Main Menu

Update on final fight

Started by Tzuka, October 16, 2004, 05:55:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DontPetBear

Man i really hope this gets changed back or at the least retuned.  Just finished my DS Girplan tonight, and was looking forward to getting an alliance raid scheduled in 1-2 weeks.  I would probably be able to get 4-5 grps max., with average level of ~62.  Dunno if i'm gonna be dragging anyone out there if it's this hard.  Maybe if the kill 2 warders/port out, come back and kill again thing works.

If you're up to the Sphinxes part, might as well do the Girplan.  He wasn't that hard.  Did it with 65 Nec, 66 Clr, 52 Rgr, and me 65 Bst.  Paci'd the NW mob that kept adding, and finally got named single by pet pulling.  He dropped fairly fast and the best thing was a chest popped after i looted him.  Dropped a pretty nice melee no plate tank face item, attunable.  I just sold it in bazaar and gave profits to those that helped in fight.

Dunno what else to say.  I can't tank a warder that quads for 1k and mitigates slow.  Maybe if he doubled and didn't flurrie i could do it.  Was hoping to get 1 Elem. geared Sk for named, and me with 4 Ornate or lower geared tanks for Warders.  A druid/cleric for each offtank and 2 for Sk.  That leaves about 15, most below 65, for dps.  What are my chances of burning down the named or 2 warders in ~1-2 minutes.  About the time /disc's will run out and healers will be low on mana.
Dgam - 70 - Beastlord

Katillone

What bothers me is.. for the power that it takes to finish the last fight, most people that can do it from raiding guilds.. already have comparable weapons so epic 1.5 isnt that large of an upgrade.

It was always my understanding that the 1.5 was geared more toward the smaller guilds that only seldomly raid, and that 2.0 was for the hardcore gamers with a lotta time on their paws to raid and improve, so to speak.

I'm really hoping that our correspondent can get the devs to see these posts and get it fine tuned downward just a little.  Find a compromise on that large fight.

Katillone Quickpaw
Inny Server
Eclipsing Sojourn

<insert magelo here.. man i need to do that sometime> :P

TheOriginalGronker

Has anyone tried pet pulling while invis?

Aeshmal

You're not going to pet pull this fight. The DDA hits for 1400; he'll slaughter any pet you try to pull with in a matter of one or two seconds.

TheOriginalGronker

Quote from: AeshmalYou're not going to pet pull this fight. The DDA hits for 1400; he'll slaughter any pet you try to pull with in a matter of one or two seconds.
I've pulled stuff that hits as hard with a baby pet.  Invulnerability is a wonderful thing.

Remember you are invis and if they don't see invis, this should be a very safe thing to try - if the pet dies, try again until he/she gets lucky with the round of attacks.

edit: whoops I'm hearing that mobs attack you after pet dies and you are invis ... but there is always CoTH!   :wink:

Shatho

We did the pre-nerf fight with three groups very easily.  Mostly a Time / GoD geared guild.  We went in last night with three groups and didn't last 10 seconds.  No way am I going to be able to get 5 groups that it's going to take to get this fight done now.  Ridiculous.

Wrek Increw Druid
Mens  Monk
Quellious

Hurath

heh wiped with 22 ele peops on Terrew Marr.  Don't see me doing this with anything less than 30 really and of the right classes.  Gonna be tough but i think the beasts of my guild and another guild are gonna try an ally to pull both our guilds together to get this encounter done.  I laugh cuz the uber peops probably got their stuff done prior the patch and now us guys who aren't as uber and had the quest therefore take longer for us end up with a fight 3x as hard as it had previously been.  I did think the fight sounded too easy b4 revamp but now its just insane.  Hope Sony compromises until then i guess i put quest on hold :/

my 2cp.  

Hurath
67 beastlord
under the legion of the
Cursed Brotherhood
on Terrew Marr

Rhaynne

It sounds like they may have gone overboard...

However, in comparison to many of the other class epic 1.5, ours was far too easy.  The only bottleneck of any significance was in ME.  The last two "raid" fights could be done with 2 people (Girplan) and a group and a half or so for the final fight.

Compare this to the mage, enchanter, monk, warrior, wizard, necro, ranger, druid, rogue, paladin and sk epics (all of which I have been involved in) and you will see just how incredibly simple ours was.

negrismorte

Quote from: RhaynneThe last two "raid" fights could be done with 2 people (Girplan) and a group and a half or so for the final fight.

The 2nd to last fight (Girplan) is not likely doable by 2 people of ele gear or below.  I don't know what all has or hasn't changed since the patch, but I did this fight after the patch.

Girplan was only partially slowable and hits in the 800s.  Pet pulling didn't work - even with rune V and Virtue.  The pet just died too fast.  It looked like the pet was summoned while it was returning - this happened at least 5 times before we tried something else.

Khelindros

I can confirm that (for me) pet pulling worked. i used level 54 pet, focused /w summoners boon, fireblade, mardu mask, 500 hp girdle and most important SOW. sent in in backed it off and made it no problem. i dont even have pet hold command. just spammed /pet back off. i trio'd this with 67 mage, me 68 bst and a 69 cleric. no problem. you can do it just need patience.

Edit: just wondering what does the girplan have to do with the final fight?
:roll:
Khelindros Dragonfury <Rising Darkness>
70 Wildblood
FV Server
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=912453

Rhutubok

When do the warders spawn exactly? When the DDA is aggroed or do they spawn upon turn in?

If they spawn upon turn in, I would set up the encounter EMP style trying to keep CC in the room and fight DDA up the steps. Have OTs with pre-targets, DA pally to pull, etc. My fear would be DDA turning on an OT before he could make it up the steps.

If the warders don't spawn until DDA is aggroed, this obviously would be alot harder to pull off. Of course, if the reports that warders can be singled from DDA are correct, this event may not have be any more difficult, just different. /shrug

Rhutubok
Oger on Brell
Rhutubok Dreadpaw
65 Beasty of Brell

negrismorte

Quote from: KhelindrosEdit: just wondering what does the girplan have to do with the final fight?
:roll:

Since you are apparently going to be the topic police or self appoionted train derailer ... it doesnt have anything to do with the "final fight."   It addresses a statement made in a previous post.  :shock:

Tukash

QuoteThe last two "raid" fights could be done with 2 people (Girplan) and a group and a half or so for the final fight.

No way my guild could do Girplan with 2 people (a grp sure, based on some of the strats I read) or the final fight as it was with a grp and 1/2.  Yes those of you that are elly or beyond could have done it.   But again the 1.5 was supposed to be geared towards the casual player.  I don't consider elly+ casual.  Its comments like these that need to be clarified on the levels of people that are able to do them.  I'm not slamming you Raynne but looking at your gear.. Yea a grp and 1/2 of similiar equiped could have done it.  Not a grp and 1/2 from my guild which is a family guild and Ornate equiv equiped, high end LDoN, and maybe some GoD gear.[/quote]
Tukash - Feral Lord, Tarew Marr

Khelindros

Not trying to be "topic police" or "derail any trains" but it is *very* frustrating to look on the boards for your topic...which is all your interested in reading about just to find out that its now the Final Fight is now all about how to find the Ogre in CT. its silly. thats why there are topics...i'm pretty sure. so you can post info about that topic, in that thread. Could be just me /shrug. Do us all a favor post CT strat in CT thread. post Final Fight info under Final Fight thread. So when we see someone new post something we know it is relavent to what we are actually searching for. thanks.

68 Beastlord
FV server
70 Wildblood
FV Server
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=912453

Vidyne

Turn in cloak to lady

Spawns Animist + 5 pets

and yes you have the best strategy to have offtanks assigned and targeted.

And yes you have the right fear.
DDA turning and ganging with his pet on an offtank before MA warrior can get the aggro needed to yank him away without also getting the pet on himself too.

A ballad of controlling aggro perfectly, because to tank 2 now is death, anyway you put it.

How exactly does DA work anyone know?
Im not a pally so I dunno.

5 Pallies as offtanks, 8k+ def aaed
1 Warrior as MT, 10k+ def aaed

1 pally, your weakest to Target DDA and stun him along with the offtanks stunning.

5 clerics for the pallies.
5 slowers for the offtanks ideally

1 slower for DDA and 2 clerics for the MA.

5 pallies get target, 1 lil pally gets target DDA and DAs, then stuns animist as other pallie sstun theirs.

Lil pally runs in to animist, Pets run to Offtanks
Lil Pally is immune to damage for how long?

Warrior taunts aggro off lil pally while shaman slows, lil pally could also keep stunning to hold aggro as long as possible maybe even use him as suicide to get the mob slowed.

Slowers hopefully Def aaed and good hp, immediately slow adds and offtanks begin.

Second Tank calls assist and is MA and takes down first warder with all dps.

Warrior tanking DDA and his group just hold DDA somewhere away from raid a bit and stay alive.

Second Tank leads dps through all 5 warders one at a time.

Warrior might be dying at this point, depending on the quality of his healers and group.

Reslow Animist, Nuke and dot him to death, all pets in to him to, back off if need.  Melee get to sit and watch and heal/etc if they can.

This is how I see it working now.

However there is no putting Beastlords or Rangers to tank now.

There is no having one slower slowly slow them all
Would say 3 slowers for offtanks is minimum, and 1 for DDA alone.

Im not even sure you can have druids as healers now.

You must have Plate tanks and dang fine ones(Pre elemental, Im sure some Time Beast will say he tanked them post upgrade, and yes... thats fine... now lets get back to the casual player)