Main Menu

Weapon Augs LT vs DD

Started by Raetherin, August 25, 2005, 02:31:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raetherin

Hi guys, just curious about when you feel it suitable to switch out LT augs for DD augs. My situation is that i pretty much box with a 70 cleric all the time. What i have is currently epic 1.5 and Dispair - both with LT's (DoN and the Vientapper from MPG). I have all healing / dd AA's and have been happy with em to date. I am just wondering whats the point in LT when boxing cleric - would you guys recommend going back to DD augs? I have ok gear for what my guild does (just got into qvic) and I just would appreciate any advice from my peers. Thanks in advance. Rae.

Magelo Profile Number: 751860

(sorry i am very ignorant about making fancy links and such)
Raetherin - 70 - Beastlord - The Nameless

Kanan

I'm a major fan of the LTs.  For one, it can save your cleric mana in the long run as u tap the mob for the extra heals.  It is less dps than the DD procs, but I swear, I see far fewer resists on the lifetaps than I ever saw on the DDs.  You will run into a lot of mobs that are fire or cold immune.  A few are even poison immune.  But very few are magic immune, and the resist mod on the DoN LT procs is really nice.. and to be honest, i think the small difference b/w the damage done by the lifetap procs vs the DD procs is more than made up by the healing provided.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Grbage

Have to agree with Kanan. My old dd augs got resisted or partially resisted by xp mobs on a regular basis but I can't remember seeing a single resist on my life tap augs. Also, if you can save your cleric mana then you can kill more mobs.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Dreead

You should just put more HP augs in them, since you got them in every slot.

Anyway, yea life taps win

Raetherin

I appreciate the input - and have to agree. Its the resist on DD's i did not consider. Thankyou for your opinions, I will stick wth the LT's. Thanks again.
Raetherin - 70 - Beastlord - The Nameless