Main Menu

Epic 2.0

Started by Ttony, September 14, 2004, 03:55:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hayyel

Last time I looked at the effect on Lucy it was a very short duration clicky pet only buff.

TheOriginalGronker

Quote from: jitathabDont like it im afraid, pretty ugly looking. Original Epics are far superior.
Uh .. yeah ... considering you've only seen the 'concept art' for the new ones.  Beast head on a stick breathing fire/something?  There is alot of potential there.  Compare after you see it in game plz thx.

jitathab

Oh right nice, people say they like it and you didnt say - wait to see it in game did you, no you pick on a single opinion. A piece of (bunnies) in a can gets called art at the Tate Modern but you dont have to say it looks good if you dont think it is. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2002/06/30/nart30.xml&sSheet=/news/2002/06/30/ixnewstop.html

Dont go making sarcastic comments of peoples opinions just because you disagree with it[/url]

Choppin

somehow even the epic 2 clicky seems rather ugh, I mean really 1 min every 10 mins your pet will deliver 20 dps more... and avoid a lil more dmg (cause it can tank oh so well the things you fight with a guild capable of completeing epic 2.0 )
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Bengali

Quote from: Choppinsomehow even the epic 2 clicky seems rather ugh, I mean really 1 min every 10 mins your pet will deliver 20 dps more... and avoid a lil more dmg (cause it can tank oh so well the things you fight with a guild capable of completeing epic 2.0 )

I don't think it will be anywhere near 20 dps, personally.  That's just my skepticism, but we know nothing about the proc rate that the pet will have when imbued by this.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Zurash Kittenclaws

I would much rather some form of stacking group attack buff that perhaps imbued the group with whatever proc our warders were currently using, I think that could be fun, as well as more useful.

SKs get a group lifetap effect, necros get a similar type effect that grants group hps/mana or similar, so I don't think an effect like that would be too out of line. :)
Elder Zurash Kittenclaws - 70 Beastlord - Lanys T'Vyl Server

Fionnah

QuoteSKs get a group lifetap effect, necros get a similar type effect that grants group hps/mana or similar, so I don't think an effect like that would be too out of line.

Yeah, a 100hp/20mana group regen proc would RULE.  All of a sudden big raids would have healer groups be 5 Clerics, 1 BST :D
Fionnah Shrekswife
66th Level Beastlady and her Valiant Steed, Donkey.
Final Destiny
Ayonae Ro

Trixta tha joka

The first epic is far more shiny heh still is... :D [/b]

Gamu - Rodcet

Quote from: Bengali
Quote from: Choppinsomehow even the epic 2 clicky seems rather ugh, I mean really 1 min every 10 mins your pet will deliver 20 dps more... and avoid a lil more dmg (cause it can tank oh so well the things you fight with a guild capable of completeing epic 2.0 )

I don't think it will be anywhere near 20 dps, personally.  That's just my skepticism, but we know nothing about the proc rate that the pet will have when imbued by this.

If you have a pet proc already up on your pet the epic click proc wont even work. I was like number 4 beast to get epic on Rodcet, so Ive been playing with it alot. If you dont have the pet proc up(spell version) and then click epic, it procs often, not a hell of a lot tho. Im not sure if the attack or hp goes up either if you have the pet spell proc up, I noticed no differnce once i click epic damage wise.

As you can imagine its quite stupid imo. In order for the epic click to do any good your pet needs to run around with no spell proc up because you cant click off pet spells like you can on yourself. I was hoping the latest patch would fix it, but no it hasnt. I also was hoping that the newest pet proc spell would allow it to be stackable. But after getting all my 66-68 spells, no dice. The epic click is a piece of shit, hope they fix it.
70 Wildcaller of Rodcet

Bengali

That's not entirely correct.  The epic click will work if you have another pet proc on it, but ONLY if you manage to get the epic click to be in a buff slot that's before the other proc buff.  Whichever proc buff is in the highest slot (in this case "highest" means closest to the first buff slot) is the one that will work.

Currently some people work around this problem by putting junk buffs on before their normal pet proc and then dispelling the junk buffs so that the pet has empty buff slots ahead of rellic or irionu or whatever.  Then when you click the epic, the buff will go into one of the empty slots, and take precedence over the normal proc.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Eatbugs

That's what I normally do, although even that doesn't work well in raid situations - MGB heals and Bard songs tend to take up the slots I've carefully kept open for the epic click effect.  I'm sure they'll fix it eventually.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal