Main Menu

Feral Swipe Improvements Post 65

Started by Iskandar, September 17, 2004, 09:07:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iskandar

I'm not sure if this is old news or not (didn't see any mention of it elsewhere), but Feral Swipe seems to improve after 65. In 66, I noticed two H2H skill-ups with FS while using a 2HB weapon -- I never realized it was based off our H2H skill (unless this is new). I had another skillup in 67, and also noticed that the max damage has increased from 296 to 301. I'm curious to see what it will do at 70 now, with max skills -- it'd be nice if this leads to it being a bit more consistent for damage. :)
Wildcaller Iskandar Darkpaw --  80 Beastlord, Cohort Chalybeius, Cazic Thule

"Didn't ya hear? That which doesn't kill you makes ya stronger. So suck it up, OK?" ~C.C.
"That which doesn't kill me makes me stronger. That which does kill me I will hunt down after I respawn." ~D.H.

Tumling

Cap on piercing, 1hb and 2hb has been changed, you getting skillups in H2H might just be a bug.

Doomringer

I beleive the stat caps for 1hb 2hb and piercing were elevated to 250 at Level 60. The skill ups he was seeing was post 65 where the stat caps for all our weapon skills was raised to 270 at level 70. I don't know anything about FS skill or what weapon skill it is based off of.
Doomringer Loneclaw
Feral Lord Vah Shir
Firiona Vie
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=925159

Iskandar

Aye, this is all after 65. At 67, my H2H caps seem to be 258 and the max Feral Swipe so far is 301. In fact, my 258 skillup came from Feral Swipe (I've been using the Cranial Bludgeoner 2HB for melee, so a H2H skillup is pretty noticeable :P)

"Didn't ya hear? That which doesn't kill you makes ya stronger. So suck it up, OK?" ~C.C.
"That which doesn't kill me makes me stronger. That which does kill me I will hunt down after I respawn." ~D.H.

Rhaynne

Your max hit went up because your damage bonus went up.  Damage bonus (for 1 handed) at 66 is 13 but is 14 at 67.

Zerh

Feral Swipe is still a joke, 9aa aint worth it, even Charisma sound better  :wink:

Iskandar

At 70, the max seems to be 336, though the most common max hits seems to be 306 and 321.

Moffett

Feral swipe would be better if it had a 2-3 second stun. Would make the 9 aa and unreliability vs stun effect a good balance.

Tastian

Also be a lot more aggro that most of us can't afford hehe.  Having some sort of effect on it or just having more reliable higher damage would be great.  *shrugs* still on the top 10 list so hopefully it gets changed for the better soon.