Main Menu

NDA not lifted YET ?.....

Started by Llorath, February 06, 2004, 06:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Llorath

I (like diosT) am a firm believer in people upholding NDA agreements, as i have worked in various fields where you had to sign them, and realize just how serious they can be made if the entity who has you sign it wants to persue violators.

With that being said, GoD is supposedly going live on Feb 10th.  this is Feb 6th, and, although i am not in beta, i would have expected the NDA to be lifted by now.

I understand all the reasons for NDA agreements ( not letting competitors see your hand early, not having people bitch over incomplete work, etc etc ), BUT... we are less than a week from release, and they should be done with most tuning at this point ( and thus, the NDA should be lifted ).

I already Preordered this expansion ( as if you play with a decent sized guild you pretty much HAVE to order expansions, or hear all your guildies talk about it in glowing terms for a couple weeks, even if later on you all decide it basically  sucks (LoY) ), but have serious reservations if sony doesnt see fit to even lift the NDA before the product comes out.

Any word on the end of the NDA, so people in beta can talk about it ? I am dying for information, but am not asking anyone to break any nda agreements etc.

--Elder Llorath

Pojodan

Well.. it's still entirely possible that GoD won't be released on the 10th.. they're still making a host of changes on test server, so maybe they arn't ready just yet.

Emmdee

It will be released on the 10th, patched on the 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th and so on....

The history of Verant/SOE tells us that working or not, it will be released.

Llorath

Emmdee...

I agree with you, BUT, the last launch sony had ( Ldon ) was virtually flawless, with little to no downtime that i remember at all.

Here is to hoping we have a launch like that, and not like PoP.

Zorthar

Yes but LDoN wasnt as big as GoD looks to be.

Shere Khaan

Us Aussies tend to notice the patches far more. They happen right in our prime time.

LDoN still had it's fair share of patching, maybe less night time patching for toher time zones, but on this side of the world we can right off a week after an expansion usually.

Shere Khaan

Dummkopf

Patch time starts at noon for us here in europe normally and can reach our prime time if its a very long patch. So we usually notice those patches a lot. LDoN was pretty flawless, no major patch til about a month later, just one or two zone resets without bringing the server down.  GoD i believe will be far messier since they still change around stuff on Beta one day before its supposed to go live.

Lizsolo

Lizsolo - Barbie Beastlord and her dog Poochie
Rodcet Nife