Main Menu

After Completing 1.5

Started by Yzak, September 24, 2004, 07:53:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sharrien

Hmmm, fickle sort....maybe a dryad in JP has become infected?
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Eatbugs

Close!

You say, 'Hail, Rashara Wrualla'

Rashara Wrualla says 'I'm so glad you are here.  There is a gnoll here seeking to steal my very essence! How did I come upon such bad luck? I believe this gnoll heard about the theft of my warder's essence, and now it wants mine.  You must find it and spill its blood and take it to Muada forthwith!'

Apparently, this is an essential quest.

*cough* Sorry...

Update: the rear gnoll cave in the northwest has a new spawn - Dismal Darkpaw Mystic, red con at 69.  I'm guessing this is a raid mob, and the gnoll Rashara is referring to.

Update 2: Had to go somewhere for about 45 minutes, when I returned it had despawned.  Wonder if it spawned when I talked to Rashara...
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Falkonik

Here is the information I have gathered so far on the first steps to 2.0 regarding the mobs.

1) There is a named pheonix in PoAir on isle 3. Seems to be one groupable if you can get to him. (i have not completed this step yet).

2) Apparently there are 2 grimlings that I have heard are about the same difficulty as the sphinxes in RM. Locations, pathing, spawn, despawn all currently unknown to me right now as i dont have a tracker.

3) Jaggedpine Forest - I completed this step the other night with a single group of Time geared folk. Upon hailing the Elder a lvl 71 giant gnoll will spawn in the back of the Darkpaw caves 5 seconds after hail. He despawns 45 minutes later, but will respawn again after hailing the elder. He doesnt hit very hard, I didnt tank him so not sure how much he dishes out. Fully slowable. Has a ton of HP and a very nasty AE DoT that can easily be cured with antidote. Make sure that you have a healer or 2 with group heals and he is cake.....just takes about 10 minutes to kill.

Falkonik Cloudreaper
Blades of Wrath
Torvonillous

Moslow

I spoke to Rashara in JP a few days ago and there was more text.  After the initial hail, if you say "bad luck?" she will respond with more text.  At the end of this 2nd bit of text it says [not possible], but when you say "not possible?" she just replies back with something like hmm come back later i am busy or something.

Could be useful for part 2 of epic 2.0 who knows...

Eatbugs

Quote from: MoslowI spoke to Rashara in JP a few days ago and there was more text.  After the initial hail, if you say "bad luck?" she will respond with more text.  At the end of this 2nd bit of text it says [not possible], but when you say "not possible?" she just replies back with something like hmm come back later i am busy or something.

Could be useful for part 2 of epic 2.0 who knows...

I suspect you're just getting her old responses from the 1.5 quest - "luck" and "not possible" are the two phrases you use to trigger her request for help before the Dranik's Scar fight for 1.5.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Zerh

killed both grimlin, seems they are random spawn, i would say no ph ive checked the zone 2 times in like 4h, colonel was up the 2nd time (sebilis isnt farmed, cant believe someone killed some grimlin between my 2 checks)

Well then killed Colonel 1time, General 2time = 3 similar collar. for the french database the p25 is missing, thats probably a rare drop of the 2grims (?).

Moslow

Quote from: FionnahI've got the clay from air (still a bit of debate on whether it's BST or Shaman, they think it's ours, we think it's theirs...)

This appears to be the Feral Spirit Clay from the Spiritfrenzied Phoenix in Air.

Can you give some more detail on this NPC?  What level/con was it, how hard did he hit for, any AE or spells etc?

This is the last piece I need to do the combine, going to try and do it tomorrow night.  Appreciate any info on this mob, thanks.

jitathab

Look in the other thread about the Feral Spirit Clay.

Regarding Grimlings - can someone whos done them confirm what is needed to do them, what they drop, and so on. Did you have to speak with Husman as clue suggests?

Tarsq

Some info I found that I havent seen posted yet.

Grimling Forest:

[Tue Sep 28 18:27:04 2004] You say, 'I wish to end the great threat in the grimling forest'
[Tue Sep 28 18:27:05 2004] Scout Husman says 'Ah, I see you have come to help with the growing problem in the forest with the Grimlings. They were already a big enough problem, but some have changed and become ever more powerful and twisted.  There are two in particular trying to amass a powerful following. You will mostly likely find them wandering in the forest from time to time as they recruit. Good luck to you friend.'

Colonel was up and stationary at -240, 100 then roamed to +480, -750 and stopped again. Killed him there so dunno if he goes anywhere else. Killing Colonel spawned the general which was roaming and stopped at +500, +400 where I killed him.

Colonel Hits for 430, mostly successful slow, summons and casts Lesser Grimling Leech http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=2081&source=Test

General Hit for 491, mostly succesful slow, summons and casts Lesser Grimling Leech also.

Both were very easy to solo and dropped the eerie medallion http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=57025. Identical so dunno if theres a rare drop on them or not.

Jagged Pine:

Dismal Darkpaw Mystic in JP spawned at +3400 +380 in the gnoll caves Hit for 921 max, fully slowable and AE's Cessation of Health http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=4430&source=Test. He also likes to cast Shaman spells so has low melee damage but the DoT is a killer.

Hope that helps someone.
Tarsq of Test

jitathab

ouch the dot is nasty range 400 adjust -325 poison. 750hp a tick.

Interruptable - Yes, this sounds the key..

janabell

just 2 boxed the Gnoll with my husbands Shaman long long fight about 20 min and was touch ang go there a few times lost my pet 4x we ended up with 5 mana and just a few hundred hp's left, but got the blood
Janabell 75 Beast Lord
Guild Member of Iratus Lepus

Fionnah

QuoteCan you give some more detail on this NPC? What level/con was it, how hard did he hit for, any AE or spells etc?

Nothing special on the mob, it's on the phoenix island with Calebriogoth or whatever his name is.  Didn't remember anything special though, no exceptional DPS or anything like that.

However, it *is* Air and the Phoenix island tends to be double pulls, so I'd suggest 1 group of top guild members, 2 groups Time geared members.  Not for the fight, more to make sure that you make it *to* the fight, too many adds to just walk in with 1 group, likely to find out that your Cleric just got eaten by a wanderer that came up from behind.
Fionnah Shrekswife
66th Level Beastlady and her Valiant Steed, Donkey.
Final Destiny
Ayonae Ro

whabs

ok now that we have the clay the blood and the two medals from the grimlings does anyone have any idea what we do with them? He says we need several items and if thats a literal number then were missing a few items.

I have the two medals and will be killing the gnoll soon so Im not as far into 2.0 as other but has anyone tried giving the medals to scout in Grimling?

Eatbugs

Quote from: whabsok now that we have the clay the blood and the two medals from the grimlings does anyone have any idea what we do with them? He says we need several items and if thats a literal number then were missing a few items.

"Several" can mean four, so I think those four drops will do it.  Muada's text indicates we're to return to him once we have them, so he may have further instructions at that point.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

whabs

Ok does anyone know respawn time of mob in air? and has anyone with all 4 items tried hand in to let us know what happened?