Main Menu

Top 10 list(10-10-05)...

Started by Tastian, October 09, 2005, 07:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoov

My point about dps is this..

a paly/sk with sim aa and gear example epic 1.5...

will out damage us EASILY.. if we are a supporting dps role why would this happen?

I have seen warriors out damage me and that is sad...

we are a dps class and we are the futherest behind all in dps..

zerkers/rouges lead the pack easily

monks/palys/sk/ranger/bards next

warriors next

beastlords are lass in dps roles.. seams we should at least be at rangers sk/paly ect area..

this is just average from what we have on raids and our over all dps in my guild (per class).. average beastys on raid 5-7.. average warriors same.. average palys/sk like 3 each.. average monks like 3... rangers we have like 4.. bards 2.. zerkers 1.... and rouges easily 6....

this is just an average of nightly raids.. i know some spots will change but i did a month of raiding and beastys never moved from last place..

beastys are a supporting class and we are in need of a big change.. we need dps to help us out.. spirts of dps dont help.. we need to have an average dps output of 250ish jump .. pets will need atleast 2x more dps.. with more of a dodge mod added..

raiding at upper tier sucks for beastys .. guilds only require 1 beastys... and when you have 6-10 on every nite fighting for the spots it becomes tiresome.. and i have seen a lot leave eq to wow and to more extent quit all together..

if our best buff acted like shamy buffs (added proc rate for example) this would help us get spots and feel wanted in raids..

sony is more worried about the shrinkage in the people in eq so they release the next expantion.. and next to fatten the pockets... all awile not worried about fixing what is wrong.. if they worried about what was wrong more than fixing crappy little piddley stuff this game prob would be fun again..

more people leave the game bc it is starting to become more and more unballanced.. i mean when a mage can out dps  most of a goup with one pet this is over powering...

now mages/necros/zerkers/wizys get in groups fast bc of the dps (on average)

only way we can get in a group is if there is no others slower avaliable (enchanter or shamy and some times bard/necro) or if we know the area better or we have friends that just love us..

lets face it we cannot really dps our selves into a group.. our dots are a joke with a really big taunt.. and takes up too much manna to boot.. mostly resisted so sucks.. our nukes are a joke.. even the healing classes get a better nuke.. heck i know sk/palys get one better than us..

beastys needs a new ability (like fd maby for pulling) this would help us out.. (i know the damn green pet trick and i use it so no need to post about it here) but being able to fd when things go bad to save a group can help tons... not saying we need that exactly.. but you can see how that has the advantages.. we only have our paragon and our sa/sv and a partly resisted 65% slow..

ok im off to see how much better other classes get with the update and yet to hear the roar of beastys..

keep your slows at arms and pet on taunt and maby we can beat that orc pawn..

Oiingo

Quote from: Hoov on December 08, 2005, 02:29:31 AM
My point about dps is this..

a paly/sk with sim aa and gear example epic 1.5...

will out damage us EASILY.. if we are a supporting dps role why would this happen?

I have seen warriors out damage me and that is sad...

In my experience, pallies and SKs don't out-DPS us, even with big slays against undead and whatnot.  Warriors sometimes do, but only when I'm slacking or fighting something where I can't use the new pet (e.g., AE ramp targets).  Othewise we seem about the same when doing normal, non-burst DPS.

Quotewe are a dps class and we are the futherest behind all in dps..

zerkers/rouges lead the pack easily

monks/palys/sk/ranger/bards next

warriors next

beastlords are lass in dps roles.. seams we should at least be at rangers sk/paly ect area..

I can't recall the last time I was *ever* out-DPS'd by a bard.  Ever.  Rangers definately do more than us.

Quotebeastys are a supporting class and we are in need of a big change.. we need dps to help us out.. spirts of dps dont help.. we need to have an average dps output of 250ish jump .. pets will need atleast 2x more dps.. with more of a dodge mod added..

