Main Menu

'making' a good haste item...

Started by Yiktiki, January 13, 2004, 04:27:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yiktiki

I'm at a loss for a good haste item atm, and I would like to use weapons for DPS vs haste (13/22 just ain't so great anymore.)  I am trying to make a ldon point purchasable haste item that is worth a damn... here is my problem.  (Note, this is a post which is concurrently me 'thinking aloud' so might come up with a solution as I type... feel free to contribute.)

I want haste > 30%, preferably 36% ... since there is no purchasable 41% unfortunately, that leaves me with only 4 slots to make a good haste item out of:

Gravestone Fragment of Flailing Dead
LORE ITEM AUGMENTATION NO DROP
Augmentation Type: 3
Weight: 0.0 Size: TINY
Slot Restrictions: HEAD BACK RANGE WAIST  

Effect: Haste
Type: Worn
Haste: 36%

I would prefer to not use something that Dumul's stuff would nicely replace, so has me using BACK RANGE WAIST.  I have a pretty good waist item now, so that leaves me with BACK or RANGE.  I have an ok range, but would consider replacing it.  My back is so old school, and the enduring breath would go away if I could score a Dumul's cap.

So now to figure out items and stats.
Starlighte - Tauren Druid - Level 70
Misscreant - Blood Elf Warlock - Level 70
Kilrogg Server

RETIRED
Elder Yiktiki Tumbo - Feral Lord
Starlighte Starbrighte - Pocket Druid
Luclin Server

Yiktiki

Spirit Imbued Whetstone  
LORE ITEM MAGIC ITEM NO DROP  
Weight: 0.1 Size: TINY
Slot: RANGE  
AC: +10 Sta: +10 Agi: +8 Magic Resist: +15 HP: +65 Mana: +50  
Classes: Warrior Rogue Monk Bard Shadowknight Paladin Ranger Beastlord  
Races: All Races
Slot 1: Type 1
Slot 2: Type 1
Slot 3: Type 3

-=OR=-

Vial of Ghoul Blood
MAGIC ITEM NO DROP  
Weight: 0.2 Size: MEDIUM
AC: +4 Dex: +9 Fire Resist: +3 Magic Resist: +3 HP: +15 Mana: +15  
Classes: All Classes  
Slot 2: Type 3

Complete 'no brainer' on that one.  The obvious choice would be the whetstone.  Lets look at back items first though.
Kilrogg Server

RETIRED
Luclin Server

Yiktiki

There are several to choose from, I'm just going to put the top two (by my standards.)

War Cloak of the Masters
Weight: 0.1 Size: MEDIUM
Slot: BACK  
AC: +13 Fire Resist: +20 Disease Resist: +20 Cold Resist: +10 HP: +60 Mana: +40  
Slot 1: Type 2
Slot 2: Type 3

-=OR=-

Troll Skin Cape  
AC: +11 Cha: +10 Wis: +6 Int: +6 Fire Resist: +5 HP: +50 Mana: +50  
Slot 2: Type 1
Slot 3: Type 3

There are some nice starting stats on the first one, but 3 slots to use on the 2nd, so a bit more room for customizability (and the 2nd one is cheaper!)
Kilrogg Server

RETIRED
Luclin Server

Yiktiki

Its those darned augments that now make this tricky.  My existing range item has some nice stats (lotsa agi, lotsa wis, pretty good MR) so its hard to give that up.  Kinda the same w/ my back item, though a lot of that is the huge ac boost (I wanna stay above 1100 ac) so I juggle.  There aren't any good AC augs for the slots available.  I thought of just tacking on the hp/mana augs to really boost me... like so:

Ooze-Covered Pebble of Perfection
AUGMENTATION NO DROP
Augmentation Type: All Types
Weight: 0.0 Size: TINY
Slot Restrictions: EAR FACE NECK SHOULDER BACK FINGERS PRIMARY RANGE SECONDARY WAIST  
HP: +20 Mana: +20  

If I just stuck that on all of the available slots, I have these 3 items to choose from.

