Main Menu

About beast in ME spawn rate...

Started by Tastian, September 30, 2004, 01:54:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tastian

Here's what I was told...

"It is intended to be a rather frequent drop but not drop every time, just as the text states.  The beastie may need to do it over and over again to get what he needs."

Now I've already followed up on that and pointed out that the drop rates we are seeing don't really classify as "rather frequent" as far as I can tell and if they could look into the drop rate and consider boosting it up some, even if they don't wish for it to be a 100% drop.  As soon as I know more I'll let ya's know, but for now keep posting your horror stories lol.

TheOriginalGronker

I definitely can't believe how much whining there is regarding this rare spawn.  Compare this to any of the other epics.  Look at the rest of the BST "1.5" epic and compare it to any of old epics (including the BST one).  I've seen people claim 20+ hours camping it... anyone remember raster?  Do you see any of the people bragging that they got it right after server reset because the named was up and dropped the item?  Do you read about the people that got it within a couple of hours?

I spent ~8 hours looking for that acrylia thing in The Grey ... required me to spent 10+ hours TRYING to kill those shrooms in the The Deep before they were wussified, and probably 4 hours in ME getting the gems.  Then factor in all the waiting for scouts and getting raids set up to take them down (back when I raided and you actually needed a small raid force) the new epic is a cakewalk.  The issue now is that there are bottlenecks and all those 66+ bsts are trying to get it at the same time - but hopefully noone is going to change this epic to be more of a gimme than it already is.  Is the problem that the race to 70 should't be interrupted for more than a couple of hours to get the new stepping-stone-epic?   :roll:

Ttony

I am going on 16 hours 6 kills and none have dropped anything. Not even a pelt. This is beyond ridiculous!!
Ttony Ttiger
70 Vah Shir Beastlord
Raeign Foraeist
65 Froglok Cleric
Pyin Tupanger
57 Half Elf druid

Eatbugs

QuoteIt is intended to be a rather frequent drop but not drop every time, just as the text states.

Well then, they goofed.  From what I can see of the reports on camping it, it's not a rather frequent drop - it's a very rare drop.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Nonposter

This is not about bottlenecks from too many peeps camping the same spawn, it is about a rare named with a rare drop. I did this camp for 12 hours, got 1 named, thankfully it dropped the essence. That is what makes for a bottleneck.

12 hrs / 12 min respawn x 3 spawns = 180 PH kills before I got named. If you look at the threads, most are taking 3-4 spawns before they get the drop. That would mean they killed 540+ mobs to get one drop. I don't care how hard any other class' epic is, and I don't care how hard epic1 was. We are talking about the Beastlord Epic 1.5 and this is just stupid. If this is meant to be as hard as it is, then they need to adjust the path. I expected the drogmar camp to be harder than this part. Having this part linked with the PoN part (1 kill 1 drop, maybe too easy) is wrong.

I had issues with several epic1 drops as well, over 20 hours in the grey, and I killed alot of mobs during that time, even had 3 VT shards drop before I got epic drop there. I at least had more than 3 spawns to kill, and they were not lt blue mobs in the middle of Add-city.

Imo ME zone needs to be adjusted. Names are just too rare there, and drops from said names are rare to boot. My VT shard camp in ME was over 30 hours, and I saw 4 names during that time, clearing 3 camps. By comparason, I had to kill the drogmar PH's over 15 times (30 spawns) before I got named to spawn, but at least when it spawned I got the drop.

ME is the LAST zone I hoped we would have an epic drop in, there is a reason it is practly empty on all servers. I guess since I made 3% normal xp at 68 it was worth the 12 hour camp  :roll:
- nonposter

Aeshmal

I camped this spawn for 27 hours.

I didn't spend 27 hours on my entire first epic quest.

Urim

QuoteIf this is meant to be as hard as it is, then they need to adjust the path.
This quest is by no means hard, i would say it is FAR too easy just like our first epic was FAR too easy. Having this be a rare drop from a rare named is fine, sure its a bitch when you have to camp it but what isn't a bitch when your having to camp it.

However, with that said i think ME drop rate is a bit too low and what they should do is make ME drop it more often and change the Drogmor so that it doesn't drop it every time. Our epic can be completed in one day with luck on spawns and drops and can be soloed for 95% of it. Compare that to any other classes epics (minus shammy, they got it pretty easy too) and come back here and tell me our epic is too hard.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

flush

Back when I was doing my Vex Thal key, I camped for 10 hours a day for 4 days straight, I had a 1 week vacation where I spent the first 4 days of a 7 day break in EQ.

After that, I swore I wouldn't do that to myself ever again.

I read all about this epic ME spawn / drop rate and realize, this is going to be the same ridiculous task all over again.

Understanding that SOE is trying to improve things, having devs saying it is working as intended when you have many reports to the contrary.

If they are coming off saying it is working as intended, how about some statistics to prove it? i.e. number of kills ph, named, drop rate

As I understand it, these quest stages were designed to take 2 hours on average, right? I spent 3 hours in Siren's Grotto to get the Ailing Walrus, clearing 7 spawn locations. I'm already above the average.

A game that requires too much time investment, performing repetitive menial tasks, has no place in today's environment.

My UI
Quotemmm, let the buku raid credits roll in....mmmm...

malkor wolfestorm

So far I guess I have been pretty lucky.  3 hours ( 2 spawns ) for ME , 1 hour for SG ( and 28k for the Felspine belt ) , logged on before work killed one dog and got PoN drop.  

I haven't camped Nadox , but I guess if I have to camp it long I wont complain since I got off fairly easy with my others.  

Yes I would scream if I spent 12 hours let alone 20 hours but I guess in the end it all "averages"  out.

Armanthuzz

17 hours in 2 days, 3 nameds popped , one had pelt, others had nothing... still campin... but screw rather frequently...

Tastian

The point here is that we started off wondering what was intended for this drop rate.  Personally I think the lore of the quest makes it not being a 100% drop rather silly, but if it's intended to a rare(ish) drop I'm ok with that.  The problem now is that they admitt it's not supposed to be 100%, but that it's supposed to be "rather frequent" that brings up another issue in that the drops we are seeing aren't rather frequent.  I'm tallying up the data I've got, but it appears that what is happening isn't what they intended by their own admission.  That makes it broken.  Even once fixed some might still find it too hard, some find it too easy, that's just how it goes, but atm it doesn't appear to be what they think it is and that's why we need to keep posting data and passing it along and hopefully see the drop rate bumped up a bit.

Tastian

I'm just full of news today lol...

"I received some information about this issue and I wanted to let you know that the drop rate as been increased significantly.  I am not sure when this change will go live but I will let you know what I find out."

Now the question is...How many will actually wait for the change to go live before camping the mob? lol

Syphis

I am camping him right now and its still going on. I have not seen him in 8 hours now. Last long haul for no named was 7 hours. I have killed 12 named no drop. My camp for this mob has now reached its 38th hour. This is an extremely rare spawn, and rare drop on the Torvon server. Maybe its different on your guys server, but this is BS home here.

Syphis Sathir

flush

Quote from: TastianI'm just full of news today lol...

"I received some information about this issue and I wanted to let you know that the drop rate as been increased significantly.  I am not sure when this change will go live but I will let you know what I find out."

Now the question is...How many will actually wait for the change to go live before camping the mob? lol

I'll wait till you confirm it has gone live, Tastian 8)

My UI
Quotemmm, let the buku raid credits roll in....mmmm...

Oneiromancer

EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired