Main Menu

Ailing Walrus (HELP)

Started by Mrcoolies, December 28, 2004, 03:32:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrcoolies

Hi
I have been camping the Ailing Walrus for over a week now. I have been clearing all the walrus and the bulthak thingys around the cave system that is at the WW end. 
  I heard someone mention in guild chat that they moved the Ailing Walrus because he was attacking druids when ever they were succoring across the zone but when I questioned them on this there was no real evidence. I just wanted to confirm that I am in the right place because this camping is making me sick and its a nightmare to get to.
Many thanks in advance.

Tigjer_TR

When I killed him he spawned on the ledge below the bridge you see after you one in from Cobold Scar.
You can sit at CS zone and kill the mobs by that zone in then pull the mobs from the cave without entering the water Sea horses and sword fish wont agro on you.

Stingite

Quotejust wanted to confirm that I am in the right place because this camping is making me sick and its a nightmare to get to

I haven't heard anything about a change to the spawn locations. hmmm.  Interesting.  Wonder if it's true.

Now that you can get to CS through plane of mischief, the run there isn't as tough as it once was.

GD-->PoM-->CS-->SG is a lot better than GD-->EW--Kael-->WL-->SS-->CS-->SG

Mrcoolies

Hi
I didnt know about getting to PoM from GD? where is the zi there?

Stingite

The zone in for mischief is all the way opposite of the thurg zone-in in Great Divide.  It's a little tiny castle that you click on at the end of the river.  Invis up and run out into the trees and start clicking.  Zone-out is a tree at approximately -1250, -350 (north of zone-in).  Zone out from PoM puts you at 0,0 in cobalt scar underwater.  I hear rumor that there's a dragon out there in CS, but I've never come in contact with it.  I have been attacked by sirens at 0,0 though.  Fluffy usually takes care of that pretty quickly.

Of course the other option is finding a druid to port you to CS.

now getting back to PoK is an entirely different story since there's no PoM zone line in CS.   

Kludgemon

I found the Ailing Walrus right next to the WW zone line on Jan 9th. Same ole story ... camped it for several days then logged on to find him staring at me. 66 Beast (Me), 65 Ranger, 62 Ranger and 65 Cleric ate his lunch. Slow stuck on the first shot as did snare. He hits kinda hard compared to the other db's in the zone. I soloed the Drogmor, but this place was to confined to do a lot of running around.

Kludgemon 66 Level Beast
Tribunal Server

Mrcoolies

Hi
I did manage to find him on my way to get Sol Ro key in WW. He was by the pool which had all the tusk guys around it. Me (65 bst) and 58lvl cleric cleared to him easy and soloed him np what so ever.

Stingite

GRATZ!  :-D

p.s. What [sol ro key]?  you mean sleeper's key?

Koullyn

Kelorek' Dar is in CS. Usually he is pounded as soon as he spawns though, I used to gank him with my Cleric bot weekly. Drops Bio Orbs and some other nice little things.
-- Retired Level 70 Beastlord --
http://www.wowgamers.com
http://www.wwm.net

Mrcoolies

Hi
No there is a mob in WW called banished efreeti, he drops a heart which u hand for sol ro access. He is on a 1 hour respawn so go farm him :)

Soriab

No theres a "an banished efreti" in Western Wastes, 1 Hour Spawn Far west side of the map. Kill him (Soloable to a 70 BL Elemental Geared)

Loot Heart

Go to PoTranq

Go to PLane of Fire ZI talk to the Red Drake that has his back to the Island "Not the one that you talk to after you kill Sol Ro for Access to Fire.

Hand in Heart.

Go Buy Gate potions.

Zone into Sol Ro (Warning theres NO ZONE OUT Hence the "Gate Potions") Enjoy Have fun and dont get aggro or you will die faster than a ranger.

Dakat

Its been almost 2 months now, has anyone got any new info on this mob? IE. does he spawn at CS zone area or WW zone area?

Anyone know the particulars of how often it spawns once killed? Does it despawn after a certain period?

It's been a very elusive creature, I've never been able to catch it up. Maybe it gets killed soon as it pops, but my luck, it hasn't been up
when I do wander over there.

Jkal_Shihar

I'm in the same boat as you are Dakat. Started camping this mob with a few friends for i think 3 or 4 hours with no sign of him. This was at the CS zone line since they said the manatee's and walrus's were PH's for him.
I might try WW zone line this weekend though just to keep from being bored  :|
Animist Jkal Shi`har and tigger
Arch Animist of the Tribunal Server
My Magelo
*still my main since dec. 2001*

Moonchaser

WW Zone line, kill the walrusus and Bulthorks, ailing walrus spawns not far from zone line...I have seen as short as 30 minutes to spawn, to as long as 3 hrs

Gariyn

Same I got him on the WW side of the zone. Cleared as many mobs as i could before the first repop and got him in 1 hour.

Predator Gariyn - 75 - Beastlord - Quellious