Main Menu

Per Prathun's request at FF, spells parent classes have that the hybrids should

Started by Khauruk, August 05, 2007, 06:04:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bumkus

Humlaine

I like the phrase you give a person a inch, they will try and take a mile, I dont know about you but If I am putting in a request for a spell its not gonna be a small spell its going for a good one that plays more then one role for our class.

Mewzee

/rant on

The real problem that I see honestly is that the developers themselves have problems deciding where to categorize the beastlord class, are we dps or are we utility, or are we a pet mage...ect They also have probelms trying to come up with new utilities for us to use at raids because they don't bother to try to make up brand new ones for us....so imo lack of creativity.

Imo I think the beastlord is a dps class, the perfect pet master, and a utility class in a pinch that is decent. We have the potiential to be a really great hybrid, if only we can maintain the balance of using our dps+pet+spells with our different strengths.

All the nay sayers who say we shouldn't have Invis (for crying out loud!), a better focus, and a better slow, or a better way to cure ourselves and maybe even others besides just our pet, they don't know how convinent it would be to have these things when you DON'T have them at all. I will admit and be honest with you all and with myself, it doesn't happen often that your at a raid and that no shaman are on at all and that they actually need the beast focus spell, but you know what, its happened to me once in my current guild (a good long while ago but still), and you don't know how GREAT it felt to be able to have GROUP FOCUS and MGB it for the raid, or do it by groups. For once I felt more valuable and useful and the guild was SURE GLAD I WAS THERE!

Now I'm not saying the only answer is more utility for the beastlord, but in our current state I think that is definately what we lack most, and it makes sense to start there.

A post that someone said on the EQ Forums that I can't get out of my mind and that I don't understand why the developers didn't think of it is something along the lines of..."start making your own spell line or abilities that no one else can have and stop taking things from your parent class"....

OK Well I know we've tried to do that, we've posted tons of ideas...and some have even been put to use thru the years (which is a great start!)..but we need MORE of that and it should have been done that way a long time ago....but its the DEVS who feel that the way the game is currently being played, we need to have spells from the shaman line aka our "parent".

And it seems this line of thinking is for all classes....why did this type of thinking stay that way after so much change in the EQ enviroment, why can't the way we learn spells and abilities change as well? Why didn't they just make up all the spell line for beastlords, instead of just making up a few spells, and then copy pasting the lowest level spells from the shaman, and then blurring everything buy giving us tons of summon pets of different levels, procs, pet heals, and haste up the @$$ and discontinuing exisiting old lines of spells?

It would be freaking awesome to have beastlords be able to change into a Werewolf form instead of a shaman...I really dont understand where or why they thought it was ok for shammys but not for us...I mean we're BEAST LORDS...we should be able to control beasts (maybe we need to be able to summon multiple different types of pets/beasts? more ideas like the werewolf but different animals) and even morph into them as AA abilities....these are the types of things that would truly define our class.

We'd be the king of beasts/animals......but...oh wait...thats what druids/rangers/shaman/ and even mages (with monster summoning) can do.......

When will the devs stop giving a hoot about what OTHERS think, instead of what WE think and what would indeed define us as a CLASS in the game.

/rant off

~Mewzee Mew~  Lvl 75 Wildblooded Kitty of RIP ~ Tribunal Server

Mewzee

The beastlord class if I had *my* way of doing things, would have seen upgrades in tons of old spell lines purely for convinence and would have been beneficial to beastlords of all levels and playstyles. Plus we would have been a Werewolf and shammys would NEVER have gotten that AA imo.

Another thing I would have done is alot of the suggestions/ideas I personally have come up with would have been done plus new ideas. And sincerely I wish I could see all those ideas given to the beastlord on a test server. All the spells, and all these ideas and just have them on a test server for nothing but the beastlord class period, and truly test it and see what ideas are too overpowering and which ideas stink but look good in theory ect and truly give us a chance to fix ourselves as a class and define ourselves in what we want to do.

The point is, these problems that we're having is due to lack of YEARS worth of minor spells that could have been given along with tons of lack of creativity for AAs, skills and other class defining things that should have been created from scratch, not copy pasting shammy spells.

I'm starting to look for that "turn me into a shammy button" or "turn me into two different toons button".

~Mewzee Mew~  Lvl 75 Wildblooded Kitty of RIP ~ Tribunal Server

Nusa

Quote from: Humlaine on August 09, 2007, 09:12:01 PM
I like the phrase you give a person a inch, they will try and take a mile, I dont know about you but If I am putting in a request for a spell its not gonna be a small spell its going for a good one that plays more then one role for our class.

This almost sounds like you're not willing to ask for something reasonable. You want the mile or nothing? I'd rather have something than nothing.

Besides, who said you can only ask for one spell/disc? Ask for a bunch of reasonable things, let's see what we get.

Bumkus

Quote from: Nusa on August 10, 2007, 07:03:44 AM
Quote from: Humlaine on August 09, 2007, 09:12:01 PM

This almost sounds like you're not willing to ask for something reasonable. You want the mile or nothing? I'd rather have something than nothing.

Besides, who said you can only ask for one spell/disc? Ask for a bunch of reasonable things, let's see what we get.
we've been plenty reasonable and we see what we got.  if i hear another bst say "but the shammy's won't like that", i'll just lose my cookies.

Khauruk

Quote from: Bumkus on August 11, 2007, 02:29:24 AM
we've been plenty reasonable and we see what we got.  if i hear another bst say "but the shammy's won't like that", i'll just lose my cookies.

We currently have not not received anything.  We have simply heard nothing from Prathun as to whether *anybody* will or will not receive any of these requests.

I don't care much whether shaman like or don't like any of the things I'd like from their lists, personally.  But, I do think there's a lot of ridiculous/overreaching requests in this thread.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Tiroon

Quote from: hakaaba on August 06, 2007, 04:14:11 AM

Of course this means shamans need to get something thats better in some way than tribunal and an upgraded cripple somewhere between levels ~70 and 80

IIRC shamans were offered an upgrade to Crippling Spasm but it was dropped from the final lineup due to the limit of spells allowed and because most shamans felt that that was the spell that was least useful and could be sacrificed.

Chanters got their upgrade in the form of Fractured Conciousness.

Since Shamans felt it a spell not worth defending I would have no problems if we tried to claim it for the Beastlord class.
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

Biostar

1) Spiritual line - Would like to see something other than a hp/mana regen perhaps add spell haste, mana prev, or something

2) Fero - As it is its very mana intensive and slows down our dps during raids. Group form or arua would be nice but with added benefit of accuracy, avoidance, etc.

3) Pet melee/spell runes - It was fairly stupid in the first place to separate these spells into two lines. Not only does it decrease pet survivability but it makes them useless on raids where mobs aoe rampage and proc.

4) Heals - I'd like to see a cure base put in with our regular heals or perhaps a self only heal with corruption and curse cures. Its not too far fetched that if our pet heals get them why can't our regular heals have them.

5) Paragon - With tanks and clerics hp/mana pool growing so should our paragon line.  Wouldn't mind seeing it single shot but it have to be a major upgrade to it as a trade off.

6) SV - Like with fero perhaps adding ferocity, cleave, etc to the line would make it more attractive to melee.

7) slow/incapacitate - Its been a long while since we've seen any upgrade to these so its about due.
[

Humlaine

I would like to see our cripple line upgraded, to at least cripple, also I would like to see us be given panther single cast, it would give us more of a support role in certain situations, and give us more of a utility overall

hakaaba

i don't see us getting panther under any circumstance.

A cripple upgrade would be great, of course.  But you're forgetting all the other little upgrades that, sure, are insignificant by themselves.  but once we stopped getting dex buffs, for example, suddenly shamans got a direct avoidance buff as an upgrade to the dex buff line and we get left out of that catagory of buffs.  These buffs may seem "small", but these are precisely the kind of buffs praethun is asking about in the first place.

He's asking about the stupid little trivial spells that might be useful once a month, which is more than the never that they are useful when we don't have them at all.

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Constaq

Some sort of HOT
cripple be nice but would nvr use
more poison nukes
Dots if they are worth it.

Monks
dont want fd
run 8!
some sort of mend like they have be cool make it link to warder heals both?
flying kick 

laissez

I'm all for a HoT, it would make staying alive in many different aoe, and ramping situation alot easier.  If it was a Quiescence lvl Hot that would be good, which isn't even as good as a healing X potion but no refresh timer.  What i dont want to see is a torpor and have to take a 30% slow for a minimal hot.
Elder   Laissez Fairez
75 Beastlord Luclin Server

Smobon

I feel that if shaman's and monks are our parent classes, we are lacking monkish stuff. aka, need an upgraded rake, def disc, and even off disc.
Personally, i dont think we really need a HoT spell, it would be handy granted, but would we really use it so much? from my experience HoT spells cost too much for the healing granted, they could do the same to bst HoT spell line and we could end up with a spell that was a nice thought, but was not necessary, just like are pet slow......

Nusa

Actually, a high level Shaman HoT that was self-only wouldn't be too far out of line. We already get a small taste of that as one of the effects of Growl.