Main Menu

About beast in ME spawn rate...

Started by Tastian, September 30, 2004, 01:54:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giledorm

Just past my 17 hour mark tonite... 3 named over that time... no drops...

/sigh...   :roll:  back at it tomorrow i guess...

P.S. Oh, and Urim, if you actually had to sit there with a group because you didn't have 8k hp unfreakingbuffed, you wouldn't think it's so easy.  I've had to waste alot of my friend's time to help with this.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=395485&resize=true target=_blank>http://www.thirds.org/moose/newsig.jpg border=0>

Xyrys

Btw.. there are 3 wolves at the firepot.  Only the rear one can spawn named..

Also..  Am up to final battle.  NON EP guild.  6k hps raid buffed 1300ac..  Did all the fights duo with my druid..  Had about 5500hps for each fight total.  Only 150aa..

These fights are simple as..

The 2nd last fight is easier than people believe..  Just wait till the adds start to despawn..  Chain agro named to a point where he warps so he always has agro..  They will despawn after about 20mins..  Harm/pac the last few and then pull and kill..

Fionnah

Hard?  That's not EVEN the issue.

Where you have to camp this mob most times, there are enough mobs that come by to make it dangerous to stand up.  This is a 4+ hour camp with frequent, if not nearly constant combat.

Making people sit there non-stop isn't difficult, it's INHUMAN.  There is no fucking reason why we have the sleep camp that spawns in less than 2 hours (never heard much longer) in Gunthak and this nightmare spawn (4 hours, no spawn here) in the middle of traffic central with mobs that can nuke for 1k.  They should have reversed the 2 spawns, the ME spawn should be 1-2 hours with 100% drop, the Gunthak should have been the nightmare so that if you have to go to the bathroom (hello... does SoE really want their gamers to be complete social rejects?!?!), you can easily move to a safe spot without having to potentially fight 14 mobs on the way (even with invis).

I swear, SoE just has a hard on for fucking people over with ME... first the nightmare of the VT shard, now this fucked up camp?  They haven't made a decent expansion since Vellious.  Faction has become nothing more than a joke, not worth even thinking about any more, whereas it used to be a choice of how you would play the game.
Fionnah Shrekswife
66th Level Beastlady and her Valiant Steed, Donkey.
Final Destiny
Ayonae Ro

Jaldak Lakota

It took me 40 hours and 45 minutes in that  time i saw  13 spawns  and finaly got a drop off the 13th one.

Sethos

I have killed 13 named so far and no drop, I hate this camp.
Elder Sethos
65 Beastlord of Prexus
Magelo: http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=877435

Lekani

Quote from: TheOriginalGronkerI definitely can't believe how much whining there is regarding this rare spawn.

I don't mind having to camp a spawn, but 22 hours and 11 named kills with no drop is a little to much.
Lekani Fastpaws
Familjen on Bristlebane

Ttony

5 or 6 Beastlords killing this spawn and PH nonstop for 5 days now and not one single drop. The back log will be going on  forever and I see this as a wedge driven in between the Beastlords having to do this camp. Something better change and soon.

I see they have been bring certain zones down for updates the last few days but ME has not been one of them. They did bring down Ferott for an update which I can only assume must be because of the Druid Epic which has the same problem there that we have in ME>

FIX this ASAP Please!
Ttony Ttiger
70 Vah Shir Beastlord
Raeign Foraeist
65 Froglok Cleric
Pyin Tupanger
57 Half Elf druid

Dummkopf

Ran up to camp today, the beast was up and dropped the essence. Total camping time for me was around 10 hours stretched over several days. One thing is that the zone is nearly always uncamped on bristle. Never had to wait for that camp.

Lekani

Quote from: DummkopfRan up to camp today, the beast was up and dropped the essence. Total camping time for me was around 10 hours stretched over several days. One thing is that the zone is nearly always uncamped on bristle. Never had to wait for that camp.