I just did a recent parse and with just self buffs and no pet, was doing 246 DPS over the course of two hours.  With full raid buffs, I can easily hit 500-550'ish.  Now you want to add 250 on top of that? We'd be higher than rangers and monks, and running with the low/mid-DPS rogues.

As for the pet comment, I agree completely.  We are the master of beasts, but our beast companion is rapidly falling behind us on the progression curve.  I believe if they revamped the pet focus effects, they could easily achieve this.

Quoteraiding at upper tier sucks for beastys .. guilds only require 1 beastys... and when you have 6-10 on every nite fighting for the spots it becomes tiresome.. and i have seen a lot leave eq to wow and to more extent quit all together..

You are confusing two issues, our need and over-recruiting.  If you've got six or ten beastlords at ever raid, perhaps it's time to let a few go, or avoid adding more when some leave?  There's more to running a guild than inviting everyone on the /who list in PoK.

Quoteif our best buff acted like shamy buffs (added proc rate for example) this would help us get spots and feel wanted in raids..

Change level 70 fero to have over-cap +20 accuracy and +20% combat effects.

Quotemore people leave the game bc it is starting to become more and more unballanced.. i mean when a mage can out dps  most of a goup with one pet this is over powering...

Read the mage forums some time.  They are still lacking relative to other casters.

Quotenow mages/necros/zerkers/wizys get in groups fast bc of the dps (on average)

only way we can get in a group is if there is no others slower avaliable (enchanter or shamy and some times bard/necro) or if we know the area better or we have friends that just love us..

lets face it we cannot really dps our selves into a group.. our dots are a joke with a really big taunt.. and takes up too much manna to boot.. mostly resisted so sucks.. our nukes are a joke.. even the healing classes get a better nuke.. heck i know sk/palys get one better than us..

I generally get groups as DPS first, slower second.  Many times I have been invited to groups that didnt' realize our slow is as powerful as it is.  One guy, recently, though it was only 20%; no idea where that came from.

Quotebeastys needs a new ability (like fd maby for pulling) this would help us out.. (i know the damn green pet trick and i use it so no need to post about it here) but being able to fd when things go bad to save a group can help tons... not saying we need that exactly.. but you can see how that has the advantages.. we only have our paragon and our sa/sv and a partly resisted 65% slow..

Absolutely no reason for FD.  Sure, you may be able to drag corpses once the area is safe, but what have you really gained?  Travel is so easy now days that it's just a matter of clicking a book or running through the guild hall portal and you're almost at your destination.  If it's *really* bad, you can summon and run back.  As for pulling, you've already gien plenty of reason why we don't need any other tools to do it.
Predator Oiingo Boiingo (80 beasty) of <Triality> on Maelin Starpyre

Hoov

boy you did not get any thing i was saying..

jitathab

Just because someone disagrees doesnt mean they didnt understand.

Kanan

hoov.. last night we did rikkukin again.

On rikky, we have one person whose designated job is to call out the direction that the AEs are coming.  They asked me to do this like once, since I liked playing with the voice commands a bit.  Welp, I've been in that role ever since.  A monk parsed it last night.  I was in the top 5 for dps, passed by only one ranger, who has his 2.0.

Since I run those hotkeys, I do not nuke & I think I cast the DoD pet spell about 3 times total in that fight.

You know what that says to me?

Our dps ain't hurting that incredibly much.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Grbage

Quote from: Oiingo on December 08, 2005, 04:42:39 AM

I generally get groups as DPS first, slower second.  Many times I have been invited to groups that didnt' realize our slow is as powerful as it is.  One guy, recently, though it was only 20%; no idea where that came from.

Just a guess but the guy probably is not that old of a player and was told how much our slow does after mitigation and took that as how much we can slow by.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Pakratz

Just thought I'd pipe in with issues at the top of my list (Tacvi raiding guild):

1) Raid utility.  Boy would it be nice to be appreciated on a raid outside of buffing SA.  A melee-useful buff would be nice, but a niche skill would be even better (ie if BL were the absolute best at something/anything - lots of room for creativity here).   If you're thinking MGB Perfection, forget it - it's so insignificant that it's rarely ever used on our raids, I can only remember 1 time in 6 months of raiding when raid leader called for it.

