Main Menu

Buffs

Started by rhorse, July 23, 2004, 02:58:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rhorse

I have been told that I over buff the dog. I almost give him all the buffs I use. Except for health, Protect.
I'm at lvl 53 right now what buffs should I be using on the dog. Solo or in a grp.

Thanks

JillieMT

If I am grouped, or I am solo and I am tanking, I just give him the pet buffs and any dexterity buffs available. In my current case, IoS and Dexterity.

If I am solo and using him to tank, I give em everything that sticks.
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

VoS Jamond

I have pet affinity, so he gets whatever the raid gets.  The only buffs I throw on him personally are Rellic, Arag's, and sometimes Calliav (depending on the MoB of course :wink: ).
~Jamond~

Level 70 Barbarian Beastlord

*Veil of Shadows*

*Luclin Server*

Tastian

As usual it depends what you are doing.  If my pet is just biting mobs in the back then they'll get pet haste, pet proc, dex buff.  That's the standard.  If I'm kiting, or pet might tank, or for other situations then I buff as I see fit.  I try not to buff what won't be used in most cases and it can be a bit of a drain to buff up and then med back if you throw a lot of buffs onto pet.

Xarilok

Well, considering your first statement, "I've been told" I am assuming that you are NOT soloing, as doing so would not have anyone else to tell you anything.  So, as for grouping buffs for the warder, I go with:

Pet haste
Pet proc
Dex
IoS (when I get it)

Never buff a pet with Stamina, as it does NOTHING for pets.

I don't bother with HP buffs, atk buffs, str or resist buffs, as my pet has nice resists as is, and a few extra HP really don't help when it takes 2 pet heals to heal her from 25% to full anyway.
Venerable Xarilok Loungelizard - 62 Beastlord and Cat-Hater extrordinaire.