Main Menu

Confused about planning gear past PoTime.

Started by Essant, June 27, 2005, 08:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Essant

I'm the kind of person that likes to plan gear upgrades to a precision.  I actually enjoy planning it.  Our guild is currently operating on the Time / Ikkinz / Uqua level with our first Uqua win probably happening sometime real soon.

We operate on a DKP system, with fixed prices, not bidding.  Part of the formulae for determining price is based upon the amount of usuable classes for the item.  So, items that are all / all, are generally very expensive.

So, Muramite Armor molds are going to be through the roof as far as cost goes.

I'm in love with my kit that I have planned for PoTime.

I'm NOT HAPPY at all with my kit that I have planned for Qvic - level.

I don't believe that HP > ALL.  I like a complete package.

Whats important to me -

1) Keeping my worn atk maxed or darn close to it
2) Keeping my worn FT above 15 and preferrably 20
3) Not loosing a spec of Avoidance, and preferably gaining it.  Currently at 60 and targetting 80.
4) Spell foci is important to me.  Extended duration lines, Mana preservation lines, Healing improvement lines, and to a lesser extent Spell Haste lines.
5) Accuracy is also important.

Problem I see when I try to build a kit based on Qvic content is that I only gain 300 hps but lose 100 atk after replacing 5 armor slots with Muramite Armor.

I'm really not pleased with that at all.  About the only thing that really catches my attention on the Qvic level is some of the items that have 40% healing mods on them.

Can anyone offer any advice?  Stuff I can look at? Kinda hard for me at the moment, I dont have a premium Allakhazam account right now.

Thanks.

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=477314&alt=297045
Elder Essant Le'Fur
70 Vah Shir Beastlord of the Rathe
Brotherhood of the Spider
My Stuff!

Dreead

The muramite helmet, and the Boots are good.

Boots are essential, they have ritual summoning on them, the helmet has shielding 3%, i have all Savage heart armor if you care to check my magelo. (cept gloves)

marisku

You can check my qvic gear (only using sleeves boots bracer)  by clicking on my signature link.  I'm at worn max atk with various items.
<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=989770&resize=true" target="_blank" class="postlink">generic beastlord</a>

Essant

Thats not a bad kit, Marisku .. but im still not pleased with the Qvic armor vs PoTime gear.  Here, take a look at my alt profile in my sig that says PoTime (maybe).  I *will* get those items, theres no question about it .. its just a matter of patience, and I'm only a few pieces away from that now.

Also keep in mind that Magelo is currently bugged.  Total HP's arent calculated correctly on Alternate Profiles, DoN Progression AA's arent calculated.

In actuality, that Time (maybe) profile puts me just a 'hair' under 9000 HP unbuffed.

ATK is capped
FT is 20
All spell focuses are in order
Avoidance is 80
Got some nice Accuracy going there.
AC is fairly impressive.

Only thing I can see me missing is a little bit of Shielding (melee).

The package is, in my mind .. perfection .. and what im trying to do is scale that out beyond PoTime without losing any of the 'features' so to speak but rather improving on them.

Yea, im psycho .. lol.  I over analyze everything.

Elder Essant Le'Fur
My Stuff!

Khayden

Quote from: Essant on June 27, 2005, 08:52:02 PM
I'm the kind of person that likes to plan gear upgrades to a precision.  I actually enjoy planning it.  Our guild is currently operating on the Time / Ikkinz / Uqua level with our first Uqua win probably happening sometime real soon.

We operate on a DKP system, with fixed prices, not bidding.  Part of the formulae for determining price is based upon the amount of usuable classes for the item.  So, items that are all / all, are generally very expensive.

So, Muramite Armor molds are going to be through the roof as far as cost goes.

I'm in love with my kit that I have planned for PoTime.

I'm NOT HAPPY at all with my kit that I have planned for Qvic - level.

I don't believe that HP > ALL.  I like a complete package.

Whats important to me -

1) Keeping my worn atk maxed or darn close to it
2) Keeping my worn FT above 15 and preferrably 20
3) Not loosing a spec of Avoidance, and preferably gaining it.  Currently at 60 and targetting 80.
4) Spell foci is important to me.  Extended duration lines, Mana preservation lines, Healing improvement lines, and to a lesser extent Spell Haste lines.
5) Accuracy is also important.

Problem I see when I try to build a kit based on Qvic content is that I only gain 300 hps but lose 100 atk after replacing 5 armor slots with Muramite Armor.

I'm really not pleased with that at all.  About the only thing that really catches my attention on the Qvic level is some of the items that have 40% healing mods on them.

Can anyone offer any advice?  Stuff I can look at? Kinda hard for me at the moment, I dont have a premium Allakhazam account right now.

Thanks.

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=477314&alt=297045
Qvic molds drop off goats that spawn once every 6 hours.  No need to spend DKP on them, get a group of friends and farm the bejeesus out of them on off time.

You've set yourself some fairly high goals gearwise.  It's going to be tough to juggle all of those effects around.

Some non GoD options your guild might well be doing at the same time are Heyda Fadesong, Chailak and Feratha, BattleMaster Rhorious, Zun Muram Volkana, Hulcror, Tirranun.  These have drops which give you more options.