Spirit Imbued Whetstone
Weight: 0.1 Size: TINY
AC: +10 Sta: +10 Agi: +8 Magic Resist: +15 HP: +105 Mana: +90
Slot 1: Ooze-Covered Pebble of Perfection
Slot 2: Ooze-Covered Pebble of Perfection
Slot 3: Gravestone Fragment of Flailing Dead

-=OR=-

Troll Skin Cape
AC: +11 Cha: +10 Wis: +6 Int: +6 Fire Resist: +5 HP: +90 Mana: +90
Slot 2: Ooze-Covered Pebble of Perfection
Slot 3: Gravestone Fragment of Flailing Dead

-=OR=-

War Cloak of the Masters
AC: +13 Fire Resist: +20 Disease Resist: +20 Cold Resist: +10 HP: +80 Mana: +60
Slot 2: Gravestone Fragment of Flailing Dead

Thats 3 pretty nice items, huge HP boostage there.  It seems if I want raw HP, the smart money is on the new and improved 'War Cloak of the Masters'.  Am I being short-sighted in an item like that?  Its a good improvement at the loss of 10 raw ac and Enduring Breath.  Man I hate the slot limitation on that frickin haste aug.  I'm trying to break OUT of the standard haste slots, there is too much good stuff.  H8 SOE.
Kilrogg Server

RETIRED
Luclin Server

Aggy

Hiya Yik

I was going to suggest the Whetstone for your range slot, since the stats on that are outstatnding...until I saw your magelo: you already have a BETTER Range slot (very nice, IMHO).  Since that is the case I would go with the War Cloak of the Masters - very solid AC and resists, with nice HP.  If you are going to be stepping down your AC with a move away form the Lodi shield, you might as well pick an item that still has decent AC.

Just my thoghts...you have obviously put a great deal of thoughts into your upgrade path already.
:)

How many LDoN adventures do you win (on average) per week?

Yiktiki

Well I've been a slacker, so I am trying to get up to speed on my adventure totals, but I probably get 2-4 successful adventures a day, if I'm lucky then I can get into a 'perfect' group and we will do hard adventures, netting me double adventure points.  So, worse case scenerio, I can accumulate 600ish adventure pts/wk, best case I am getting 2800 a wk.  Probably close to 1k a week most recently.  I have 2k banked atm as I try to get up in levels, and need to spend 760 in Nro soon for the pet focus.

I would really like a shot at the Wristband of the Rathe from 'A Perfected Warder of Earth' so I could kill two birds with one stone, upgrade my mediocre wrists and get a haste item at the same time.  Man juggling haste items is poopy.
Kilrogg Server

RETIRED
Luclin Server

CillianFV

Can you put two of the same augs on the same item?  I was under the impression that you couldn't but I'm not really sure.
Wildcaller Cillian Stonefang
Feral Lord of 65 Seasons

Man0warr

You missed a good cloak Yik

Tak 1492  Cloak of the Lost Oasis
AC:14, Sta:9, Mana:50, HP:80, CR:10, MR:11, type1,type2,type3

And a good ranged

Tak 1492  Ancient Sand Gem
AC:9, Dex:8, Wis:8, Int:8, HP:75, Mana:75, FR:12, DR:12, type1,type2,type3
rathe.Battlesaur Robotindisguise
Legend of Marr - The Rathe

Gudaman

Since your Ep flaged im guessing pof also their is a nice cloak that can drop off of the field2 mini's which is 41% haste and also a little better then a hero cloak. As for ldon wise i got the cheap 45hp guk back item and the 31% EC aug cost about 570 points just to have decent haste then a few weeks later got my pof cloak.

Here's a link to the cloak from pof

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=20805

Spent like a weekend with a group of my friend's i usualy hang out with got 4 cloak's  and a range. For some reason the named like to spawn in groups of 2/3.

Edit: A weekend was probbly like 8-10 hour wise and good exp too around a blue pur kill.
Good Luck

Tooflus Wunder

Yikitiki,

There are few items that are for ranged slot that you may have overlooked that are really nice.  The Marsinger gem quest that starts in GFay and encompasses the new revamped PoHate yields great range items that would make great haste items for you.  Here are the links for the 3rd gemGem of Heroism and 4th gem Marsinger's Glimmering Gem.

The only thing is I am unsure of the slot type they are so they may not actually work.  i will update this information when I can log on and check the gem I have to see what augs it can hold.

Yiktiki

Thanks guys.  The PoFire cloak seems like a pretty good option to pursue, most easily obtainable for me... don't know anyone that does stuff in hate, so hard to do quests there. /c: and since I already have a good range item, the haste is most important to me.  That would probably happen a lot faster than farming up 4k adventure points too. (c;

BTW, i dunno about dualing up augments, just assumed.  mayhaps thats not an option <shrug>
Kilrogg Server

RETIRED
Luclin Server

Yiktiki

Oh yah.. and thanks Man0war... i might look into those if I can't generate interest in PoFire.  At the very least I need to add them to my spreadsheet, i guess allakhazam didn't have em in their db.
Kilrogg Server

RETIRED
Luclin Server

chuteshock

From looking at your magelo Yik I would build the cloak and run with that. The war cloak is pretty much a lodi shield with HP and haste once you get done building it. You cant pass up those kind of resists on that cloak for how many points its takes to get it.