Main Menu

Uber Pet

Started by Gnarlena, July 26, 2004, 03:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gnarlena

What combination of items, spells, augments, and AA's will produce the most destructive and resilient pet?  This is not for a one time maximum, but for a routine pet with easily acquired equipment and spells.  

My goal is to see what AA's I need, what summoned items to buy, what auguments to attain for summoning, and what spells that I and others need to cast on the pet for it to be "uber."
Predator Gnarlena Dietrich
68 Feral Lord, Fennin Ro

Tastian

Well, first log in a mage...

Oh you mean an uber beastlord pet?  Well let's see...

-  Pet focus.  LDoNs DPoC is easiest to get for most.  However, there are better focus effects in time and GoD (slightly better still!! lol).

-  Pet affinity.  This costs 20AA.  However, it lets your pet catch group buffs, MGBs, group heals, radiant cures, etc.

-  Warders fury.  Gives pet crits, 5 ranks X 3 points each.

-  Warders alacrity.  This gives pet crits, 5 ranks at 3/6/9/12/15 cost scale.

-  Pet mend.  Gives you lay on hands for pet, not on pet specifically, but very major.  Pet mend costs 5 AA, and you can buy 3 ranks of Hastened mending at 2 points each to bring pet mend refresh down to 9 mins.

-  Pet gear.  From a mage.  Set of phantom plate if you want.  Belt of magi kot.   Muzzle of mardu.  Get pet weapons for the extra hps/proc depending or go with your own weapon choice.

-  Weapon choice.  From above.  You can give pet snare or stun weapons as you want, or just go with magi weapons.  If you really want uber throw some SHFD on pet for 625 proc.

-  Buff pet with whatever you see fit.  Some will throw haste/proc/dex on pet and be done.  Some get pet virtue and other buffs if they don't have pet affinity.  Stamina doesn't incrase pet hps.  

Truth be told standard pet is pretty uber, but all of the above will upgrade them further.  I'm sure I missed somethings that others will throw in, and correct mistakes I made.  8P

Chubaka

Quote from: TastianWell, first log in a mage...

LOL there he goes, trtying to stir up the mages again. hehehe
Chubaka
65 Beast
Terris Thule

Magelo
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=934088

Coprolith

QuoteLOL there he goes, trtying to stir up the mages again. hehehe
Hey, that is sound advice for a beastlord. I always log in my mage first to summon some pet toys.  :)

Seriously tho, mage pet toys are the easiest and cheapest way to increase our warder's power. More then ever now that our warders zone with us. A bag of summoned phantom plate armor and a bag of summoned jewelry will do more for our warder's tanking ability then any buff. Two summoned Fists of Ixiblat will increase our warder's damage output more then Warder Alacrity 5 and Warder's Fury 5 together from their procs alone.

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III
Trollie ferrul lawd of 65 levels (retired)

Ralima

so would you have to take everything out of the bag and then give to your pet, or will pet use them if you just give him the bag of armor?
Elder Ralima Starfeather - 65 beastlord - The Rathe

Coprolith

You'll have to take everything out of the bag before you give the items to the warder.

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III

Gnarlena

So far these responses are confirming what I suspected.  I am still a bit hazy on spells for pet buffs though.  I see some people just put on pet haste/proc while others say to put on the works.  I want to make my pet uber, and am willing to put on as many buffs as necessary (without stamina) but want to make sure they are doing some good for the mana expenditure.  Does the strength buff give any adds or is the pet already maxed out in that category?  Other than virtue, what other classes' spells would help out the warder?
Predator Gnarlena Dietrich
68 Feral Lord, Fennin Ro

Coprolith

Tastian has shown that STR buffs or straight ATK buffs do very little for our warders. I generally throw IoS on the pet for the dexterity and what little he gets from the STR component is a minor bonus. Mostly i do it because IoS lasts longer then our straight DEX buff. IoS and Dexterity is unnecessary, the warders proc rate will cap out after either one. Other then these buffs, i bother only with AC and hp's buffs, and only when i know there's a good chance the pet will be tanking, like when im 3boxing LDoNs. On multiple mob pulls the pet may have to tank 2 or 3 mobs simultaneously until i can get all of them slowed. In my case the warder gets Pot9, Kragg and Shifting Shield, on top of the mage toys.

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III

rhorse

Just what is IoS?

Bengali

IoS is Infusion of Spirit.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Felidae

Additional note, I Spirit of Wolf/Shrew my pet so it can keep pace with me.

Tastian

IoS
4:     Increase STR by 50
5:    Increase DEX by 55
6:    Increase STA by 45

Taurius

QuoteStamina doesn't incrase pet hps.

I did not know this...  I guess I can stop wasting mana by casting my STA buff on my pet now!  lol

kierstaad

Typically I cast Furious Str, Dex, Spiritual Brawn (for the hp and attk), Altuna, pet proc, Shifting Shield, Sow/Shrew, and clicky pet buff from Khati Sha pants.  Magician pet items are a major enhancement and I recommend them all the time.  The zoning pets has really made this even that much better.  I may be going overbored a hair with the pet buffs but I like him having the extra hp and such heh

Choppin

hmm if I could duplicate myself and have myself as pet, that would be an uber pet !
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord