Main Menu

GamParse v1.0.3 - Gam's EQ Log Parser updated !!

Started by Gamanern, January 01, 2010, 04:37:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gamanern

Well, it has been over a year since my last update as there hadn't been any pressing issues. I have added a few extra features to make my own life easier, especially for tracking chat, and updating live DPS overlays significantly.

For details see the changelog and screen shots later in this post.

Give it a try, let me know if you like it, or if there is anything that you would like added to it. Obviously any changes will need to fit with the capabilities of the program.

You can check out the GamParse website at: GamParse website

Or you can just straight to the download page: Downloads page

Information to help you getting started is available at: Getting started

As the full instructions can be found: Full instructions

And you can view the full changelog here: Change log

As always, feel free to share this program within your guild, but please link back to this post on this forum so they can get my little sales pitch. :D

GamParse v1.0.3 - January 1st, 2010

* Updated live DPS overlay:
--- DPS is shown with a bar chart behind it showing relative DPS across players
--- You are shown on a red bar
--- Other players are shown on a blue bar
--- You can select between showing top 5, 10, 15 and 20 players
--- Your own DPS will always be shown even if outside of the selected number of players
--- Rankings will be shown for each player
--- Updated overlays to force them to the top every 5 minutes for those with other programs competing to be on top

* Updated how overlays are positioned. You can now place overlays into any screen, not just the primary screen.

* Added chat tracking:
--- Tracks main channels: Group, Guild, Raid, Fellowship, OOC, Shout, Auction and Say
--- Tracks all joined channels
--- Tracks tells, allowing you to select individual conversations, or all tells to you or from you
--- You can select multiple lines to see multiple channels or conversations together
--- You can set your filter to show all chat, or limit it by time, and clear the chat area so only new chat appears
--- And you can select any chat lines you wish to share, and then copy the selected lines to the clipboard

* Doubling clicking on an item on the Loots tab will now attempt to open the Lucy entry for that item.

* Added the new glyphs to 'special' tracking.

Screen shots:

The new Live DPS overlay, showing up to 20 players at once:

Chat tracking, so you can quickly recap that conversation in tells, or in guild chat, and then share portions of it.

Bumkus

I finally had a chance to run 1.0.3, but I seem to have more problems with crashing.  Sometimes a get a .net error message out of the blue and other times I seem to have problem just opening a log when EQ is running.  Not sure if this is because the log is getting written to as I am reading it.

Anyway, wanted to see if this was just something on my system or if others have had crash issues with latest version of GP.

Gamanern

What does the message say?

Also it is designed to work with a log file that is constantly being written to.

Bumkus

Let me reload 1.0.3 and I will write down the error message next time.  I was getting the error when the parser was already loaded and running.

I was having a separate problem opening loading logs while in EQ.  I would load last 24 hours and it would start to load quickly, but then the load bar would grind to a halt and just stop.

I am running Vista if that makes any difference.

Bumkus

Here is error message that pops up while running Gamparse 1_0_3_1 in Vista.

Microsoft .NET Framework

Unhanded exception has occurred in your application.  If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue.  If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Parameter is not valid

It gives me 2 options.  Continue or Quit

Sometime I can click continue and GP runs ok for awhile.  Other times the message just pops back up every time I press continue, until eventually I just close it and restart.  I don't recall this error when running Gamparse 1_0_2_5 or Gampars 1_0_0_5

Gamanern

By any chance to you look at graphs much. I think I have seen seen a problem when you have a certain graph up when you change to another fight, so likely something needs to be cleaned up with blanking the graph when the next fight is selected.

Bumkus

I have looked at graphs, typically on longer fights, but most of the time I am on the tabs looking for total dps by player.  I am pretty sure I did not look at a charts before getting the error message last night.

Sometimes I will copy/paste to EQ to post dps in channel, but I don't use the live dps overlays in GP.

Now I do generally run GTT and GP at the same time. Not sure if that makes a difference.

I will let you know if I can identify anything that might correlate to this message.  It sounds like this is an isolated issue with my machine, since no one else has said they get the same error message.

Kanan

I've been having to turn off GTT bcs it is lagging me in EQ.  I don't know why, since I used to run it, in an earlier iteration with no issues at all.  I am going to test it out in a different zone, since I've been mainly wanting it for the timer on para etc for Fippy event, so that's been the zone I've been doing it in, and getting the lag.  I'm going to be in DPoB this weekend (heh.. 2.5 farm raid.. should be interesting), so I'll give it a try there and see how things go in there.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Brane

During guild parses our parser who uses GamParse is upable to parse the damage of the mage pets, apparently it does not show up. He is a melee class and close to the mobs in most cases.

Any solution for that please?

Inphared

Quote from: Brane on January 30, 2010, 12:51:46 AM
During guild parses our parser who uses GamParse is upable to parse the damage of the mage pets, apparently it does not show up. He is a melee class and close to the mobs in most cases.

That's not a parser problem. That's an EQ problem. EverQuest does not report pet non-melee damage to any player but the pet's owner. There is no fix.

Gamanern

Quote from: Kanan on January 29, 2010, 02:46:02 PM
I've been having to turn off GTT bcs it is lagging me in EQ.  I don't know why, since I used to run it, in an earlier iteration with no issues at all.  I am going to test it out in a different zone, since I've been mainly wanting it for the timer on para etc for Fippy event, so that's been the zone I've been doing it in, and getting the lag.  I'm going to be in DPoB this weekend (heh.. 2.5 farm raid.. should be interesting), so I'll give it a try there and see how things go in there.

Try the following link. It is a quick edit only, where I slowed down the speed it updated the timers. With the scroll bars it looked smoother to update it alot ... but seems for some people that creates alot of lag.

This version is identical, but instead of updating 20 times a second, it updates only once per second, so it should greatly reduce your lag.

http://gambosoft.com/GamTextTriggers/GamTextTriggers_1_0_0_7_No_Installer_LowUpdateRate.zip

Let me know how it goes.

Gamanern

Quote from: Brane on January 30, 2010, 12:51:46 AM

The pets are being parsed, they just aren't being linked to their owners. Unlike beast pets, they don't have really easily linked pet names.

Either they have disabled joining of pets to owners in options, or the link information just isn't being provided.

If you target a pet and then do the command "/pet leader" or use the leader button on the pet window, the pet will speak its owner's name, and GamParse will link that pet to the owner. The command can only be used by pet classes, but as you are a beastlord, that shouldn't be a problem, but for me as a warrior and raid leader, it sucks balls that I can't get a pet's name.

As Inphared says, the non-melee will be invisible to everyone but the owner of the pet, so if they are using fire pets, you won't see the pets appearing on the parse at all.