Main Menu

Growl of the Panther ?

Started by Ganellon D'Alinor, January 27, 2005, 11:00:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ganellon D'Alinor

Hy,

Saw this new one spell live on Lucy  http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=6672&source=Live so i wonder if any one tryied to turn a 69 runes to get it  :-D

I have all my 69 but i don't really want to take another just to try if someone already done it  :-P

Mahes

Check out this thread: http://www.beastlords.org/forums/index.php?topic=4866.0

The spell is a new spell for the upcoming Dragons of Norrath expansion.  It's not live yet, so there's no rune to turn it for it or anything.

Raedwolf

On our guild message boards, one of our SKs posted a thread stating that the new 69 (and the lower version lvl 61) spell is obtained by the new mission system. With each completed mission, you get some type of shard/crystal that you collect, and then can turn in for gear/augs/spells. Sounds awesome, especially in some of the augs available. Also, it looks like the shards/crystals will be able to be traded, which will make for some interesting economics again.

Raedwolf
Wildcaller
Officer, Immortalis Kruoris

Garl

From what I've heard... the 69 spell is only available from doing a 24 player DoN progression mission, and only 6 of them drop during it. They're universal, so it doesn't matter if the mission was good or evil faction.
Garl
70 Beastlord
Ayonae Ro

Iskandar

The spell doesn't drop from the raid tho, it is given to you after you do the handin to the camp-specific commander -- you receive your AA and the spell at the same time :)
Wildcaller Iskandar Darkpaw --  80 Beastlord, Cohort Chalybeius, Cazic Thule

"Didn't ya hear? That which doesn't kill you makes ya stronger. So suck it up, OK?" ~C.C.
"That which doesn't kill me makes me stronger. That which does kill me I will hunt down after I respawn." ~D.H.

sunkash

this part: Increase Hitpoints v2 by 150 per tick, almost sounds like a group spell effect?

Tastian

It's not a group heal effect.

Akiah

Just like to add that in my opinion, this spell is amazingly useful, especially when soloing. Cast it just before you pull, and add 1500 to your max HP, a heal over time (for 1500 total), plus a damage modifier to you AND your pet, all for 650 mana (not that much more than it costs for 1500 HP worth of heals). I use this in Thundercrest and The Ascent, most of the time I don't even have to heal due to the HP regen...a really great spell, although its slightly annoying having to recast it every 1 minute. Glad we finally have something to do with all our mana...

Braedan_VZ

What's the casting time on this spell?  It occurs to me that SOE might have found a clever way to address our pet heal problem and benefit us at the same time.  Also I heard a rumor that it costs a regent though I havn'et seen it mentioned yet. That true?

Nusa

Follow the lucy link given at the top. Those answers are there.

Dakat

Growl of the Panther  Detail | History | Stacking | Raw Data 

Slot Description
1:  Increase All Skills Damage Modifier by 20%
6:  Increase Hitpoints v2 by 150 per tick
7:  Increase Max Hitpoints by 1500

Mana: 650 Skill: Alteration
Casting Time: 3 Recast Time: 0
Fizzle Time: 2.25 Range: 100
Deletable: No Interruptable: Yes
Short Buff Box: No Target Type: Pet
Spell Type: Beneficial Category: Atk Buff
Source: Live 03/17   

Classes: BST/69
Duration: 1 min
Autocast: Growl of the Panther
Items with spell: Spell: Growl of the Panther

Cast on you: You snarl with feral fury.
Cast on other: Someone snarls with feral fury.
Wears off: The growl of the panther leaves you.

Dakat

This still shows pet only spell, which is what threw me off last big argument.

Iskandar

Quote from: Dakat on March 21, 2005, 03:54:41 AM
This still shows pet only spell, which is what threw me off last big argument.

See where it says "Autocast: Growl of the Panther" -- click that link on the Lucy page and it shows you the information for the component that is cast on the player, which is:

Growl of the Panther  Detail | History | Stacking | Raw Data 

Slot Description
1:  Increase All Skills Damage Modifier by 20%
6:  Increase Hitpoints v2 by 150 per tick
7:  Increase Max Hitpoints by 1500

Mana: 0 Casting Time: 0
Recast Time: 0 Fizzle Time: 0
Range: 100 Location: Any
Time of Day: Any Interruptable: Yes
Short Buff Box: No Target Type: Self
Spell Type: Beneficial Category: Atk Buff
Source: Live 03/17   

Classes: None
Duration: 1 min

Cast on you: You snarl with feral fury.
Cast on other: Someone snarls with feral fury.
Wears off: The growl of the panther leaves you.

What you cast is a pet buff. The pet then casts a buff on you. Both have the same name and same effects.
Wildcaller Iskandar Darkpaw --  80 Beastlord, Cohort Chalybeius, Cazic Thule

"Didn't ya hear? That which doesn't kill you makes ya stronger. So suck it up, OK?" ~C.C.
"That which doesn't kill me makes me stronger. That which does kill me I will hunt down after I respawn." ~D.H.

Braedan_VZ

Has this spell replaced dots in your xp lineup?  It has mine and I never expected it too.  the hot it gives is a good bonus plus unlike our dots I never get resisted on GotP.  Also it seems its even more dps than letting chimera blood run its course.  Are there any other classes that has a dmg bonus ability at their fingertips like this?

Haggatha

Lets bump a long dead topic.... I just got Growl of the Leopard last night. I noticed no one responded to the gentlemen's question above, which is, has this replaced DoT's in your lineup? (If you even use DoT's, which I know many people don't).

This still seems like a valuable spell, even if only a situational one.