Main Menu

Question about fero and who to cast it on.

Started by Joowstun Willshun, July 05, 2005, 10:52:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joowstun Willshun

It has always been my oppinion that Ferocity line of spells should be cast on beasts first ( hey it is our spell) then Rog rangers monk and the rest. Recently the Monks in my guild have been Demanding that we cast it on them over rangers. My thinking is that 1 monks usually pull at raids so it would be better serverd on a ranger, and 2 rangers tend to do more steady dps than monks. Everyone agrees that rogs shoudl get it over the others.

My question is who benifits the most from it from a purly ATK stand point and who should get it first?

Animist

I am not a raiding bst now, but here is my opinion...

It really depends on individuals; usually one should cast on the most potential damage dealer, and that really depends on their weapons setup.

Monks tend to pull for raid yes, but once you are beating on the boss itself, monks usual deals more damage than rangers, provided that they are similarly equipped, and with the same amount of AA. So for trash clearing, I will just cast on rogues and rangers, as rangers tend to do better while clearing. Then when it comes to the big bad boss, rogues and then monks and so on...
70 Beastlord Animist
65 Warrior Hamk
Great Adventure Partizan
Druzzil Ro
The web based Beastlords DPS Calculator Thanks to Coprolith the Plumber for all his work!

Joowstun Willshun

see here is the other thing i was thinking though. Fero adds a set number to atk depending on the one you cast. if 10 atk is 1 dps or so does it really matter who gets it. 1 dps is 1 dps. so i guess what i need to know now is if all atk increase = same dps increase one each class. like is 10 atk the same dps increas for a warrior as it is for a monk or rog.

Animist

If you are talking about a "dps per atk value" for all classes, it is extremely hard to figure out too.

Here is an example. All numbers are made up.
monk_a: 1560atk, 80dps
monk_b: 1560atk, 100dps (why? because he has better weapons!)
ranger_a: 1560atk, 90dps
rogue_a: 1560atk, 200dps (why? because he backstabs!)

So you cast a 150atk buff to whom?

atk is so dependent on the weapon setups and AAs, and it really matters who you will cast on it...
70 Beastlord Animist
65 Warrior Hamk
Great Adventure Partizan
Druzzil Ro
The web based Beastlords DPS Calculator Thanks to Coprolith the Plumber for all his work!

Sharrien

I always cast it on myself first and then rogues, zerkers, rangers in that order since their dps is dependant on their atk rating.  On occasion it's more important for clerics to have max resists or the main tank, so I might cast it on them instead.

I usully keep it to two or maybe three people besides myself.  My guild has enough beastlords raiding that everyone who wants a fero mostly gets one.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

neight

Cast it on yourself, followed by the first three people to ask for it. That works wonders for me.

Neight
Neight Wulfe <Requiem>
75 Barbarian Beastlord
The Tribunal

Bengali

Quote from: neight on July 07, 2005, 07:40:38 AM
Cast it on yourself, followed by the first three people to ask for it. That works wonders for me.

Neight

That's exactly what I do -- which means that I cast it on me and that's it, since no one asks for it anymore. :)
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Koullyn

It is more useful for Rogues and Rangers over Monks. Monks end up doing so much pulling in a raid it is hard to keep them in range when it is cast time and to be honest the the improved dps to rog/rng is >> monks.
-- Retired Level 70 Beastlord --
http://www.wowgamers.com
http://www.wwm.net

Joowstun Willshun

I am starting to wonder what the soft cap on atk is. cause if someone has high ATK ranking i wonder if fero does much for them combaired to say a gimp paladin or something.

I am starting to think that it works better on some one who uses 2 weapons over a 2hander. maybe i need to get some parses with difrent people or something. Course i dont know how to do a parse so meh.

Tastian

Technically the "softcap" on atk is around 1276? or so I forget, but past that point you stop gaining max damage from +atk.  Also attack has diminshed returns based upon the content you are fighting.  You'll see less of a return going from 1500 to 2k atk verse moss snakes in EFP (that'd be a fun parse) than you would againist higher end content.

All of the variables in the combat system and between different mobs make getting lots of good data on plus atk fairly hard.  I know lots of rangers that don't think atk does much at the higher limits and want to see some changes made to the pred line of buffs currently. 

Dakat

Not all beast or for that matter other classes want Fero strickly for the attack boost.  Some pullers, who are out of range from the raid need that little extra edge for their resists.  Lot of mobs like to cast on their potential foe heading back to raid. I like having the resists up as high as I can get them.

Joowstun Willshun

I know that Dakat but my question was purely on the ATk aspect not the resist/stam part of it.

Basically what i was starting to think is that it works best on some one with lowish atk that dual wield and has some of the double attack type aa.

Dakat

I'd say the same thing Joow. High end rangers, monk, war, and rogues already at the point of deminished return for boosting atk to get better dmg.  But for say a young beast that goes from 1100 to 1280, busting the 1200 cap would see a better return from that Fero. Or perhaps to wow a relatively new 100aa ranger by boosting their atk rating.

Nusa

If you've got a ranged fight, it becomes clearer. Rangers easily have the best melee-based ranged dps. On the occasions when I was the only beast, I've feroed as many as six rangers for such fights. Being able to mem both copies of fero is the one nice thing about the otherwise duplicate spell.

In normal use, I don't really discriminate between monks/rogues/rangers. I do favor members of my own group, since I can target them with one key. I nearly always do myself, but it also serves as a convenient timer for the cycle. And if I forget where I am in the cycle, the time left on my spell is sufficient to remind me.

Kanan

I'll do myself & the rogues pretty much.  I'm a bit of a bunny and won't fero someone who won't set a hotkey /t-ing me for it bcs mid-fight, I refuse to /targ someone unless I got another tell interrupting my /rt.  Got one monk that nags me for it and one or 2 rogues that will.  I'll use it on some other classes on qvic goats, but that's just cuz of the resists.  Frankly, the resists have been my biggest personal reason for using it nowadays.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar