Main Menu

pets and traps

Started by Stingite, July 23, 2004, 05:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stingite

This was just asked on my guild boards:

QuoteWhat happens when a pet walks over a trap? Doesn't it set off the trap and get the aggro?

I have no answer.  Anyone?  Traps in this instance = traps that spawn a mob.  I'm trying to remember if my warder ever walked over an LDoN trap or a Vex Thal trap while all PCs were out of agro range of the trap, but I can't remember.  Also, might be good to know as I'm one flag away from PoE now and just thinking of all the multiple traps there.  I'm positive they can set traps off . . . not sure about them getting the agro from the trap.

<--shrug

Help an iksar out on this one, would ya?  Might mean the difference between me suspending my pet or /guard then summoning my pet more often or not.  Would the new levitating pet feature help abate pets setting off traps?

Thanks in advance!

VoS Jamond

Pets are non-aggro.  They won't set the trap.
~Jamond~

Level 70 Barbarian Beastlord

*Veil of Shadows*

*Luclin Server*

Meowsa

Pets don't set off the traps in Griegs End.  Those are the only ones I'm certain of.

Eatbugs

As far as I can tell, they don't set off traps in Earth either.  (Of course, I spend more time watching for adds than paying attention to whether my newt has pathed across a trap while pulling in Earth, so I may be wrong.)

Either way, pets don't get aggro unless they're already attacking.  (And even players don't automatically get aggro from trap spawned mobs in Earth, by the way.)
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal