Main Menu

baleful blood soaked cuirass

Started by hella, June 07, 2004, 12:15:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hella

hi was wondering if it is possible for a lvl 65 bst with all spells 92AAs with pet focus(LDoN) to solo mobs in the zone this drops of randomly? i would most likely be pet clericing.. any info on this zone it drops/mobs it more commonly drops from/strategy to get it would be much appreciated..

Ukator Iceblood

Hella check a few threads about Riwwi in the equipment section. Ton wrote on that item.
Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony

Muss

Does this still drop?  I have been in the arena for weeks now and no damn tunics except the caster one.  I assumed they nerfed the drop rate but was it totally removed?

Muss

Rashkae

No the tunic wasn't removed.  It's just a rare drop.
Elder Rashkae
Feral Lord
My Gear

Elder Legolyn
His Gear

bham

It still drops. I got mine on the weekend
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox

Shrouded

Hella--
I took a peak at your magelo and, unfortunately, I do not believe that you would be able to solo in this zone.  The mobs in this zone would chew through you and they, also, chew through a focused DPoC pet.  If you would like to solo in this zone, I would recommend getting some defensive AA or a significant upgrade in gear.  On the bright side, if you could find a warrior and a cleric to go with, you should have no problems except for getting the now-insanely-rare tunic to drop.
Level 70 Iksar Beastlord
Epic 1.5 Pre-Whiner

Chubaka

Quote from: ShroudedHella--
I took a peak at your magelo and, unfortunately, I do not believe that you would be able to solo in this zone.  The mobs in this zone would chew through you and they, also, chew through a focused DPoC pet.  If you would like to solo in this zone, I would recommend getting some defensive AA or a significant upgrade in gear.  On the bright side, if you could find a warrior and a cleric to go with, you should have no problems except for getting the now-insanely-rare tunic to drop.

I think if Hella is Hella tenacious she could persevere.  I had 90AA when I got mine totally solo.  That was a week or so ago.. Posted in the equip section when I got it.

Just get Virtue, Kei and Nine.
Chubaka
65 Beast
Terris Thule

Magelo
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=934088

DontPetBear

Quote from: Chubaka
I think if Hella is Hella tenacious she could persevere.  I had 90AA when I got mine totally solo.  That was a week or so ago.. Posted in the equip section when I got it.

Just get Virtue, Kei and Nine.

I'm thinking i could solo there with that combo hehe.  Just joking with ya Chubaka.
Dgam - 70 - Beastlord

Shrouded

Look at Hella's magelo.  That is all.
Level 70 Iksar Beastlord
Epic 1.5 Pre-Whiner

Aneya

I think it can be done solo even with Hella's profile. It might not be an enjoyable experience but it is doable. I've camped at Barindu/Riwwi zoneline before mainly because its mostly empty of mobs. I pulled one mobe every 2 to 4 minutes with protective spirit normaly poping before I was ready to engage the next mob. The killer here is the proc. That is the one place where I think she might have trouble.

In my experience, the DPoC enhanced pet does ok VS these mobs. In fact, I try to let the pet tank 50% of the fight. Usualy I generate too much agro to make this possible but I try. I don't remember having to heal my pet after slowing and crippling the mob. However with lower resist you may have to.

I have never soloed the arena though and can't tell you much about that area. I've been meaning to try but now a days its always camped by people going after the named mobs.
EQ Aneya 70 Beastlord Tarew Marr
EQ2 Evalin Swashbuckler Mistmoore

Chubaka

Quote from: ShroudedLook at Hella's magelo.  That is all.

I did.  She has more hit points than I do.  I think it is worth a try.  It will be tuff but doable.

Although I would VERY reccomend ditching the main hand epic.  Even Razor-Edged Claws are better and very cheap if you can't afford the Velium Inlaid Claws.  Many weapons in the bazaar are  much better than the main hand epic.

My 'zar geared un-uber strategy at the Qinimi / Riwwi zoneline was.......