Had to wait or try another time on a few occasions.  Me, Luxroar and a couple of other beastlords been there on euro time quite a lot
Lekani Fastpaws
Familjen on Bristlebane

Logan

I had a little more success, 5 spawns in 9 hours and no drop, i gave up, i felt like i was working an overtime shift.  I'll be back when somthin changes.
67 Beastlord
The Rathe

rahjaten

working on 22 hrs with 9 spawns and not one single drop on the plus side got 3 wolf pelts *sarcasm off*  i hope they change this fast cause ME is bad enough if u had to do shard camps add this epic peice and shard camp just irritates someone beyond belief.

Jagarr

Woot finally after 14 hours combined over a few days I have finally got that essence. The Frantic Raveous Beast was up when I checked it last night. Which was great, that meant I didnt have to do the ph cycle. Now off to finish this thing. GL to you all who hasnt gotten it yet.
Guild Leader of Dragons Alliance
Lany Tv'yl Server
Jagarr Battlecat Jag's Gear
Ganan Sinanju Ganan's Gear
Kebra Spiritsage Kebra's Gear

Shrouded

First I'm going to say this:  Yes, this camp does suck.  Personally, I spent 2 days of 6 hours each, 2 days of 3 hours each, 3 days of 2 hours each, and, finally, I got my drop on a day where I spent 11 hours at the camp.  So, I spent roughly 35 hours on this camp, but am I pissed?  Not a bit.  I don't understand why people whine about our epic 1.5 because, simply, ours is an issue of finding time to camp or running through a zone to see if a mob is up and logging if it is not.  Want to complain?  Check out ANY OTHER CLASSES EPIC and then complain to them that we have it hard.  We have camps, they have battles that require them to raise mini-raid forces -- so who got the better deal?  We can solo / duo ours up to the last fight (thanks to SOE for making the second to last fight mobs able to be harmonied) which allows us to, pretty much, do our epic at our leisure.  If only other classes could be so lucky.

Now, to add in something constructive:

Quote from: FionnahHard?  That's not EVEN the issue.

Where you have to camp this mob most times, there are enough mobs that come by to make it dangerous to stand up.  This is a 4+ hour camp with frequent, if not nearly constant combat.

Making people sit there non-stop isn't difficult, it's INHUMAN.  There is no fucking reason why we have the sleep camp that spawns in less than 2 hours (never heard much longer) in Gunthak and this nightmare spawn (4 hours, no spawn here) in the middle of traffic central with mobs that can nuke for 1k.  They should have reversed the 2 spawns, the ME spawn should be 1-2 hours with 100% drop, the Gunthak should have been the nightmare so that if you have to go to the bathroom (hello... does SoE really want their gamers to be complete social rejects?!?!), you can easily move to a safe spot without having to potentially fight 14 mobs on the way (even with invis).

I swear, SoE just has a hard on for fucking people over with ME... first the nightmare of the VT shard, now this fucked up camp?  They haven't made a decent expansion since Vellious.  Faction has become nothing more than a joke, not worth even thinking about any more, whereas it used to be a choice of how you would play the game.

You do not get adds at this camp if you sit close to the pot (ie a little behind where the frantic spawns).  Sure it sucks that you can only afk for like 10 minutes at a time, but it lets you do other things.  This camp is not nearly as bad as everyone thinks when you really think about it.
Level 70 Iksar Beastlord
Epic 1.5 Pre-Whiner

Gerini

ME camp does stink.

1. Rare spawn
2. Uber rare Drop
3. Twinks and alts camping it also

I swore after Doing ME drop for 1.0 I would never enter that zone again. :( lol

Lekani

Quote from: Shrouded
You do not get adds at this camp if you sit close to the pot (ie a little behind where the frantic spawns).  Sure it sucks that you can only afk for like 10 minutes at a time, but it lets you do other things.  This camp is not nearly as bad as everyone thinks when you really think about it.

I would agree with you, if you can solo the Frantic, otherwise I disagree, you need to drag a healer or other help and that makes it a pain.

As for the mini-raids, our guild is supporting the new epics all the way, getting a raid force together is the least of our worries, so I am lucky in that respect, some I am sure are not.  

In general, as far as my guild are concerned we have 2 shaman and 2 warriors with completed 1.5s, at least 1 shaman ready for last fight, several rangers and more warriors fairly close.  None of the beastlords are past ME yet.
Lekani Fastpaws
Familjen on Bristlebane