Main Menu

Paragon Extension Items

Started by Terisha, July 29, 2004, 09:54:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terisha

are there any known items that have extended duration on them that affect paragon? did a search and didn't see anything pertaining to this.

Terisha Tetsusaiga - 65 Beastlord of Morden Rasp
Beastmistress of <Night Eternal>

kitanababe

I *belive* any items are NOT going to effect paragon at all becuase its an aa, not an acutal spell that you cast. I think the only thing that is going to effect the duration of paragon is Spell Casting Reinforcement aa. (I could be wrong tho  :D )

Xarilok

Whether it is an AA or a spell, focus effects will affect it all the same.

The reason that all focus effects found so far don't affect paragon is because they have a mininum duration of 48 seconds or more, which paragon is less than, being a base duration of 36 seconds.

According to Lucy, the LDoN aug with Extended Blessing 4 affects all spells with a duration of 24 seconds or more.

PoS + AA = 48 seconds

PoS + AA + EB4 = 54 seconds, if it gets rounded up.

Anyone out there with Extended Blessing 4 able to verify that they get a message when using Paragon?

Or, can anyone with 1450 Tak points grab one, and eat the loss of points from trading it in if it doesnt?

200 hp and 80 mana more per 15 mins is 1.333 regen and FT .53333 which would make it crappy as far as point/reward...however, if you are in a group of 6 at all times when you use paragon, and everone gets the benefit, its more like regen 8 and FT 3.2, which is pretty good.
Venerable Xarilok Loungelizard - 62 Beastlord and Cat-Hater extrordinaire.

Gatito

I've seen it posted many times here before that AA's are not affected by focus effects.  They are only affected by other AA's so getting an EE4 item will not extend Paragon.  Only Spell Casting Reinforcement will.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=220421>Gatito Vicioso
67 Beastlord of Prexus
Alliance of the Griffin

Urim

Actually pretty sure first poster is correct. Focus effects no longer affect AA abilities. I believe it happened around the time they made AA abilities have no class associated with them.

QuoteThe reason that all focus effects found so far don't affect paragon is because they have a mininum duration of 48 seconds or more, which paragon is less than, being a base duration of 36 seconds.
There actually have been a few found that have min duration of 36 seconds or less and they still do not affect Paragon. Earring from PoWater comes to mind. And if this was the case then Frenzy of Spirits would be affected by focus effects since its base is if i remember right 48 seconds and i know for a fact i have never seen the message for.

The only things that will affect AAs are other AAs so Spell Casting Reinforcement is your best bet in extending Paragon.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Mindlet

Paragon is not affected. There used to be AAs that were affected by focus items because they were coded as being spells the class could cast. They were all changed to being not castable now so they will not be affected by anything except AA.

Shere Khaan

Since the classification of a level 1 bst spell got removed from paragon, focus items no longer work on the skill. Here is the detail

Shere Khaan

Xarilok

Well, must have missed that.  Last I knew, Paragon was a level 1 beastlord spell...

Would be nice if we got the Spell Casting Reinforcement Mastery AA skill, even if it was in GoD it would still be nice.

I know with Torpor/Qui, getting mastery gets 2 extra ticks, so I would assume the same for Paragon.

Plus, getting 50% extension from farming AA would help a lot of beastlords out, and let 1 beastlord MGB SD for a raid with only EE4, as it is, a beast needs a 20% extension item just to get close to the MGB reuse timer, and a 30% extension item to match the reuse timer.
Venerable Xarilok Loungelizard - 62 Beastlord and Cat-Hater extrordinaire.

Nonposter

I can verify that the extended blessing IV aug from Tak for 1450 pts does NOT work with Paragon. I have both, and I do not get a message on Paragon (like I do with other spells). Did not get it for that, got it to extend all my other buffs. With SCR3 and EBIV Fero lasts 9 min and SD lasts 62+ min
- nonposter

Pheral

A while back, they changed the level on AA skill to cast as level 254 spell.  Since extended buff items have a max level of 65 they don't work on any AA skills that I know of.
-- Pheral

Chakkorisi

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but can someone explain to me the difference between EB4 and EE4, aside from one being 10% increase and the other is 15%?

According to Lucy, and I am by no means an expert on deciphering that thing, but it looks like EE4 is only Hit Point buffs?

A lost leezard,   :roll:
Chakk

Tastian

EE IV -

1:     Increase Spell Duration by 15%
2:    Limit: Max Level(65)
3:    Limit: Spell Type(Beneficial only)
4:    Limit: Effect(Complete Heal (with duration) excluded)
5:    Limit: Effect(Invunerability excluded)
6:    Limit: Min Duration(48.00 sec)
7:    Limit: Effect(Reaction Radius excluded)

EB IV -

1:     Increase Spell Duration by 10%
2:    Limit: Max Level(65)
3:    Limit: Min Duration(24.00 sec)
4:    Limit: Effect(Complete Heal (with duration) excluded)
5:    Limit: Effect(Invunerability excluded)
6:    Limit: Spell Type(Beneficial only)
7:    Limit: Effect(Reaction Radius excluded)

- Duration bonus is different 10% verse 15%
- Both work on up to 65th level spells
- Both work on benefical spells only
- HoT CH and DA type spells are not allowed on either
- Neither work on lulls
- EB works on spells that have a base duration of 24+ seconds, where EE works on spells that have a base duration of 48+ seconds.  

The major differance most will notice is that EE makes buffs last longer than EB.  There are some spells that EB effects that EE doesn't because of the lower base duration needed to trigger the effect.  *shrugs* that's about it I think.

Liga

When they made Paragon a high level spell instead of level 1, they should have also made the casting time reduced.  6 seconds for the cast time is too much for it when cler/druid dont have any cast time at all.

Tastian

I know atleast a few beastlords that have told me how happy they are paragon does have a casting time.  Maybe 6 seconds is a bit too long, but I don't know how many times I've seen a druid accidentally hit SotW and waste it when they didn't want to.

Oneiromancer

I agree with that, actually...just last night I cancelled paragon because I the necro I was grouped with did the group mana tap and took up my last buff slot and I barely noticed in time.  Sure, it could be shortened a little, but I like being able to cancel it.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired