Main Menu

Spiritual Vigor education

Started by Funzo, April 19, 2004, 10:51:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funzo

I'm sure this info is on the board already somewhere, but after a quick search I just decided to start a new post.

What spells overwrite SV?
What spells are overwriten by SV?

Is Brell's better?

Thank you for your input.
Funzo Frantic, 65 Male Vah Shir Beastlord - Ayonae Ro

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=977636

"Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Katzeye

If someone has SoT or BSS on SV wont land.......

BSS has more hps but SV has +30 atk )

If you cast SV and BMB is on them SV will over ride it )

other than that thats all I can think of atm )
Elder Katzeye Burrowclaw
75th Wildblood
Primal Evolution
On Erollisi Marr (fomerly of Morell Thule)
<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=211302 "> View Me</a>

Mindlet

Generally for tanks brells is better but for pure dps like monks rogues SV is better. I leave rangers out of this group because ranger have an ever better buff to cast SoT. If there is a ranger around its probably not worth even loading up SV.

Vidyne

SV blocks SoT and BSS

SV also blocks monk epic and cleric/paladin YAULP spells.

Generally if we have a pally in our group with BSS I let him cast it and dont use SV.

If no BSS is there, I cast SV all the time and tell clerics/Paladins/Monks to click off the effect if they have the spell/item that it blocks.

Paladins love to use Yaulp and so do clerics, I dont think there is a situation, where a Paladin would rather have SV than BMB or BSS.  BMB + Yaulp they say is better than SV, so let them click off and recast.

TerjynPovar

Quote from: KatzeyeBSS has more hps but SV has +30 atk )

+40 ATK
Terjyn, Retired Feral Lord on the Povar Server

Dakat

The differences:

Strength of Tunare Ranger level 65  +60 atk +125hp  
Will not stack with any other, will not overwrite any other

Spirit of Vigor Beastlord level 62  +40 atk +225hp
Will not stack with any other, will not overwrite any other.

Brells Mountainous Barrier Paladin level 60  +225hp

Brells Stalwart Sheild Paladin level 65  +330hp

If you ever get BMB or SoT, take em off and put on SV.  +20 atk does not do much for you anyways.  If you are looking to get more hp then you are attack, take off SV and take the paladins BSS.  But, for me I love SV over all others since we got the middle of the 2.  It's only 95hp less then the BSS and gives 100hp more then SoT.  As far as atk, you only lose 20 atk going from SoT to SV. Also you gain 40 atk substitute BSS for SV.

Dummkopf

Just for clarification, BMB gets overwritten by SV, BSS doesnt.

Tastian

Go with what you can get.  There are a lot of times where hps won't matter and atk can make some differance.  Other time hps matter and you'd probably opt for BSS.  SV is nice because it is middle ground and you don't have to ask anyone for it or worry about not having it.  In most cases I'd take SoT, then SV, almost never use BSS.