Main Menu

Suspend minion + sow...

Started by Tastian, July 22, 2004, 10:08:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tastian

This was an old issue where you would suspend your pet with sow on then once you unsuspended them they'd still have the sow icon, but wouldn't be moving as fast as they should.  I've gotten a couple reports recently of this happening, but I've ran a few tests and can't get it to happen.  Basically I just pick two set points and running with pet unsow'd.  The pet is clearly behind me and even out of range when I arrive, then I sow pet and they stay right with me the whole way, then I suspend and unsuspend and do again.  Pet is still keeping up with me after I unsuspend.  Pet isn't getting lost in pathing or anything on any tests that I can see.  If anyone is still having this issue please let me know where at so I can test it and pass it along.

Dakat

Dont know for sure, but sometimes my pet falls behind.  Not because of sow not being the same speed or not working, but because the pet is an NPC and follows the same path an NPC would.

With a bard with you and selo's on the pet, its always at my heel when I stop.

Dummkopf

Never tested SoW on my pet, due to pathing it is normally way behind me anyway. However levitation follow the same rule as SoW used to do, my pet floats, i suspend it, unsuspend it, it doesnt float but still has the buff on.

Tastian

hehe thanks, but uhhhhh that doesn't help me.  8P  This was a known bug for a bit.  I believe hrann commented on it, I got some e-mails, etc.  If I run in a straight line with my pet unbuffed (me with run AA) and watch in 3rd person so pet doesn't get lost in pathing I pull way ahead of my pet.  If I give my pet sow they stay with me.  If I suspend/unsuspend they still stay with me.   If I dispell sow they fall behind hehe.  Is anyone actually still having an issue with this and if so where?  The case of a pet falling behind as you zip through PoJ just happens because of pathing.  On a straight run though where you can watch your pet fall behind/keep up I need to know if people still have an issue.  Oh and watching pet levi was weird the first couple times it hit after patch hehe.