Main Menu

+ Damage augs

Started by Zeek Noblesquire, May 17, 2005, 05:22:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeek Noblesquire

I am just curious about the +1 damage augs.  How does that parse out compared to a 150dd aug?  I guess it would depend on your aa's a bit.  So I guess two scenarios then would be in order. 

Senario 1 no aa's +1 damage aug compared to a 150dd aug.

Secario 2 WA 5 and maxxed SCF. with 150dd agu compared to a =1 damage aug.

What would be better in this case assuming the weapon would be in the Main Hand?

One other question... I have seen people make mention of a +4 Damage aug... Does it exist?  If so how do I get one?  I would love to have one for my Ethereal Destroyer if it fits.

--------------- Zeek  :mrgreen:
Zenoch Noblesquire. Vah Shir BST (Firiona Vie Server) Officer <Lost Souls of Vengeance>
70 Beastlord - My Gear

Mahes

The +4 is a 2hander aug.  To my knowledge the best 1hander dmg augs are off Tunat.

I'm not sure you'll get a definitive answer on what's better.  Perhaps someone has parsed the two in comparison.  I know a couple of the upper end BSTs swear by it on the offhand.  Personally, I'd rather use a DD aug.  From what I understand from talking to some regular BST parsers as well as some bards, we stand to gain the least from these augs due to our lack of a natural double attack.

I can rattle off stuff about ours spells and encounters in the game all day, but I am the less knowledgable about these things.  As I understand it, procs are a set rate, seperate from your haste and such.  Based on that, I'd assume that given a low double attack, the procs would always do more.  A monk in my guild recently parsed the Tunat H2H aug against a DD aug and unhasted the H2H came only a tiny bit ahead, but hasted it blows it out of the water...which further implies to me that a DD would be better.

Hopefully someone who's not talking out of the rear, as I am now, can answer this question better.

Zeek Noblesquire

Quote from: Mahes on May 17, 2005, 06:07:01 PM
Hopefully someone who's not talking out of the rear, as I am now, can answer this question better.

Lol thanks for your input Mahes, I think you prolly are right in your assessment there (At least it sounds good  :-P )

Anyhow, I'll take your word for it.

---------- Zeek  :mrgreen:
Zenoch Noblesquire. Vah Shir BST (Firiona Vie Server) Officer <Lost Souls of Vengeance>
70 Beastlord - My Gear