Main Menu

Every class has Vish item found except...

Started by Latang, June 19, 2005, 12:28:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latang

US!!

Oh my god!

Cmon you uber's, someone get vishie's eye and do the thing, how can I plan any upgrades if vish farmers dont make the item for me first! (No, we haven't killed Vishie yet) Cmon!

Train Engineer, Chief Hermit of <Mystic Nobles>

Bengali

It's found now, and it's pretty awful imo:

Chain of Dragon Kin
MAGIC ITEM  LORE ITEM  NO DROP 
Slot: NECK 
AC: 35
STA: +25  CHA: +17  WIS: +23  AGI: +35 
HP: +335  MANA: +325  SV FIRE: +25  SV DISEASE: +20 
SV COLD: +35  SV POISON: +20
Attack: +30
Regeneration: +7
Accuracy: +25% Avoidance: 10
Required level of 70.
Effect: Improved Block III (Worn)
Effect: Glacier Spear (Casting Time: 1.0)
WT:  0.9    Size: SMALL
Class: BST
Race: ALL
Slot 1, type 8: empty
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Gudaman

Nusa

Shirrkarn Ayge

SavageSpirit Shirrkarn Ayge - Bertoxx

Clerbot Corenna Shirrez

janabell

i use Quarm neck since its the only mana pres item i can get,  dought i will be tradeing it out for 100 or so hp upgrade
Janabell 75 Beast Lord
Guild Member of Iratus Lepus

Zebrn Beasword

Zebrn <Undivided Faith> - Drinal

Latang

I try not to be a whiner, so I shall look on the bright side.

Woot! Now I can forget about bothering with Vish reward! mmm saved dkp is good.

:mrgreen:

Train Engineer, Chief Hermit of <Mystic Nobles>

Bengali

Just a couple of followup comments:

1.  The click effect is off.  This is not Zajeer's fault, because I'm sure that the item was designed with that click before Rytan revamped our nukes.  But now the click effect is actually slower than the actual spell, which is the opposite of how the clicks work for the other spellcasting classes.

2.  The focus effect is [censored].  We aren't the only class to have duplicative effects on the Vish quest item and on Anguish gear (monks get improved block III on their CoA boots in addition to the Vish cloak), but given that we have some critical focus effects that are entirely lacking on bst-usable gear, the duplication just stings that much more.  In fact, this item is basically a carbon copy of the monk item in terms of HP and effects (stats and resists are a bit different), but with a different slot and different click effect (958 point highly resistable nuke vs. 1200 point unresistable nuke).  It reminds me of the MPG weapon, which is essentially the same as the ranger counterpart, yet universally viewed as useless by bsts.

My view is pretty simple:  it's not worth the dev time to make something that is bst-only if sufficient thought isn't put into what would make an item attractive to bsts.

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.

Dakat

Don't forget to mention that the spell has a time delay built in. Which means you can only cast it once every 3 min 30 sec. Similar to the druid hammer in GoD which has the 2k druid heal on it that has the same 3 min 30 sec recast timer.

Oiingo

Am I the only one who doesn't even like the slot selection?  Necks tend to have some of the best beastlord focus around, and this doesn't offer any flexability.  Wish it were a ring instead.

Pretty poor item, in my humble opinion.
Predator Oiingo Boiingo (80 beasty) of <Triality> on Maelin Starpyre

Bengali

No, I didn't like the slot either, but I figured I had complained enough about it. :P