Main Menu

Growl of the Panther ?

Started by Ganellon D'Alinor, January 27, 2005, 11:00:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kanan

lol.. actually it replaced pet haste in mine ;p But that was also back when the pet haste took almost a minute for the spell gem to refresh upon casting.

I use it as my 3rd sorta continuous disc (yeah, i know the dps output compared to the real disc & BA is pathetic, but it's something) and keep it up at all times, except when buffing the pet
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Nusa

Dots were always situational tools for me. Almost never used in raids (mobs dont live long enough) and only sometimes solo. Loading extra nukes is my usual route (of course, I do remember the days when I didn't have enough nuke spells).

Growl replaced fero's for me. Used to be I would constantly fero 2-3 people besides myself in raids. Now I usually just do myself, and other people situationally (range fights, mainly). But remember, I'm in a max-mana situation a lot....max FT gear, max FT aa's, enc C, bard C, druid skin is typical. And sometimes a necro mind-wracking.

Tigrah

I'll respond, as I've been using GotP for a little while now myself. Personally it took one of my older slots, as I have 9. my spell lineup in combat is variable based partly on my role in the group, and the situation. Atm I use in this order: GotP, Mikkily, Muada's, Incapacitate, Sha's Revenge, Chimera, Scorpion Venom, Frost Spear, and typically when I'm expecting to have to steal agro fast Flash of light, or if I'm not expecting to steal agro a lot, Venom of Snake. I use my dots a lot in most situations, far more than nukes to make sure I"m high on the agro list all the time. When I can't use dot's I keep them up because somewhere in the zone there's always a dotable mob lol
Savagespirit Tigrah Battlebeast of The Rathe.  85,

Whillowawhisp. Druid, currently 40

Archfiend Gravrrobrr Tombraidrr my crazed Drakkin SK

Tirienth Spiritcaster My unintentionally retired Shamy

Fear the mighty ball of yarn, for I shall chase it, and leave chaos in my wake.

Pakratz

Growl replaced Chim blood for me way back when.  I use it virtually all the time on burn mobs and when soloing, virtually never on trash/groups.  I never dot anymore due to the ridiculously poor landing percentage.  I had that clicky Festering Malady BP and tried that about 50 times on various mobs, finally destroyed it after seeing it land about 10% of the time. 

Now I keep up 3 nukes, heal, pet heal, SA, Growl, BE, and Fero when raiding.  In groups I replace Fero and a nuke with 2 slows.

Kanan

tigrah, I'm assuming you're talking abt staying high on the agro list on raid mobs.  My observations from too much dying before DoD pet:  If you pop out 3 nukes as fast as they come up, in addition to our low delay, decent ratio weapons, you should be just abt 2nd or 3rd on agro list.  All too often, if we lost a tank, it was me next on the agro list.. not the rogues, not the wizards.. me.  Now (/hug DoD pet) i'm below some rangers ;p
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Tigrah

sorry kan, I don't mean in raids... in raids I still don't consider myself to be powerful enough to try and survive agro. I attempt to be as high as possible on agro list in regular groups/missions.
Savagespirit Tigrah Battlebeast of The Rathe.  85,

Whillowawhisp. Druid, currently 40

Archfiend Gravrrobrr Tombraidrr my crazed Drakkin SK

Tirienth Spiritcaster My unintentionally retired Shamy

Fear the mighty ball of yarn, for I shall chase it, and leave chaos in my wake.

Taiglin

I have it perma memmed but find I rarely use it. Usually remember to pop it on a named fight maybe but am usually either 2 or 3 boxing so it becomes one more button to push. To add some context: over the last few months I am either in a guild group where I am not tanking or have been leveling toons on my other accounts in places that don't push the envelope as far as what I am doing. In the later I gives my cleric something to do.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]