Main Menu

Re: Ikkinz raids

Started by Khauruk, July 30, 2005, 05:26:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khauruk

Hola,

My guild is farming Ikkinz 1 and 2 w/ 25-35 people regularly and pretty quickly.  The pieces are still good upgrades for us, as only a few have Time loots (not time guild, never will be...handle EP mini's/Fennin easily though).  So...you think we could possibly handle Ikkinz3?
TURNCOAT!!!!!

jitathab

Certainly it is easy

The final room

Summary

Kill adds first.

Pull each guardian, out of final guardian pops marauder.

Kill boss - at least one add during this fight!

Meanwhile watch the adds outside.

Guardian Pull strat
Any pet class can do this.

Summon low level pet, I used BST lvl 15
Buff pet with as many HP as possible
Acquire the target starting with left (north?) mob
Pet user needs los to the mob, hugs the left corner
BARD DA the pet - (refresh is 3 mins)
/pet focus /pet kill
Pet charges in hit mob once then
/pet hold
Handler runs to MT at the column thing behind the wall.
Tank picks up mob - healers in corridor.

Repeat x 4

Important note - use the LEFT corner for this, the right corner = death x several. Why the right corner didnt work im not sure but everytime I got near it I died. .

Pull will take 4 x 3 min's minimum.

Before Vrex Xalkal Nicki becomes targetable, you have two beat down his 4 sentinels which is places east in his room. These 4 are chained to the room and eachother, so they cannot be singled. To make matters worse, each of them must be killed by the right class, which class is unknown untill they die, then they emote.

Power of the Elements = Wizard
Cringe at the appearance of Talismans = Shamans
The creature's mind and body are vulnerable = Enchanter
Power of Nature = Druid
Dread of the celestial spirit washes over the creature = Cleric
This creature fears a Holy Blade = Paladin

(Don't have the rest of the emotes,

As soon as the the 4th Sentinel dies, spawns (at 4th kill spot)

Vrex Xalkak's Marauder
Rampage, Gflux
AE = Cataclysm of Stone
1: Decrease Hitpoints by 3000
Chromatic -350, Targeted AE, range 150, Pushback 5, Pushup 2

He have to be killed by the right archtype, emotes the right one when wrong type kills him, and he switches archclass every 45 seconds. The 4 archtypes cycles in the same order, which is random each time Trial is spawned.

If wrong class kills him you get this emote: Your energy didn't match that required to kill the stone worker.

The creature appears weak to the combined effort of strength and cunning! = Melee
The creature looks vulnerable to the might of combined strength and ingenuity. = Hybrid
The creature will perish under the strength of intelligent magic. = INT casters

At this point, stay inside the room, since roamers pop outside, which you do not want to deal with at the same time.

Killing him spawns (non agro untill engaged):

Vrex Xalkak Nixki .
Grip of Stone
1: Decrease Hitpoints by 500 per tick
2: Decrease Mana by 500 per tick
Chromatic resist -300
PB AE, range 125
Duration 1min

Rain of Stone
1: Decrease Hitpoints by 1500
Chromatic resist -300
Targeted AE, range 125

He appears to have only 5% health, don't let that fool you, set up AE heals, get tanks ready, clerics ready, and kill him.

VERY VERY VERY important - final named should be charged, never pull him. Clerics can heal from behind the screen and totally avoid the AE.
If named gets tethered, then give up, you will not be able to kill him unless you are unbeliveably well equiped.

- Edited Jitatha - added the pull info for last room.

Khauruk

We just beat this on our first try w/ 29 people - took fetching forever though.  Dropped ring/pet aug.  Thanks for the info...time for Ikk4 I guess :)
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Essant

I hate this event more than I hate Uqua .. but at least its cool that I get to be majorly useful and pull the boss.  Did exactly as you said, except a pet that cons level 45 not 15 will work better.
Elder Essant Le'Fur
70 Vah Shir Beastlord of the Rathe
Brotherhood of the Spider
My Stuff!

jitathab

I am rapidly starting to hate Uqua as well :(

Ikk 4 is a pleasent raid in comparisson.

Khayden

I may be a sadist but I actually enjoyed Ikk4 and Uqua.  Ikk4 less so, mainly because of the "room of suck" that is the penultimate room, but it's pretty quick and simple other than that.  Actually not bad RvR lootwise since you can do it in an hour, provided you don't get tomes.

Uqua was the first truly difficult raid that took time learning I'd done for a loooong time, probably since RZ.  There's usually plenty of offtanking etc to be done and the Barxt fight is a blast.  Inktu`ta is more fun though,  Noqufiel = best fight ever, everyone gets to do something.

Khayden
Khayden
75 Barbarian Wildcaller of Mithaniel Marr
Bertoxxulous

Kanan

Love Inktuta.. fun raid

Just curious abt what other folks do on the cursecallers.  They thot that putting the pets on the rooted mobs would help prevent kiters from catching non-melee range prox agro and getting snared/rooted.  I've never noticed it helping that much frankly, but its easy nuff to do with /pet focus.  Problem for poor putty is that after his mob gets deded, he's like permarooted until I get DT'd or the fight ends ;p
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Khayden

We put knights in front of the callers after we wiped the first time when near every kiter got rooted.  We've not had a problem with root/snare since.

Khay
Khayden
75 Barbarian Wildcaller of Mithaniel Marr
Bertoxxulous

Essant

Well Uqua is pretty cool .. I enjoy it when we play it well.  We just accomplished our 3rd Uqua win and I got my Tunic, so yea, I'm happy with Uqua :)
Elder Essant Le'Fur
70 Vah Shir Beastlord of the Rathe
Brotherhood of the Spider
My Stuff!

Kanan

/shiver.. some peeps are wanting to get their alts qvic flagged now.. and they're talking abt going back into uqua to do it.  I was a lil obvious in my opinion about that idiocy.  "That fine.  That 5 people for the raid now.  Have effin fun.  I'll never go into that $%^$ zone again"

Still the hardest progression zone we had to deal with.  70 made it lot more doable.  I just want to never have to enter there again after the literally months spent banging our heads against that wall ><
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar