Main Menu

Begging With Pet

Started by Damudge Deeler, April 28, 2004, 02:16:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damudge Deeler

Can you still get skill ups by beggin from your pet? I am at 3, and I never skill up on it. I make sure that he is in range and I get a beg message.

ANy ideas?
www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=19594 Monk

www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=681851 Druid

www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=808334 Beastlord

Dakat

I've never tried it on my pet. So I can't answer that question.  I have some information and also want to ask a question myself.

I was in my low teens and was hunting in Oasis.  To get my begging skill up some, I would go to the Dervish Cutthroat camp and beg them.  They will usually give coin and sometimes a bandage or an item like food.  You have to be non-diety I guess, they were indifferent to me at the time.

There was a spot in East Freeport where I used to go. There was a guy in the bad section of town, under docks where Rogue guild people are. You can beg from him all day long and he never got angry and skill went up as normal.  Takes time though.

The question I have, the person or NPC that you are begging from has to be blue to you or higher before you can get a skill up?  Or can you do it to anyone for a skill up?

Damudge Deeler

I do know that they need to be blue or higher. You cannot skill up on a greenie.

There was a good macro here awhile ago that someone used to start a fight with to get it up.
www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=19594 Monk

www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=681851 Druid

www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=808334 Beastlord

Krunkk

I know, well... am pretty darn sure that Rogues can practice PP on pets still, so dont see why beg wouldnt work

Dakat

I've noticed while running from Oasis to Nro camp after an LDON, I was able to beg and receive coin from a Dervish Cutthroat from camp 2.

I only did it twice and got like 3gp each. Never stayed long enough to check out skill increase.

As far as getting skill ups on only blue +, I dont think thats totally accurate.  You don't get exp from mobs that are green true, but not 100% assured on begging.

For instance, your swimming skill goes up when swimming (When you use the skill). It has nothing to do with any mob whatsoever.

Just a thought, maybe someone could test this out further.

Tastian

Swimming doesn't invovle a mob though it invovles water and there aren't different cons of water.

Beg worked on pet long as it was blue last I tested.  Doesn't even have to be your pet, used to raise my beg on my monk by hitting up my mage's pet.

sinhuit

I have a beg skill of 192.  You used to able to raise it using your pet but no longer .  You need to target at least a lb con (thanks Shady)) and hit beg.

Starree-TP

Hi Everyone,

I have a silly question to ask.  Why would you want to increase begging?  I use to play EQ and just got back after a year's absence.  You use to only get a few copper from begging and that was it.  What has changed?

Starre Night
58 Vah Shir Beastlord
Tholuxe Paells

Oneiromancer

The reason would be if Begging could be used as a poor man's (literally! ;) ) taunt, if perhaps gave you more hate when used in combat.  Even if it does work, which I believe hasn't really been proven (i.e., it may make an npc attack you, but it might not give you more hate after that), it's likely not much and so really isn't worth it.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Eatbugs

I've known Warriors who used the Begging skill as part of their Taunt hotkey, although frankly I think that was more desperation than anything else.  As far as I know, a critical fail on a beg gives you a very small amount of hate one time only, and that's it for that mob.

There's one excellent reason for raising Begging right now if you do much in GoD - one stage of the Breakdown in Communication quest requires a fairly high skill in begging.  Since the end reward of that quest is the best augment in the game, it's probably worth the time.  Who knows, they may put other quests in that require it...
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Starree-TP

Ahh, I see Eatbugs, thank you.

Now that is a good reason to increase begging.  I'm glad they made the skill usefull for something.

Starree Night
58 VS Beastlord
Tholuxe Paells

Felidae

Why increase begging? Why increase alcohol tolerance?  For that matter  why play EQ?

Same answer to them all .... because its there and we've nothing better to do.

Kylaz

QuoteWhy increase begging?

The new "Breakfast in Communication" Quest in GoD requires begging a NPC to complete.

Using that skill in quests make sense - it should have been used more often (please, mister NPC, give me this item)
Kylaz - Feral Troll
Main Entry:liz·ard
Etymology:Middle English liserd, from Middle French laisarde, from Latin lacerta (Date:14th century)
1 : any of a suborder (Lacertilia) of reptiles distinguished from the snakes by a fused inseparable lower jaw, a single temporal opening, external ears, and eyes with movable lids; broadly : any relatively long-bodied reptile (as a crocodile or dinosaur) with legs and tapering tail

Ttony

Quote from: Kylaz

The new "Breakfast in Communication" Quest

I'll take 2 eggs over easy and a side of bacon please!
Ttony Ttiger
70 Vah Shir Beastlord
Raeign Foraeist
65 Froglok Cleric
Pyin Tupanger
57 Half Elf druid

Kylaz

Quote from: Ttony
Quote from: Kylaz

The new "Breakfast in Communication" Quest

I'll take 2 eggs over easy and a side of bacon please!

:lol:  - I guess I was hungry at the time
Kylaz - Feral Troll
Main Entry:liz·ard
Etymology:Middle English liserd, from Middle French laisarde, from Latin lacerta (Date:14th century)
1 : any of a suborder (Lacertilia) of reptiles distinguished from the snakes by a fused inseparable lower jaw, a single temporal opening, external ears, and eyes with movable lids; broadly : any relatively long-bodied reptile (as a crocodile or dinosaur) with legs and tapering tail