2) Make  /pet hold continue to hold pet after mob is dead.  Currently, I hit /pet hold about 500 times an hour while raiding.  After every mob /pet hold.  Just in case /pet hold.  Oh did i forget to /pet hold??  Better make sure.  One loose pet and raid could wipe = generic fear of pet classes and a worn out /pet hold key.  Make /pet hold a toggle - while its on, its always on until you log/die.  I'm really surprised this isn't near the top of everyone's list.

3) DPS.  Ok I feel a little greedy asking for this after the huge boost we just got.   But we still have a ways to go if we're supposed to be a dps class.  Seems the biggest issue here is pet scalability.  There's enough effects/weapons to boost my dps, but Toto is lagging badly.  My feeling is if we're going to suffer through the numerous no-pet targets, our dps should be superior when pet is allowed.

4) Defense.  Not a priority like the other 3 but I used to love being able to tank from time to time.  Somewhere along the line my tanking abilities went AWOL.  Monks are HUGELY better tanks than us, which i just dont get (they're better dps and provide key raid utiliy as well).   Basically, this beef is only on here because we don't accel at offense or raid utility either. 

In a nutshell, I'd like to see the class excel somewhere (dps or raid utility), or be decent all over (decent dps, decent utilty, decent defense).  Right now we have decent dps, minimal raid utility, and minimal defense.  I'm pretty confident in saying we're the least desirable raid class (tho we're good for groups).

Kanan

Quote from: Pakratz on December 28, 2005, 07:02:19 AM

2) Make  /pet hold continue to hold pet after mob is dead.  Currently, I hit /pet hold about 500 times an hour while raiding.  After every mob /pet hold.  Just in case /pet hold.  Oh did i forget to /pet hold??  Better make sure.  One loose pet and raid could wipe = generic fear of pet classes and a worn out /pet hold key.  Make /pet hold a toggle - while its on, its always on until you log/die.  I'm really surprised this isn't near the top of everyone's list.

/chuckle... but, but, but.. what would I do with my reflexive /hold hotkey?

aye.. a true toggle would be wonderful... but that would be a step towards making the pets "automatic".  And devs don't want em being "automatic", wanting us to have to exert a lil effort to control the pet.

hakaaba

like its really an effort to hit '9' every other second?  :evil: 

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Kanan

/shrug.. how many leashing issues did you have until you trained that reflex?

once we've trained the reflex, we're good, but I know I had some issues for a bit until I got it trained.

Tastian

Hehe I did my "training" with a /pet go away hot key instead of hold back in the day lol.  Whenever I wasn't positive the pet wasn't about to do something stupid it got blown up lol.  Non-aggro pets, non-mez breaking pets, and many other changes later the pet hold thing is much more forgiving and natural for me.  8P

hakaaba

I started like a week after luclin and i honestly dont remember pets ever aggro or breaking mezz.  Was this a necro/mage thing (pre-luclin) or is my memory just going? :p

I do remember "Summon Warder" though heh -- Worst system *ever*  :evil:

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Grbage

I would say your memory is either shot or you were very lucky. Warder breaking mezz racked me up a fairly decent chanter kill rate.  :evil: Also wiped my group (wasn't raiding a lot at that time) quite a few times from the pet running off and pulling for us. Matter of fact it got reflexive for me to keep an eye on pet's health and haul ass to ZO if it started to mysteriously drop.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Chis

I like packrats idea on pet hold.

WIth more and more 2 handers out there i would like to see that aa still :P

Chis

Oiingo,

I saw that you are around 243 dps alone/self buffed but also said u can get to 500-550 range raid buffed.  was that also alone?  If so I am assuming your receiving shammy assistance right?  Not a flame by any means....just an inquiry.