Main Menu

Jagged Onyx Staff and value to BLs :)

Started by Zurash Kittenclaws, July 29, 2004, 04:47:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zurash Kittenclaws

Now that our guild monks are pretty much equipped with these, I stand a good chance of picking one up on our next Glori Ikky raid. Checking the dps calc with our 1hb skill as it stands, it seems to rank lower than my plain old Savage Plat Fists.

I was wondering, is it worth a decent chunk of RPP to grab one of these, or should I continue to wait on an ED and Shinai, which is my current goal for weapons?

It has a nice ration after all, and maybe if (if :) ) our 1hb skill gets raised it would be a little better dps wise, but with the resistable proc and current skill level I am in two minds as to if it would be worth it or not. I may grab one anyway, as it would be a decent OH upgrade to my current Battlefists. :)

Opinions? :)
Elder Zurash Kittenclaws - 70 Beastlord - Lanys T'Vyl Server

Sempai

I took one to use for a while to reduce my aggro from the ED / Shinai combo. I can verify that the dps is lower and I would not do it again if I had the choice again.

I now use the handwraps of captured magic and shinai mostly on raids, and I now longer have the ED aggro issue. DPS is almost as good, but still a bit lower.
Sempai
Malus Imperium
Tholuxe Paells

Rainor Wolfheart

It's resisted quite a bit (The proc) and the aggro from it mainhanded or offhanded is pretty high.  Might be better to stick with what you have unless you like the look of it, wants the stats (200+ hp), or they increase the weapon caps on 1 HB.
Rainor Wolfheart
65 Beastlord of The Tribunal
<Sol Invictus>

Hzark

Wildcaller Hzark Drakyr

www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=688699