Buff your pet with IoS, Kragg, Spiritual, Arags, Rellic, Regen and AC. (Mage phantom armor helps alot too)

My spell setup is Fero, CBlast, Healing of Sorsha, Plague, Envenomed Bolt, Scorpion Venom, Disempower, Sha's Regenge.

1. Pull with slow (Of course, who doesn't)
2. Tank with Protective Spirit while meleeing until your at 50% life.  The pet should have agro by now.
3. Cast Disempower
4. Cast all 3 Dots, if you manage to get agro just run around until the pet gets it back.  Plague is good cause it will take you 2 minutes to kill it, at least.
5.  Sorsha pet as required.
6. IF you are fighting a mastruq, at this point I mem Annul Magic (You will need it when it hits 20% and casts that lame defensive thing on itself.
7. Re-DoT with Scorpion Venom.
8. Mob should start running soon at this point so hit it!

I use this same startegy in Barindu where they hit over 600 and the chaos claws is also more.  I also use this now in the Sewer : Crematory solo where they also hit for high 600's but there is not chaos claws.  Of course Barindu and Crematoy are a little easier now that I have the Baleful. heheh
Chubaka
65 Beast
Terris Thule

Magelo

ShaitynAB

I've looked at Hella's magelo and yes, she can solo in Riiwi-provided that she takes along a KEI and Virtue.  Is it efficient?  Hell no.  But I can solo in Riiwi and I don't have much more HP's/AC than she has.  The problem I found was that the mobs I was fighting run and run early...that fact alone is what discouraged my soloing there.  When I hunt Riiwi now, I have wife bring along her 65 necro for a bit less stress. :)
Shaityn Stormweaver
65 Ogre Feral Lord
The Insane-Antonius Bayle
My Magelo
The Beastlords Den-Home of Everquest Beastlords

Slynnx

The running Mob issue really worried me when I started trying to solo there but can be easily managed if you pull to the Qinimi zone line.  I generally park my pet at the bottom of the stairs and pull all the way over to the left side (facing Qinimi).  If I am cast on while pulling I hit the /pet hold button and only let him loose when the mob has turned the corner so he can push it farther into the left alcove during the fight.

By the time they are ready to run they are as far from the pathing of any other mobs as they can be.  Also, someone must have convinced them that they can zone into Qinimi, since they prefer to path straight past the stairs and head to the right side zone-out.  I have never had one get past the actual zone spot so am not sure if their corpses can become unlootable due to the ZL.

That said, I have now killed about 300 and not seen anything worthwhile drop.  I find that I can clear through all the pathers, the one static mob by the water, and still have time to pull 3 of the 4 screambringers stationed near the opening to the rest of the zone before getting repops.  It is fun and somewhat challenging but definitely not a fast exp spot.
Slynnx Swiftpaw

"All your tunafishes are belong to me" - Bob

Giledorm

My only experience with Riwwi is sitting on my butt, letting a necro friend of mine agro kite for the caster tunic while I sat there and kept my fingers crossed.  :D

So if I'm reading the posts correctly, a DPoC-focused pet can tank these mobs, with decent resists?  I'd like to go back and try to this the cuirass myself, but have been hesitant due to my equipment being far from uber. :P  Think I'll bring my 55 Druid along as well, as a snare/DS/extra DoT or 2 might be just what turns the tides.  I'll give it a shot and tell ya what happens.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=395485&resize=true target=_blank>http://www.thirds.org/moose/newsig.jpg border=0>

Chubaka

Quote from: GiledormMy only experience with Riwwi is sitting on my butt, letting a necro friend of mine agro kite for the caster tunic while I sat there and kept my fingers crossed.  :D

Did you at least send your pet in to the fight also? Hehehe

Your good to go solo.  Runners are no problem, like Slyn said, just pull to the side then they path all over the place before they head up the stairs.  It really does seem like they are trying to zone into Qinimi hehehe.
Chubaka
65 Beast
Terris Thule

Magelo