Main Menu

Can someone explain the camps in Bastion of Thunder

Started by Skullet Crossbones, March 10, 2004, 11:01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skullet Crossbones

I have only been to bastion of thunder 2 times. Well i have finally convinced some guildies to go there as its the only tier 3 ive been in but i dont know the camp all that well. Using This map could someone please explain what the common camps are and where they are located. I have figured out what "west" is as it was just a spot up some steps on the west side at the entrance to what this map calls "blizzard".

Thanks much for any help or suggestions

Elder Skullet Crossbones
Skullet's Magelo

Noriko

Different servers might have different names.  Here's what we call them on Xev.

North/East/South/West Bottom
- just up the stairs, pull regular mobs, train city
- there is really no north/west camp, there isn't enough mobs to pull
- east bottom you can sometimes see
- south bottom is the most common

North Top:
- no one really camp there since the giants roam and there is a trap up top that breaks invis if it lands
- only go there for the named.

West Top:
- camp at the top of the stairs
- only enough mob for 1 group
- pull all the way to the named.

East Top:
- camp at top room, kill corner, camp there, kill counterclockwise to the other corner, move there, pull elasewhere until first corner respawns, move back, kill respawn, repeat
- named pop in the middle of the room

South Middle:
- pull everything, including 2 named

South Top:
- pull everything, including 1 named

The other mini maps are for the towers (and the named bosses).  You need key to enter.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=774007">Noriko . http://www.celestialrising.com">Celestial Rising . http://pub228.ezboard.com/bxevserverboards">Xev . http://www.beastlords.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1593">BST65.80/Xv h++ 3khp 3km ft13 r9 G++<3 e++ o+ T+++ L++ H+++@ f g b- t++>++++ D- !X

Hereki

On Venril Sathir, camps are know as:

- fourways, can be 2 or 3 groups here.  That's up the stairs and stop.

- tables.  This is in South, part way down.

- deep south.  South, all the way.

Then other camps are referred to by the names of the nameds that spawn there.  Plus a group moving into the north wing might just call out North, etc.

Evandar

Iirc, on RN its: "Bees" (dont ask me why :P the flying insect looking mobs near the 4 tower zone ins), DS (Deep South, where Gaukr Sandstorm spawns), MS, middle south (at the tables) and SS (the giants south of the stair in the 4-way room). DE (Deep east), North, West.. umm, thats it I think.. On AB i'm not sure, havent really never grinded in BoT there. I know what on RN is called "Bees" is CY on AB.

Umm, need some coffee before I post it seems.. Cant think straight :P
Evandar - Antonius Bayle - Retired - EQ
Dalle - Tauren Warrior - EU Stormrage - WoW

Dakat

Noriko posted a good map of the place.  On Emarr the camps have different names and some are located in different places.

Using his map:

North is WIND
South is SAND
East is BLIZZARD
West is LIGHTNING

As far as camps go:

in the North, the red dot near zone is called "Lower Wind" and the one close to the Courtyard portal is called "Upper Wind"

In the East, the red dot near zone is called "Lower Blizzard" and up top near the Courtyard portal is moved. If looking at this map, the camp is located in the upper left corner where the letter "a" in EAST TOP is located.

In the South, the red dot near the zone is called "Lower Sand" and the camp(S) for the middle are located in the outer rooms that have beds in them. You have Left Middle Sand (LMS) and Middle Sand also called (RMS) Right Middle Sand. Its usually called Middle Sand (MS) but when the zone had 120+ people in it, all grouping for experience, every camp would be camped. In the top, where the portal is to Courtyard, camp is located between the 2 indented walls. This is a central spot and never get any wanderers and you can afk for long periods.

In the West, red dot near the zone and the one just up the stairs are the same camp called "Lower Lightning". If you camp the one just up the stairs, no one will camp near the zone. No one would dare pull over another group, so you could actually remove that spot. If the zone is busy, they might split Lighting with a right/left group.

With all that, I prefer the Courtyard then any other camp. That's if you are only there for the experience, decent cash, and a few spectral parchments. If you are looking for a possible item off a spawned "named" mob, stick with the red dots metioned above and on his map. If you want fast and furious exp, head up top to the Courtyard. Fastest and the best exp level 62+ in the game if your not in a Time guild. I made 6 aa's in a 4 1/2 hour period there.

Last note:  If you want to move around in the zone, invis up. Only the named can see though invisibility. The mobs are large size but have a real small agro radius. So avoid named mobs and you can move anywhere in the zone rather freely.

Tastian

Nor pretty much nailed it.  You will have 2 groups usually at "LS" "LE" just at the top of the steps in the 4-way.  "west" will be up the stairs.  MS is about where he said and US is just upper south *shrugs*.  CY is the turkeybees and sometimes you'll see people doing/making new camps because well it's BoT lol.

Argach

*trains the thread with 37 giants that he has gathered from upper south (not knowing that he could just step on the telepad), middle south (after killing off the people in there and thus adding a hasted mage-geared elemental to the mix) and lower south!*

Tastian

Laughs quietly to himself well mauling stormriders well crazy shouts of "n00b" "trainer" "gonna you die" flood /ooc.  Ahhhh it's just like being back in KC basement again hehe.

Morganti

Hrann

Interesting that the names are so different.  On Povar the names are like Dakat said.

Skanda

On Saryrn the names are a bit different

Using that map above the names go like this

--N/E/S/W Bottom = N/E/S/W Hub (call camp check and you'll see shub, ehub, etc)
--West = West. This is all one camp
--North = North. Also all one camp except for the named area which almost never is camped
--East = East is made up of two camps. Ehub and East pad (Noted as East top on that map)
--South = South has 3 camps. Shub, WTF (South middle on that map. Stands for Wolves, Table, Forge) and S Pad (South Top on that map)

Then there is CY (Court Yard) which is accessable from any of the pads. That is all one camp.

Be warned though that 90% of the drama that comes from Saryrn seems to start in BoT because of people jumping your camp to try and get a names spawn before you can. I avoid that zone like the plague unless I can get a guild group there.

Oneiromancer

On Kane Bayle:

The 4 areas are (starting at the North, going clockwise): Air, Water, Earth, Fire.

The central area is called 4-way.  Usually only 2 groups pulling to there, one from Earth (most common camp at 4-way) and perhaps one pulling from Air and Water.  Fire is its own camp, at the top of the stairs.

Within Earth there are the Tables camps and Deep Earth.  I don't know much about Air or Water camps; the only times I've been in there it was a whirlwind named-hunting group that just invised to the various named that were up, killed them, then on to the next (and there weren't that many people in the zone, and definitely none camping the areas we went to, so we weren't KSing).

Up on top is the Stormriders camp, or SRs for short.  Probably my favorite camp at the moment...fast exp, no trains.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Felidae

About the differrent servers having different names for things... back before the bazaar it was fun hearing where a servers informal trading area was.  On the Rathe it was the EC tunnel, and that was a common one, but it was different on other servers.

Jkal_Shihar

on tribunal its almost like what someone else had cept bees are beez <shrug>.
sands is LS, MS and US and so on for the other 4.
now when a raid is called on a tower then that tower is actually called out ie: Lightning, and so forth.
Animist Jkal Shi`har and tigger
Arch Animist of the Tribunal Server
My Magelo
*still my main since dec. 2001*

tanik

Okay so I feel like a total newb for asking this, but it has plauged me now for at least two deaths.  If I get transported to the CY where the flying creatures are, I have no clue how to get back down.  I have been told to click on the glowing blue thing in the center, but all that does is fill me with electricity.
Tanik
65 Beastlord

Silent Sanctuary
Rodcet Nife