Main Menu

1.5 or hand wraps of captured magic?

Started by Razazh, March 19, 2007, 01:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razazh

The question is stated in the title. which is better? the 1.5 or handwraps? Im stuck on my 1.5 atm, my guild wont help me with the final fight  :cry: and we have the handwraps rotting in the bank. should i just try harder to push for the 1.5 or should i cave and get the handwraps?

Thanks in advance for your input  :mrgreen:

Nusa

Depends on how you evaluate it. If you look at simple combat ratios (25/19 vs 26/22), the Handwraps are clearly better. But when you consider that the epic lets you STACK another nuke-proc on your pet, plus the 35% cold focus for your nukes and the 5% strikethrough, you might fight it harder to choose. The answer would also depend on what content your guild is currently in.

If they're doing Shyra, Tacvi, and/or Anguish, you may be better off waiting for the even-better-than-handwraps options, some of which are bst-only. Also if you're in Anguish, you can't get your 2.0 without getting your 1.5 first. If you're not in any of those places, I'd say get them both, handwraps for mainhand, 1.5 for offhand. Which basically throws the decision of what to do first back to you, doesn't it?

(Edit, I just realized you said handwraps in bank, which means you are on FV. Which means all sorts of superior weapons are likely buyable on FV. Those higher-end bst-only weapons have a tendancy to rot after a while, so I expect they'd not be too outrageous on FV. The advice above is for a normal server...someone familiar with FV's economy may have better advice on what's available.)

Gunzak

Are you in Twilight Axis Razazh?  I know we have the handwraps in the bank.  One question though.  Why won't the guild your in help you with the 1.5?  Also if you raid with Oasis you can also do it with them.  I currently use the Fangs of the Serpent from MPG trial and Handwraps of Captured Magic from Qvic.  I could buy a better weapon in the bazaar but I am partial to lifetaps.

Khauruk

TURNCOAT!!!!!

Razazh

ya Gun lol your in my guild 8P well i have asked UK to do it a couple times, and he keeps saying, eather we are going to be to busy or he will come back later. which he never does. Ex) last thursday after raid he said he would help me with the fight but he needed a few min. i told him the npc would despawn soon and he said just spam hail it and he will get back with me shortly. well i spamed her for 50mins befor saying F-it and logging.

Gunzak

Well I should be home for raid times Tuesday, Thursday and Friday if you want to do it.  As for DPS I believe you might want to grab the handwraps and just wait and get Hallowed Bloodclaw of Shadows from Shyra or Fangs of the Serpent from MPG trial.  The DPS from both of those is way better then the 1.5.  As for getting your 2.0 we are quite a ways from getting Anguish flagged and we just broke into Qvic so we are a ways from Tacvi as well.

Epic 1.5 22/26
Handwraps 19/25
Fangs 21/32
Bloodclaw 22/35