Main Menu

POR Raiding

Started by jitathab, May 23, 2006, 12:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jitathab

Hi, anyone got a link to the basics of where to start raiding in PoR?  I saw somewhere that ToB is around Qvic'ish so would make an interesting "slack" raid to do.

Kanan

comment I've heard on some of the ToB mobs is that they drop qvic level loots except that they don't have the nice foci that qvic loots have.

The flagging mobs are, of course, significantly harder.

Relic has some decent raid mobs with loot a lot nicer than they are hard, esp the dragons.  Don't quote me on it, but I think one is a hat dragon, one's a bracer and one a umm.. boot?  They may just randomly drop armors, but I know they do drop hats & bracers for certain.  The leather bracer has the DP boot focus on it and is quite a nice item... /pets teh pwetty bracer.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Shamno

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/itemlist.html?searchtext=Spirit+Totem+Etched

Cold Focus amd spell Haste, for spell focus effects. Pretty good armor all around Combat Effects and Avoidance all around great stuff if you choose your unviisible slots wisely. No actual Shielding though, but over all I would say better then Qvic gear in the way of focus and relavant spell increases to todays beastlord.

Kanan

except for the tunic, those effects to actually look a bit better for real use now than qvic armor.  And flagging for it is significantly easier too ;p
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Essant

Basically, its good stuff for alts and occasionally really gimp new recruits.

You can pretty much forget about going into ToB and "one grouping" trash for armor.  Mobs have pretty insane regen and take a very significant amount of dps to put down.  While not nearly as extreme, about the best comparision I can make would be one group xp grinding on M'Sha's.  Trash has AE's that are significant DD's, snares, and I think mana drains and casting time gimps as well.

But if you have a raid in there clearing stuff and some drops and you have an alt thats ToB flagged on a second account, its not so bad.

Raid bosses in ToB are pretty tough, hard to say whether they are + / - demiplane or not, some are, some arent, they CERTAINLY dont have as interesting raid mechanics to them.

But about the only thing remotely 'Qvic' level about ToB is the armor drops not the mobs.
Elder Essant Le'Fur
70 Vah Shir Beastlord of the Rathe
Brotherhood of the Spider
My Stuff!