, anyone with a stopwatch can tell you precisely when the next stun is about to happen, PE is your friend =P. Nice to have 7 clerics for healing mt's, (3 for tanthi) and a few backup healers for rampage tanks.. Could do it with less I guess, but who wants to do it tough?

Train Engineer, Chief Hermit of <Mystic Nobles>

Urim

It's not fun unless its tough and you barely pull it off!
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Latang

I'll admit it's a rush sometimes, but last night we had them all within 3% the entire fight, everyone had mana and they all died within about 15 sec of each other, and only 1 person died. No stress, no pain, 7 clerics, 7 (!) druids, and the mt's (13.4k, 14.1k, 15.1k unbuffed) never even once looked like they were gonna die. Was so smooth... and so relaxing!

Train Engineer, Chief Hermit of <Mystic Nobles>