Main Menu

New focus and MGB

Started by Koocoo, October 23, 2006, 03:53:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koocoo

Last night as we were setting up to do the Queen I cast MGB with our new focus. The for the next few minutes got pestered with tells asking for it. As there are only 2 beasts in our guild the other did some of the groups and we figured that I must have made a mistake and not cast it on the guild although the MGB button was greyed.

After a wipe the other beasty cast focus cause he has rank II. Same thing. No MGB, just his own group.

Has anyone else noticed that MGB and the TSS group focus is not compatible.

BTW we both /bug it last night.

Timberghost

You mean MGB Focus of Amilan?  Why?  Were all the shammies on strike?  616 HPs is nice, I guess as a self buff in casual groups, but the Shammy Talisman of the Dire is just better

Focus of Amilan
1:  Increase Max Hitpoints by 616
2:  Increase HP when cast by 616

Talisman of the Dire

1:  Increase Max Hitpoints by 816
2:  Increase HP when cast by 816
4:  Increase STR by 91
5:  Increase DEX by 91
10:  Increase Str Cap by 91
11:  Increase Dex Cap by 91

kharthai

Probably because they were doing Queen Sendaii.  Wunshi/Dire Focus don't work there, due to stacking issues with the zonewide AE (which you're gonna have unless somehow you're doing Queen w/o any blood AA's), but our Focus works fine and has more hp than Fo7.

Anyway, haven't tried to mgb this yet, would hope if you can't it's only a bug and will be addressed at some point (though really, it's a small thing in the scheme of things, can't think of another situation I'd mgb it in, assuming there are some shaman).

Edit:  Think you're right Timberghost, same thing with Shyra.

Timberghost

Ahh cool.  Think theres the same issue on Matriarch Shyra as well.  Been a little while, but my recollection is that Wunshi+ are blocked there too.

hakaaba

focus is bugged with mgb.  it wastes mgb but doesnt get mgb'd.  Enjoy doing it by groups at 2k mana a pop  :evil:

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

sunkash

looking at the raw spell data, I see can_mgb 0 for this spell, and other spells we can MGB like SE/SA line
its setto can_mgb 1
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/rawspell.html?spell=10336

odd setting for a grp V2 spell, assume there was a coding error somewhere along the line.

Kanan

/thanks the gods he's done with queen & shyra ;p
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Katzeye

Atm MGB focus is bugged. You can try casting it but your only going to hit your group. I hear they are working on it but you know how long it takes them to fix stuff with our class so it could be a while.
Elder Katzeye Burrowclaw
75th Wildblood
Primal Evolution
On Erollisi Marr (fomerly of Morell Thule)
<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=211302 "> View Me</a>

Kanan

sad part is, its changing a 0 to a 1 in the spell data.  Take 2 mins to fix if they'll bother to look at it.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Tastian

I mentioned the issue again, but still haven't heard back.  It is a very simple change DB-wise, but *shrugs*.

Skanda

As of todays patch (1/17) Amilan is MGB-able.

Humlaine

good deal....since we are lacking shaman alot this might come into play now

Timberghost

Quote from: Skanda on January 18, 2007, 07:34:50 AM
As of todays patch (1/17) Amilan is MGB-able.

That's interesting cause a look at LUCY still shows some weirdness.  A real MGBable spell like Spiritual Enlightenment Rk II shows Can_MGB=1, by contrast Focus of Amilan Rk II shows Can_MGB=-1.

Are you sure that it MGBs right?

Skanda

Quote from: Timberghost on January 19, 2007, 11:05:42 PM

That's interesting cause a look at LUCY still shows some weirdness.  A real MGBable spell like Spiritual Enlightenment Rk II shows Can_MGB=1, by contrast Focus of Amilan Rk II shows Can_MGB=-1.

Are you sure that it MGBs right?

I tested it by standing in the guild hall, clicking my MGB and then casting Focus. I had no one targeted so if MGB failed then Focus would only land on myself. It landed on me, one other person and I got 5-6 "will not stick" (damn Shaman) messages.

Edit: Just tried it a second time with the same results. MGB is working now.