Main Menu

Pulling Spell?

Started by Gegrok, March 17, 2005, 08:12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gegrok

Hey,

I'm looking for a decent pulling spell. I'm a level 20 and I've been fighting in Paludal Caverns, but unfortunately, when I cast Flash of Light, it pulls about 3 or 4 other mobs! I've been killed about twice in the same area because of this. Anyone know of a good spell that would be able to pull these mobs 1 by 1, or are they like so social that it's not possible?

Gegrok Darkfire

Prelgor

I think you're asking two different questions. 

First, at level 20, I think I was pulling with Sicken.  It's fairly cheap, and does some damage as a bonus.  Once you hit 22, you get your first slow (Drowsy).  Ever since 22, I've been pulling with my best slow and haven't looked back...  Flash of Light is probably a poor choice for a pull spell.  If it sticks, and your target is outside of melee range, it acts like a fear, if I understand correctly.  Are your targets running away for about a tick or two before they come for you, picking up buddies on the way?  Don't get me wrong - FoL is a great spell.  It's an ATK debuff and gives you valuable Divination practice (so you only fizzle Invisibility 6 times out of 10 at level 49, instead of 9 out of 10 :) ).  However, I would only cast FoL on a mob I'm actually meleeing at the time. 

Second, you asked about pulling in Paludal specifically.  If you're pulling the fiends, there is no reason you shouldn't be able to single pull.  The bandits, however, are very close together.  I don't think it's possible to pull a blue con bandit from an unbroken camp and not get adds.  Call this your first lesson in needing a Lull/Pacify-capable groupmate. :) 

Et^Cetera

I pulled with whichever spell school was not maxed. It just means you come out the end of it with more balanced casting skills rather than 1 or 2 maxed and the others at zero.

Sicken for Conjuration
Drowsy for Alteration once 22 rolled in
and blast of frost* for Evocation

Once you hit 30-40 you will probably ALWAYS pull with either a slow or a cancel magic.

*gads that was a long time ago .. either way .. the lowest nuke you get.
Cailus EtCetera with her trusty side kick Elllerton
Always lost, somewhere on AB.

Gegrok

Yeah, to confirm that, I've been attempting to pull the Bandits. Thanks for the info everyone, but if anyone else has some recommendations on pulling bandits in Paludal, please post!

Gegrok Darkfire
Ogre Beastlord of the 20th Rank
Dragons of Xev

Grbage

There are only a few of the bandits you can get single on an unbroken camp.

Instead of messing with those go kill Phlargs, they are easy to single, give just as good of xp and you have less worry about being trained or fighting for spawns. Just start working your way in killing or invis to a likely spot and start there. Keep cure disease up to take off the dot they put on you after the fight, don't bother during the fight since they will hit you with it again anyway. It's a low damage dot that basically takes away what you would regen while sitting.

Don't worry when some of the mobs start turning LB, xp still stays good until 25.

Forgot to address the original question. Don't pull with flash, it's a blind spell that will fear the mob if a PC is not in melee range. Not good for single pulling. Hit them with a dd or a dot until you get slow. Dispell also works for a decent pulling spell too (can't remember when you get it though).
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Dakat

lowest version of incapacitate? Forgot name of it. Use that or just nuke it once.

Once you get a slow of some kind use it. So even though you might get an add, thats one mob you don't have to try and slow again.