Main Menu

Bazaar seller and buyers grrr....

Started by Grolyn, January 15, 2006, 05:56:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grolyn

I don't mind the competition with other in offering the best price to buy or sell but once in a while I have an idiot who thinks 1 cp makes a big difference.  I had a few leftover radiant crystals that I was offering at 65 pp each (lowest was 66) and then someone comes along and starts peddling a couple thousands at 64p 9c.  Is one cp difference that big a deal to the seller?  I think not unless the seller is being greedy trying to squeezey every bit of money from it.

I did get a bit of revenge later when he lowered his price to 59p 9c, I bought all he had left (and 18 from another seller he tried to undercut), sold them to buyers at 62p each and made a quick 4k profit. 

Another time I was looking to buy just a few drake wings for my GM armor and offered over 20k each.  Guess what, someone bumps his buy price to just 1pp higher than mine and judging from the 999 he wanted to buy, a reseller.  or maybe a plat seller, whatever.  That's like an used car dealer trying to beat his neoighboring dealer by offering one dollar more on a $5,000 car

I just wish there were a way to boot someone who tries to beat the best buy or sell price by just a pitful change.  For now all I got is ignore.

Phinny

If it makes you feel better I for one always buy from the person being undercut when I see this happen and I have had people buy from my mule when someone has done this to me.

Phinny

shenk

Really depends what I'm buying.  If i'm 1 particular item, I'll probably find the cheapest even if it is by 1cp.  If it is someing in quantities, I'll usually buy from the vendor that has the best price for the quantity I want to buy.  I'm not going to go running around to 4-5 people to find what I need.