My main advice would be not to obsess too much over the perfect set of gear, you'll only do some events 2-3 times (unless you're clinically insane!!) and in my experience so far the drop tables in ikkinz are the biggest joke ever.  Be flexible, have options.  Some of those stats and effects tail off remarkably and mean very little in the scheme of things.

I have an alternate profile on my magelo I was playing about with that might give you some ideas.

Khayden

Khayden
75 Barbarian Wildcaller of Mithaniel Marr
Bertoxxulous

Essant

Cool ... thanks!  I'll take a look at that.  And yea I'm pretty convinced already that I wont be spending dkp on Muramite Armor molds that I can 1 or 2 group with some people.  I just don't see how Qvic is really all of that good of a farm zone compared to Time.

I'm kinda thinking the hot ticket is to beat as much of GoD as possible and then shoot for Anguish.

Elder Essant Le'Fur
My Stuff!

Khayden

3 goats, 6 hours respawn 2 drops each.  Drops are head/arms/gloves/boots/wrists molds, 90hp augs or 90 mana augs.  Easily single groupable, only about 6-8 trash to kill for 2, other one is single pullable.  All near zonein.  Seems to be about 4-2 molds vs augs for drop rates from what I've seen when you kill all 3.  60 minutes for 4 molds and 2 augs for one group = farmtastic.

It's great because people will do it off raid times so it essentially comes on top of the normal gear your guild gets from raiding.

Then there's Cyno and Zoo for medium sized raids, and Inktu'ta for progression which has a few nice drops.

I got flagged 2-3 weeks back and I'm liking it so far.

Khayden
Khayden
Bertoxxulous

marisku

IMO, the best qvic upgrades are the boots, followed by boots and bracers.  Other slots from potime are better.  My guild just defeated Noquifel for Txevu access.  Txevu has some nice ring and earring upgrades.
<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=989770&resize=true" target="_blank" class="postlink">generic beastlord</a>

Essant

Well updated status .. I picked up Qvic boots, helm and arms .. and one grouped all the drops with friends so no dkp there .. and im pretty much set.

have fabled dragon hero bracer and quarm's bracer so have no desire to replace those with qvic bracers.

picked up tirranun's gloves and replaced my padded tigerskin's with those, and it sounds crazy to some people but I really like the added +15 avoidance and the re-gained faerune that i lost when i went with the kizash cap.

couple of minor pieces in time i'd like still .. and then im pretty much looking at Noq for my next upgrades, and hes got a few i like =)
Elder Essant Le'Fur
My Stuff!

Kanan

reason I'd replaced the padded tigerskin was that I was well over strikethru cap, and as fun as it was, the add'l stats from qvic gloves was nice.  I'm fully qvic plus geared, but the qvic gearing was incredibly major upgrade for the guild as a whole.  We'd spent a few months farming it, during day, during night, etc, so now the stuff is going to evals etc for the most part. 

But it was a major upgrade for me in most respects, esp the hps.  Just wish Aten neck could take an aug so I coulda put the 90 hp on it ;p

getting the "perfect" gear set is really hard.  I drive our rogues nuts cuz they actually ask for fero, except I require that they send me a tell so I can /rt them.. and I've not had any see invis ability in almost a year, RL time ;p So they gotta drop hide for me to be able to targ em.. heheh.. starting to get em trained tho ;p  Damn fero addicts
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Khayden

I just managed to bag my aten neck.  As great a piece as it was for it's time, it's hard to replace it without dropping FT but I finally managed it.

Khayden
Khayden
Bertoxxulous

Essant

Man you gotta train your guild right to not expect Fero from you.  I did.  Made sure I got them off to the right start and established rules.  My rogues dont parse more than me, and I know Fero wont make a difference for them.  And its not the mana issue, I have plenty.  Its the pain in ass issue if i have to cast Fero on somone every 6 minutes, I dont enjoy it, and I dont want to be tied down to doing that sort of thing during a raid all the time - its NOT fun.  Boss mobs .. sure.  Trash?  Kiss my ass.
Elder Essant Le'Fur
My Stuff!

Kanan

LoL.. u sound like one of our other bsts.  Me, I sorta like doing fero.  Back in the VT clears, i was rather proud to be able to keep up 4 people in a fero chain for well over an hr.  Got tiring trying to keep it up now tho, and only the rogues and one monk are trained to ask me for it.  Again, /t me fero pls hotkey is a requirement if they want it ;p  I explain that to every rogue who ever asks me for it.  Most of them have the hotkey set now too ;p

Punkuz

Quote from: Kanan on August 25, 2005, 01:21:24 PM
LoL.. u sound like one of our other bsts.  Me, I sorta like doing fero.  Back in the VT clears, i was rather proud to be able to keep up 4 people in a fero chain for well over an hr.  Got tiring trying to keep it up now tho, and only the rogues and one monk are trained to ask me for it.  Again, /t me fero pls hotkey is a requirement if they want it ;p  I explain that to every rogue who ever asks me for it.  Most of them have the hotkey set now too ;p

lol no idea who your talking about there Kez  :-D
Punkuz 70 Wildblood of Pravus Mortis on Druzzil Ro

Kanan

ROFL.. and u know I'm gonna start routing rogues over to you now that u got that l33t new fero ;p