Main Menu

MM LDoN Raid and Info needed

Started by Catgal, July 19, 2004, 02:03:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catgal

<<<Please help moving to the right thread if this is not fit here>>>

My guild tried a normal LDoN MM raid with 34 ppl yesterday. (We only did 2 LDoN raids before, first one was... I donno, I just joined the guild yesterday hehe) We only had few deaths at the very beginning and after that, we cleared out around 1/2 or 3/5 or the zone and we reached to a named mob. Sfisithik the Light Devourer. We set up our CCH and charged. The problem came. No matter how many damage we did to it, it will regene to full EVERY 3 ticks or so, dots got dispelled, and there was a message saying its room healing it. We decided to get out of its room and it did NOT come along, NOT even summon us. How odd eh? We didn't have time to try out other strategies coz timer was up.

We had mage's eye scouted the zone. And the info about mobs is as follow:

- There are 3 Elite Guardians (named mob, killed them, nothing dropped), they are around the zone-in.

- 3 sets of 3 Summoners, 1 set guarding each named. We killed one set of them before we get to Sfisithik.

- 3 named, each with 3 Summoners guarding them, we only approached one before the timer is up.

Sorry for bad orginization, but now is the question part:

1. Anyone did this before? Any ideas how to kill the named? Do we need to kill the named in an order? Coz from the map I have, the named spawns in room "Boss 2", do we need to kill "Boss 1" before we approaching "Boss 2"? Or we need to kill all 3 bosses AT the same time? FYI, the named is not hard at all, level 70 but should do it with 1 group to 8 ppl with druid healing, if it doesn't regene at this rate.

2. I imagine that the mobs I listed about are linked... 3 guards, 3 set of 3 summoners, 3 named. How do they linked?

Anyone tried this? BTW, the whole raid was fun. Guildies say normal raid = elemental level, and hard raid = harder than Time. It is a fun thing you guys should try it didn't hehe. Sad thing 34 ppl spending 3 hours for a +7 dex augment, LOL.
[/url]

seravok

oh from my understanding is you need to kill all mini name mobs before you engage to boss mob , otherwise the Boss mob will have insane regen.
Elder http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=744645">Seravok Moonwalker. - Savage Lord 70 Beastlord - Eci Server.

Choppin

think ya got to fight all (3?) named at once, they wont regen then I think, make sure you have most / all trash cleared before (there are some extra hard trash/semi named too), so you can run around freely and set up grps for each named, pray that you dont get only mana and ac augs

probably better to get keys for new vp and raid that for comparable loot in less time / shrug
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Oneiromancer

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=1&mid=1086643915193184730

Post I started on the Allakhazam boards and which was answered quite nicely about LDoN raids.  Here's some info on the "easy" Mistmoore raid:

QuoteButcherblock- This is another split up the raid one. First, you clear through tons of trash (ignore the red con scions, they do nothing, and are not required to win the raid), kill all the summoners, and are eventually left with 3 named bosses alone in their rooms. They are leashed, it's easy to pull around them. Basically, they have a few different detects- one is if the others aren't engaged, and then they'll start to full heal around 70%. The other is if the fight just goes on too long, and then they'll heal. The shadow boss reflects and summons adds. THe werewolf boss flurries (but is slowable), the mummy boss sometimes (rarely, don't know why he does or doesn't) casts Valdoon's ae which is brutal for a lower guild (curse counters). I'd probably not split up evenly, but do something like 3 groups with shadow, 2 groups with werewolf, 1 with mummy. But really whatever works for you. Technically, this raid has a death limit, but I've never hit it.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Catgal