Main Menu

Parses: pet damage, focus effects, etc...

Started by Tastian, August 29, 2005, 04:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tastian

I don't have a minion of darkness focus and haven't been in a situation where one would rot thus far.  If at some point down the road I come into one then I will probably burn another day(ish) and add it in.  For now though I don't see that happening any time soon; especially with all the other things I'll be parsing once the new expansion goes live.  It's between summoner's boon and MoE, closer to SB from what I've seen, but I don't have hard numbers on it.

didymusx

Some of yall may want to realize that some of us dont have that many options tho, I'm in a non-dkp guild and stuff doesn't rot much for us to get extras.. since we are moving through gates progression and havent quite gotten to anguish as of yet.  Also, from what I'm hearing the new spell pet we get from dodh will be affected also by focus items... I have a MoE focus and I don't wear it except during pet summon, but with that new spell I may decide to put it on permanently.. I totally agree with the distribution factor too.. Just my experience, but they sem to drop off the least killed mobs we do...
for example, ring from Primals... we did them 3 times, that it...  the aug in ikkinz 1 never dropped (think it was MoE)... the earring from txevu, as far as I know it only drops from that Zun and we will only be killing him maybe twice... the qvic boots.. ever since server mergers we havent even hit a msha and hardly done cyno or "zoo" ... cause there is always a group or 2 there from merger guilds... farming for ALTS/BOTS!!!

Pakratz

Yeah this is an old post, but i want to reply anyway.  Great job Tastian - you really put your heart into these things.  I'd like to point out 2 things:
1) Since DoD came out, BL will be using beastial empathy all the time in place of nukes and dots, etc.  That spell gets benefit from having the focus worn at the time so you can't swap gear in and out like you used to.  Hence there is a penalty for having to wear a focus item except in the rare case where that is the best item you have available for that slot.

2) Have to disagree that focus does nothing else for warder beyond the tiny dps boost.  The absolute best part of a focus item imo is the fantastic warder regen rate.  If you're soloing or using pet to offtank, you'll have very liitle downtime after the fight for Toto to return to full health.  I believe he regens fully in about 1 min, maybe a tad longer.   I rarely heal him anymore, even on raids, i just back him off and he regens like a mofo.

Tastian

Thanks pak, I try.

With the new pet spell in depths pet focus basically became like poison damage focus or something else for us.  Some bst did basically lose the ability to swap it, but many find it's a good trade off since it makes the focus and progression matter more.  If I can get some time I'd like to do more parses of the pet with the various focuses, but I've got way too much on my shoulders...err plate atm.  8(

As for the tiny dps boost I think I was talking in referance to the upgrades in pet focus.  A pet has monster regen with DPoC and I'm not sure I've seen higher with the better focus effects.  I vaguely recall at one time darkness focus didn't actually give the big regen, but I'm not sure.  The real issue isn't a focus though, but rather the progression of them and what they grant.  I'd really like to finish up the next step of what you see started here, but I just haven't had the time or resources.

Thanks again for your feedback.  8)