Main Menu

A Little Warning

Started by Moffett, October 07, 2004, 12:57:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tigarri

The worst part is that they claimed that the 1.5 was for the casual player. It seemed almost like our 1.5 was the best one to fitting that mold. Now, I (like many of you, I'm sure) will likely not see it for some time.

I've been at the final fight for a while now. I even mustered up 18 people from my guild to attempt it one night (but she despawned...my own fault for not timing.) 18 people in my guild on at the same time and willing to do the same thing is a once-a-month thing AT BEST.

I am a level 67, ornate-like equipped beastlord. I'm not a raider, but MY GOD...what is "casual" to Sony??

Evandar

Casually raiding Tacvi? ;)
Evandar - Antonius Bayle - Retired - EQ
Dalle - Tauren Warrior - EU Stormrage - WoW

Essant

QuoteI think it's funny that they change the fight AFTER peeps from the HIGHER end game do this fight. Did they even wait for a smaller guild to try it before they changed the mob. Isn't that what epic 2.0 is for, the "raiding guilds" who can muster 40-70 peeps together?!?!?

That's a very valid point.  I'm guessing less than 10 1.5's have been completed on my server so far (mine included) and you are right, every single on of them is from one of the higher end guilds on the server.

Comparatively speaking, however.  1.5 was WAY easier than 1.0.  Now my friend made the point that he soloed 1.0 .. but he was also level 65 at the time with a fair amount of aa's.  But my point was comparative difficulty when done at a level appropriate for the encounter.  IE, I started 1.0 when I hit 50.  I think I completed it when I hit 56-57.  It was WAY harder for me at that time, at those levels, than 1.5 was for me now.

So, OK .. I agree that there was some room for adjustment and retuning.  After all you dont want 1.5 to turn into a 'gift' from SOE for just happening to purchase Omens, right?

But the final fight in 1.0 was suprisingly one of the easier fights in the entire epic event.  Now I havent done the encounter with anyone since they retuned it, and I was one of the fortunate ones who managed to get his 1.5 done well before the retuning, but 2 of the higher end guilds on my server WIPED when trying the retuned encounter their first time.

That seems a bit excessive to me.  Sure, they probably could go back and readjust their strat and win, but that still suggests that the encounter would be too difficult for a mid-sized more casual guild.  Because an encounter that wasnt, guys like this should have been able to adjust and compensate on the fly for a encounter that was appropriate for that level.

This bothers me, as I am concerned about all my brethren, uber or not.  I always try and help other beastlords in my community on my server, and I genuinely am saddened that this change may hurt severely their ability to complete their epic.

Uber guilds dont always have time to do these things.  The only reason WE are doing them is because we are kind of shy on numbers lately and dont always have enough people to do 'real' raids.  I guarantee that if we were fielding 45-55 people on a regular basis again, we wouldnt be doing these fights.  So clearly stepping up and joining a more serious guild to get it done isnt the answer, and is unreasonable.  We simply look at the epic fights right now as something we can do that would be an improvement to our raid force.  But we would rather muster a force that can take something down that might benefit all or more than one.  And even I when I needed my epic done, agree with this.
Elder Essant Le'Fur
70 Vah Shir Beastlord of the Rathe
Brotherhood of the Spider
My Stuff!