Main Menu

Questions for Beta Bst

Started by Kaynin, February 10, 2004, 01:22:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaynin

Seeing as how NDA has been lifted though I'd post the questions that have been bugging me the most;

1 - Will the new GoD AA's require a certain number of spent/banked AA's in order to be purchased as was rumored (150 or so)

2 - Is BA really as useless as it seems?  Is the recast totally absurd and does the illusion component make this ability effectively unusable on raids?

3 - Which pet AA will have the biggest DPS impact, flurry or crits?

4 - How does Sinister Strike get applied?  More chance of successfull DW check or partial or full weapon damage bonus to offhand?

Many thanks in advance!

Kaynin

Mahes

Based on my experience:

1. No.  Other than Run 4 and 5 requiring Run 1-3 and similar AAs, only requirement seems to be 65.

2. At present, yes, BA is worthless.  It doesn't stack with the disc in its current form, despite much petitioning.  Reuse is 1:12 making it even more worthless.  If it stacked and lowered reuse, it would be a nice toy comparable to Frenzy of Spirits or our Bestial Frenzy disc.  At present, on Beta, worthless.

3. From what I've seen firsthand and read on other boards, I'd say crits has slightly more potential.  I believe early parsing was reflecting this.  It will also be cheaper than flurry.  Full flurry is 45 AA total.  This is just my opinion though.

4.  No idea.  Didn't get a chance to buy it, but it will be my first AA when GoD goes live.

Hope that helps.

Rhaynne

1. See Mahes.

2. See Mahes... and yeah, it's crap atm.

3.  I prefer Flurry, really.  I had max AA on beta, and max flurry is kinda scary.  My pet was flurrying 5-6 a fight.

4.  From what I understand it is a scaling bonus based on offhand weapon delay.

Kilantiz Kylong

Quote from: Rhaynne3. I prefer Flurry, really. I had max AA on beta, and max flurry is kinda scary. My pet was flurrying 5-6 a fight.

I agree, this was nice to have & see the Warder fly off the hook during its attack.

I am truely glad Icy Grasp was wiped from the new line.

Several of us "beasts" tried to feedback and share our views the best we could.

One of my concerns was our Warders accuracy - but .... I suppose some of the other pet classes would burst into tiny elemental particals - if what I was pushing for came true.

Beastial Alignment - the reuse timer needs to be lowered more (period)

After the live release - we all will be able to discuss a more broad view of each new AA from GoD.
Elder Kilantiz Kylong
Fires of Heaven

Skog

Quote from: Kilantiz Kylong

One of my concerns was our Warders accuracy - but .... I suppose some of the other pet classes would burst into tiny elemental particals - if what I was pushing for came true.

Ok, I'll bite. What's up with Warder accuracy that doesn't apply to other pets and what has your idea?

Choppin

Quote from: Rhaynne
3.  I prefer Flurry, really.  I had max AA on beta, and max flurry is kinda scary.  My pet was flurrying 5-6 a fight.
quote]

I dont find this scary or impressive at all, I mean flurry attacks can be missed and dependant on how long a "fight" is for you it might equal 400ish dmg more in 1 fight, not really a burner.

1 min fight ? 5 x (your pets average hit here also include average missratio)

Lets see if max flurry is more than  a  4 dps upgrade.

I somehow dont expect much more from crits but we shall see ).
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Dummkopf

At the moment flurry affects procced pets as well. That ppl who have either quarm hammer or savage platinum fist will see the procced pets flurry too, together with the weapon affinity aa which allows for a lot more procs you will see an army of proc pets flurrying like mad on your target. I got 2 ranks of the pet crit aa, but crits were so rare i couldnt see if it was affecting proc pets as well, if it does savage platinum fist will be a nice weapon once again.