Main Menu

Gear Question

Started by ramelorm, August 21, 2009, 01:02:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramelorm

Hello fellow  BST,

I am  to the  point  where  i am  confused  about  SOd  gear and  what Mod 2 items  we need.

I went  to http://home.comcast.net/~mathadon/Guides/SoD/BuildVisGear.html and  found http://lsd.ozzy.no/armor_stats.php

my Questionis ;

1. what  mod 2 do i select  for  BST class from list provided??

Thanks
EQ force multiplier.......BEASTLORDS, the other white meat

Maylian

Hi Rame,

Do you have access to group or raid armour? If raid then I wouldn't focus on mod 2's as you will easily max them out as you go and shouldn't need to pick your set so carefully. Just focus on the heroic's that you want so +str, agi and dex; +sta is nice for magelo padding but not massively beneficial.

If you're using group gear then you'll probably not be able to max all your mod 2's and again it depends on what augs you have access to. I would personally say that try and max avoidance, shielding, combat effects, accuracy and strikethrough.

Kanan

ummm.. all of them ;p

seriously though, you'll want to evaluate where you presently stand on your mod2s and decide where you want them to end up.

IMO, most of your basic mod2s should cap out easily.  Avoidance used to be simplest thing in the world for a leather class to cap out (think i was once at like 160 avoidance at one point.. with the effective cap being 100).  Now not so easy (I'm actually a tidge under cap).  For melee dps output, accuracy would be one of better things to cap out, and it's got one of the higher caps out there.

For the + spell dmg, clairvoyance, etc, I'll let someone better informed about those effects give a truly cogent commentary.  I've heard that clairvoyance is 'bout useless really.  I've not heard much commentary about the spell dmg, Heal mod, etc effects.  If it "worked as intended", I'd thinking that the + spell dmg would be the best thing, to help out spell dmg.  

For Heroics, str would be the best melee dps increaser.  Hell.. I think it'd be the best dps increaser, period, but /shrug.  
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Mazame

With Full T5 Group gear I had all mod 2  Max or with in 2 points of max.  the only one I didn't come close on was Accuracy I was at 109 / 150 so the build you make dose matter on the Sod gear. I went with everything for max avoidance and the First set I build I just made what ever I got and the differance was about 30+ avoidance when I changes it out to focus on one thing.

I would say pick one Avoidance or Accracy and then build off that if you dealing with group gear.  Avoid. if you tank more solo more. Accracy if you group a lot. the other mod 2 will then fall into place and you will ether have them maxed or close to it.

if your getting raid gear you will be maxing all so don't matter

Wolfcaller

I tank a lot so I focus on avoidance, shielding, and accuracy for dps.

Nusa

In my opinion SoF raid gear, even uncored, has SoD group gear beat, especially when you consider the higher mod2 benefits and the 25 extra purity bonus (of course you need to wear a powersource for purity to matter). It's what I'm wearing at the moment (I've put no real effort into essence-farming this expansion, which is good for anyone with me when they do drop), and I have no regrets. All the cappable mods are maxxed, and I've retired all augments I used to use for that....my aug focus is now AC/HP.

Of course, if you don't raid, SoD group gear is likely the best available to you for the next few months anyway.

Catnip_Inny

What set of SoD gear has the best make up for tanking or dps?  I basically took what i could get my hands on for my first set but now we can go back and swap out essence, anyone have a preference on what set has the best mods for us?

Khauruk

http://lsd.ozzy.no/armor_stats.php

Tanking:  You want to look at Avoidance, Shielding, and HAgi, HDex
DPS:  HStr
TURNCOAT!!!!!

wildwaters

This thread has information on what heroics do

http://www.evilgamer.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3508

Might be a good thing to look at before making decisions.