Main Menu

Time Phase 1 and Pets

Started by Aneya, July 07, 2004, 02:11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aneya

My guild started Time raids about a month ago. One problem we have is that we can't zone all 18 people into a phase 1 trial at once. I would like to know if anyone know what stops people from zoning in. The officers seem to think Pets will cause a problem. Can anyone confirm or deny this because with the new patch our pets will zone with us and that will cause a fuss among the officers unless I can prove there is no problem doing such.
EQ Aneya 70 Beastlord Tarew Marr
EQ2 Evalin Swashbuckler Mistmoore

Rhaynne

Pets can block people from being able to join a trial.  You can bring pets up after all 3 groups are in, but if you have 17 people and 1 pet up, that 18th may not be able to zone in.

What you can do is zone with your pet and then immediately suspend until you are sure everyone is in.

Also, mounts can block people from being able to zone as well as wizard familiars.

Ttony

Has anyone actually ever confirmed this? We see this problem all the time and does not matter if pets or mounts are up or not. Sooner or later everyone can click into the trial but seems to be no rhyme or reason for it. Just a zone bug!
Ttony Ttiger
70 Vah Shir Beastlord
Raeign Foraeist
65 Froglok Cleric
Pyin Tupanger
57 Half Elf druid

Gudaman

I think it's more the coder's didn't really think 54-72 people would zone into timeb at the same time and just didn't make the resorce's todo so.

I hate it haveing to need pet spells , heal , incapitate with slim chance of haveing nuke / dot up while zoneing to p1. Then you might get somebody who went ld and then you have to wait longer to cast your pet Gurr.

Dummkopf

Ive raiding time only since september last year and we heard the same rumour in the beginning. But after 2 weeks we just tried and pets or mounts have no effect on trials whatsoever. All casters zone in on mounts, wizzies have the flappy buff (and have to click it off once inside) and pet classes summon pets as soon as theyre in. It does not block other players from clicking in. Pet zoning could affect this, pet summoning at the moment does not, nor do mounts affect it.

It can sometimes happen that you cant click in at the same time everyone else can, but latest 5 seconds later you can (just keep clicking). I think its more of a resource problem or some minor bug, but its not related to pets.

Toln

I don't think that's true, at least not entirely.

We always manage to eventually get the full 18 in regardless of how many pets are up. We've noticed the same thing about it taking a while though.
If the person keeps clicking on the portal they eventually get in if the trial is not full.

Argach

First thing I always did was to summon a mount, then summon a pet, buff the pet up, switch to a bit more offensive spell set and join the fray (unless I was tank mezzing in earth in which case I didn't summon a pet). That did not stop other people from zoning in.

Caali

Apparently, we've had this problem in the past. My guildies have tested a bunch of things and the problem isn't pets, it's mounts. Try having your guildmates NOT summon mounts before everyone is in. It works like a charm.
Caali and Claws
65 Beastlady of Saryrn
Magelo

Leatherneck

I always assumed it would only allow so many through at a time to avoid bind-rushing the gods for the kill, ie 10-15 people every coupld of minutes or something along those lines.

zzmaller

phase one has the same bog that hedge has no mounts no pets no familers until all 54 get in

it has been confermed

Bananea

I'm sorry but pets have never been a problem, you should reconfirm your information.

cougerofeq

Would be nice if Sony would make a statement on the matter as it really hurts pet classes not having a definitive answer.

Skratchen

The only time there are problems with phase one in Time is when too many people try to click in beyond the limit of what phase 1 allows.  I'm not sure what the exact number is, but pets are not the problem.  People get kicked to the Grave Yard when phase 1 is full and more people try to click into phase one.  That has been my experience with phase 1 in the last several months.

Hey Skratchen!! How many times did slow get resisted on that last mob? Oh, three or four times...

Grymlok

From our experience it seems that mounts can be an issue.  But also, we've never had everyone able to zone in at once anyways.  Max for us has always been 16 in, 2 stuck.

The Berserker: Foecussed