Main Menu

A Little Warning

Started by Moffett, October 07, 2004, 12:57:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moffett

Just a heads up to get your epic done asap if you would have trouble mustering a large force for the last fight.

From EQLive

QuoteAssuming you referenced that number from my post in the rogue class board, I said 3-4 groups, 18-24 people - which is different than 18 people max.  Also, while this applies to Renux, it does not apply to the final fights of each epic.  There should be one encounter of each epic that comfortably fits 30-36 pre-elemental players.  We are aware of a few of the final battles being easier than intended and will look into those as time permits.

Fionnah

Note:

QuoteThere should be one encounter of each epic that comfortably fits 30-36 pre-elemental players.

Most of the people here saying that they're doing it with 15-18 are Time/GoD geared guilds.  I'm seeing 18-24 Elemental geared individuals being able to comfortably do this, but non-EP geared?  Yeah, that's gonna be rough, they'll need a chain to keep the tank (who has 7khp) alive.
Fionnah Shrekswife
66th Level Beastlady and her Valiant Steed, Donkey.
Final Destiny
Ayonae Ro

Moffett

I got mine with 15-16 pre elemental guildies.

I doubt that they are balancing it for 65's either. Seems more sensible to balance it for late 60's or 70, hence the really hard end fights for other classes. Certainly it was not meant to be single grouped which it can be now.

Catgal

I think this is good to buff up the mobs. And increase the drop rates of epic parts. IMO, obtaining epic should be like taking challenges. Camping stuffs for days is not challenge, fighting a tuff mob is.

Graace

Beastlord epic's been made more difficult, warders now summon and mitigate slow, which they didn't used to, seem to have more hp too.
Graace AndWill 70 Beast Lord
Recruitment Team of Iratus Lepus

Giledorm

So much for kiting the warders.   :roll:
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=395485&resize=true target=_blank>http://www.thirds.org/moose/newsig.jpg border=0>

Gimrol

Quote from: GiledormSo much for kiting the warders.   :roll:

Couldn't you still have a druid or ranger kite them... they have non-damaging snare.  No damage means no summoning.

Or is there something else that makes kiting impossible?

Giledorm

Possibly a ranger, but I was under the assumption that using a pally would be more efficient, as the mobs hit hard and fast and there's not much room to kite.  Plus, the Druids mana would probably be better used with either heals or RGCs.

Could be wrong though...  It happens frequently.   :D
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=395485&resize=true target=_blank>http://www.thirds.org/moose/newsig.jpg border=0>

garios

*should read first before asking questions*
PredatorCaterclaw Spirittalker - 67 Beastlord - Firiona Vie
Ancient Caterbite Spirittalker - 67 Shaman -Firiona Vie

Tzuka

Meeshna

I think it's funny that they change the fight AFTER peeps from the HIGHER end game do this fight.  Did they even wait for a smaller guild to try it before they changed the mob. Isn't that what epic 2.0 is for, the "raiding guilds" who can muster 40-70 peeps together?!?!?

I'm not asking for a freebee here, not at all, but keep it doable to the average player as far as 1.5 goes.  I do agree tho that other fights, like in gunthak and ME should be a bit harder tho, was disappointed to find them as easy as they were.  And I'm not just talking about the BST epic here either.  I've notice a few other 1.5 epic fights are just too hard compared to others (druid and enchanter so far.)

Maybe if I could find a high lvl bard to help with the final fight. I realize not much room to kite but now that the warders summon, well, guess kite and peel my only option since our small guild has one MA one SA one main cleric, a few druids, 3 active necro's, one active BST, a few active chanters, two active monks, one semi-active shaman and lots of friends outside of guild who may be able to help if I can get them all together at the same time.

And no, I don't want to raid every day, 4 times a week and HOPE to get gear. I like my free time.  Just because I don't play all the time doesn't mean I spend less each month on EQ than the raiders do. In fact, both my husband and I two box so, in general, we spend more than most on EQ each month. But that was just my rant for the day.  :roll:

If you live on Bertox, give me a shout if you need help and me and my druid just may be able to assist.  Keep in mind tho that you will be added to the list of peeps I call upon when it's my turn.   :)
Questing Vah Shir

Tzuka

Umm, is that an actual confirmation that it DID get harder? Or are you just franticly ranting?

Uureil Magehate

A couple things should be pointed out..

1) With regards to smaller/lower-tier guilds and 1.5.. a good tank makes these doable without the need for massive force or extravagent healing power. A Defensive tank with 10k HP (easily achieved pre-VT) can handle most of the heavy (as in, 1900 quad) mobs with no trouble. Conclusion: a force of 24 pre-elemental can handle these encounters, assuming they're not slackers.

2) Epic 1.0 (not, of course, including BST, due to being a late addition) was not doable by the average player during Kunark. Nowadays they're a joke. Why? Same reason 1.5 will be a joke a couple years down the road. From my point of view, expecting to be able to complete them with single groups in Ornate is unreasonable.

Tukash

Uureil ,

Take a look at the other post where someone said they tried it today with 18 time geared people and wiped 2x.  The warders hit for 1k now, can't be mezzed..  The animist AE rampages and hit for 800+ on a def disciplined warrior.  Sorry, but I'm in a family guild that will have a tough time gathering the force to deal with the fight as it has been changed to.  We don't have 6 tanks that can deal with the animist and it's warders.  I could have tanked a warder with the fight the way it was, but now it'd be ugly, exspecially with the mana drain proc going on.  The 1.5 was SUPPOSED to be geared more towards the casual player.  But since SOE saw that it was being done single grps of elly equiped players they upped it and made it nearly impossible for the casual player to achieve.

Conclusion: if 18 time equiped players couldn't handle it.. No way 24 pre elly are going to be able to.
Tukash - Feral Lord, Tarew Marr

Meeshna

Yes, they went ahead and took down Ruined City of Dranik this morning (Sat. Oct. 16th) and went ahead and made this fight almost impossible for the casual player and small to medium sized guilds.  Even in  a year I probably won't be able to do this fight unless they change it back to the way it was.  It's just disheartening that the UBAH guilds got to do this first as it was, so to speak, "easier" and now the rest of us who play casually won't be able to accomplish this now, if ever (unless they up lvl's to 80 soon  :( )  

I think it's terrible that most peeps will be forced to look at the high end raiding guilds just to be able to complete the 1.5 epic quests.  As a member of a small guild I NEVER expected to be able to get the 2.0 but thought the 1.5 would be possible.  Now all the time and effort I put in to get to my final epic fight was nothing but a huge and ridiculous waste of time!!!
Questing Vah Shir