Main Menu

1.5 Augs

Started by Epee, October 07, 2005, 06:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Epee

Ok just got the 1.5 today and I am looking for augs.. Any ideas? or suggestions?

Dreead

Quote from: Epee on October 07, 2005, 06:16:50 PM
Ok just got the 1.5 today and I am looking for augs.. Any ideas? or suggestions?
2 Life sap II augs from the DoN merchants

Kanan

or if u have the other lifesap 2 on ur other weapon, put a lifesap I (or whatever teh 100 hp tap is) on there.

If you're in tacvi, hope the bladed warstone drops for you & drop it in there with the tap aug in the type 7 slot.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Stumps_Bertox

jewel of focus (+90 hp) is a nice one too if you are offhanding your 1.5...drops pretty regularly from goats in qvic
Khylan  70 Draenei Mage of Malygos
EQ Toons (retired)
Gogbuk Beastlord of Bristlebane
Gogsbot Druid healing machine

Ravner

Quote from: Stumps_Bertox on October 08, 2005, 09:12:55 PM
jewel of focus (+90 hp) is a nice one too if you are offhanding your 1.5...drops pretty regularly from goats in qvic

I'd reserve aug slots in weapons for procs moreso than hitpoints....any chance to boost our dps should be used.

Epee

TY for all the advice...   Just confirmed what I thought.. Went ahead and put the 2 don lifesap augs in there.

Khauruk

TURNCOAT!!!!!

Yzak

Yeah, you can mainhand that and then use a shield offhand and you'll be gtg!  :?
Wildcaller Yzak
Drinal Marr

Stumps_Bertox

Quote from: Yzak on October 09, 2005, 09:11:32 PM

Yeah, you can mainhand that and then use a shield offhand and you'll be gtg!  :?

whats with the flaming?
he was looking for ideas, besides gogbuk is a boxed alt-- i dps with druid so the hp are nice
Khylan  70 Draenei Mage of Malygos
EQ Toons (retired)
Gogbuk Beastlord of Bristlebane
Gogsbot Druid healing machine

shenk

I put in the DoN 125 lifetap and 175 cold proc.   I didn't put both lifetaps in because I was told that you get more procs w/ you 125 lifetaps in different weapons.  Something about that if you put them both in same weapon, and 1 went off the other wouldn't go off, but if you have them in different weapons, they can proc at the same time.

Yzak

That's untrue.  You can have two of the same procs, cs4, life sap 2 etc.

The only thing you have to worry about is say in your 1.5, whatever the first proc in order is, will proc before the second.  Just the way the game checks for procs.

So you wouldnt want it to be like this
Savage Lord's Totem (Augmented)
MAGIC ITEM  LORE ITEM  NO DROP 
Slot: PRIMARY  SECONDARY 
Skill: 1H Blunt  Atk Delay: 22
DMG: 26  AC: 20
Cold DMG: 1
STR: +20  STA: +20  WIS: +25  AGI: +30 
HP: +205  MANA: +190  SV DISEASE: +20  SV COLD: +25 
SV POISON: +20
Strikethrough: +5%
Required level of 70.
Effect: Savage Wildcaller's Blessing (Casting Time: 0.8
Focus Effect: Eternal Animist's Icestorm
Effect: Life Sap I (Combat)
Effect: Life Sap II (Combat)
WT:  1.5    Size: MEDIUM
Class: BST
Race: BAR TRL OGR IKS VAH
Slot 1, type 4: Vein Sap Pearl
Slot 2, type 8: Deepsky Stone
Wildcaller Yzak
Drinal Marr

Tastian

"Something about that if you put them both in same weapon, and 1 went off the other wouldn't go off, but if you have them in different weapons, they can proc at the same time."

The way the check is done in this case would be that only one proc is going fire per "round" for either weapon.  That does mean that if one lifesap aug fires MH the other won't, but the proc rates are such that overall this won't cut into the second/third procs the weapon has much because of the large number of combat rounds 1h+haste have.  Also keep in mind that by moving the proc aug to the OH you are cutting its proc rate in half.  The OH only procs half as often as the MH does.  That is a much larger drop in procs than the few procs that you'd have to parse like crazy to find with multiple procs on the same MH weapon.

Spennce DI

so if i was gonna MH SotA and OH epic i would put a 125 lifetap in SotA and a 125 lifetap and 175 DD in epic? i say this cause i want the most healing possible.

Dreead

Quote from: Spennce DI on October 10, 2005, 07:37:00 PM
so if i was gonna MH SotA and OH epic i would put a 125 lifetap in SotA and a 125 lifetap and 175 DD in epic? i say this cause i want the most healing possible.
Well the most healing possible would be 1, 125 lifesap in main, 1, 125 lifesap in epic, and 1, 100 lifesap in epic.

Kanan

/melt.. tappy goodness.. I miss when I had veintapper stone in my epic.  For a while, i was going thru HoT potions a lot faster at c1 than I previously had been.

Granted I'd bagged 1.5 for shinai at the time, so I lost a whole tap proc there and shifted demerix to offhand, cutting the unresistable proc in half.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar