Main Menu

Spirit of Snow

Started by embrau, March 02, 2004, 09:19:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tastian

hehe thanks, but I'm just a poster like everyone else

Shere Khaan

Actually Spirit of Snow is the only other pet proc buff I still use other than Spirit of Rellic. I strongly recommend either spirit of flame OR spirit of snow simply because theare the only 2 pet buffs that actually decrease hate rather than generate it.

If you ever join a kiting group you will be very glad for one of these when the mage pet keeps kicking the bucket and your pet survives. :)

I use snow because it works very well in the Plane of Fire.

Shere Khaan

Coprolith

QuoteI strongly recommend either spirit of flame OR spirit of snow simply because theare the only 2 pet buffs that actually decrease hate rather than generate it.

Do they? I've always thought that you still get the +hate from the DD and stun component, and that the total amount of hate generated by Snow/Flame is still positive.

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III
Trollie ferrul lawd of 65 levels (retired)

Dummkopf

Thats my impression as well, both spells have a -50 hate effect, but there is still the dd part and the stun and both generate positive aggro, the total should be positive but reduced a bit by the 50 deaggro.

TerjynPovar

Indeed, the amount of net hate is still positive.

I wish there was a better way to say it other than "-50 hate", because that's misleading and confuses people greatly.
Terjyn, Retired Feral Lord on the Povar Server

Shere Khaan

Rellic is +50 Hate. Snow and Flame are -50 hate. Regardless of the positive/negative overall effect there is a 100 hate net difference PER PROC between the two buffs.

Over a long kite that is a substantial amount of agro not generated. I'll keep using my spirit of snow thanks very much :)

Shere Khaan