Main Menu

Shaman got a hint on their epic why dont we

Started by Tigjer_TR, November 11, 2004, 07:08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tigjer_TR

I got this off another site

Epic 2.0 - Looking for Dev Response

Kinadorm 10.25.04

Shaman have been looking for the 4th mob that is corrupted by the Spirit of Might that we are supposed to kill during our Epic 2.0 quest. "The scurrying creature not bound to this realm." It is starting to look like the spawn is broken or the trigger for this mob is broken. Could a dev comment on if this mob is in the game and working as intended.
Vahlar-Dev 11.02.04
EQ Designer
Greetings all, Like I said, this quest is indeed working and the npcs are in and functioning. However, I can only watch you agonize over this for so long. I want you to have fun with this, not get stuck.

Because the clue is a bit nebulous and may have required too much interpretation on your part (though most have interpreted far more than I would have imagined...just not in the right way), I'm going to give you a minor hint in advance of a more obvious text update.

Here it is...
The creature is the same and it has always been scurrying about. However, when it is found, the insightful shaman will notice something that sets this creature apart from others affected by the spirit and how these differences may affect this part of the quest.
The text will updated in the next patch and provide a bit more detail so it is fair for those who may not read the boards.

Vahlar

zumu

cute, so shaman get a hint cause their quest is too nebulous... and they want them to have fun and not get stuck. thats awesome. well i guess ill go try 400 more combines today... ohhh no, no i wont cause im playing WoW! hope you guys made open beta, its a blast ) quests actually work right omg can you imagine...

Volsykat

This is from the HoC tonight.

Quote[21:14] <Maddoc> We are keeping an eye on the progress that each of the classes are making with the Epic 2.0's and will make adjustments if we feel it is necessary. We aren't at a point where we expect the epic 2.0's to be complete yet. We aren't overly concerned with player-progress / being stuck quite yet.
Volsykat Litterbox
66th Feral Lord of Solusek Ro
Sun Clan of Warriors

Bengali

That shaman "hint" seems more vague than the part that we're stuck on. :P
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Man0warr

Nebulous sounds alot like that rat in DN :P
rathe.Battlesaur Robotindisguise
Legend of Marr - The Rathe

VahlaraEQ-Dev

Just for the record, the shamans didn't really get a hint that clarified anything about their quest outside of wording that may have been misleading.  In fact, their hint wasn't really much of a hint at all if you look at it.  

There is no misleading information in the beastlord epic and I've tested it.  It's all working.

I've been watching the progress here and you just have to keep working at it.  You'll get there.  

Vahlar

Urim

QuoteThere is no misleading information in the beastlord epic
Of course there is no misleading information, cause there is no information at all. Here are 5 items, have fun!
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Volsykat

I have to agree with Urim Vahlara...we don't even have wording that tells us what tradeskills are needed, we're simply told "fashion these five items" and let loose.  It's not as simple as saying "craft this hat" or "combine these items" because it's far far more vague.  Given a fletching tool and a shaft, you know what to do with it; a hammer and some ore, the same.  But give random items, only one of which (the wood) denotes any sort of inherent craftsmanship, and told to fashion them without any idea how is something akin to a permanent roadblock.  If we were at least told we're missing an NPC to explain it or bless the items or something similar to that, it would give us some sort of direction.  As it is, though, Muada doesn't hint that we're missing information because he doesn't imply there is any more information outside what we have, and what we have is not enough to do anything besides stare dumbfounded.
Volsykat Litterbox
66th Feral Lord of Solusek Ro
Sun Clan of Warriors

Tigjer_TR

The shaman were given a 6 slot container for the combine, so they did not need to figure out what to combine in.
Their mistake was that they logicaly though they needed 6 items.
3 unique and 3 of same.
it ended up being 5 items, 3 unique and 2 of same.
Some shaman are now posting that they tried the "correct recepie" a while back and that it did not work.

Tigjer_TR

Quote from: VahlaraEQ-DevJust for the record, the shamans didn't really get a hint that clarified anything about their quest outside of wording that may have been misleading.  In fact, their hint wasn't really much of a hint at all if you look at it.  

There is no misleading information in the beastlord epic and I've tested it.  It's all working.

I've been watching the progress here and you just have to keep working at it.  You'll get there.  

Vahlar

What about our misleading quote on Epic 1.5?

Dreambringer

Sure we will stumble upon it eventually. But can you justify making this difficult for those of us that will be the first to accomplish this quest? I know devs are in no rush at letting out more information on the 2.0's. But, 7months down the road when an up-coming beast gets to this he will not even have to worry about this issue, he will just look up the correct answer and go about things without all this stress. It just makes no sense to me why devs would deliberatly not give us information. I know we may be beating a dead horse by even talking about this but come on, seriously, give us a break. It's bad enough we are placed at the bottom of the classes (see spells, pets, AA's, skills, epic clicky o.O etc) now we have to sit and spend god only knows how many hours doing combines until we find the correct answer. w/e talk to the tail.

zumu

Quote from: VahlaraEQ-Dev
I've been watching the progress here and you just have to keep working at it.  You'll get there.  Vahlar

if by "there" you mean a different game run by a different company you are correct. if you mean you seriously expect anyone to plow through more combines than whats already been tried you should be an amway salemen or something dude.

Burn
Rogue
test29

Cetathia

Being one of the first with all these items, i tried all combines i could imagine. I even used other tools, for each tradeskills, i used water, i used the enchanted mana vials, and i have found nothing that will combine.

I havent tried a single combine in many weeks, and dont think i will either. I spend 3 days just sitting doing combines, and imo the ME camp was more exciting than this  :wink:

I really enjoyed trying to solve the new Epic, and im looking forward to we will be "getting there", so we can continue  :roll:
Cetathia, Lady in leather!

Fionnah

Quote from: zumu
if by "there" you mean a different game run by a different company you are correct. if you mean you seriously expect anyone to plow through more combines than whats already been tried you should be an amway salemen or something dude.

Burn
Rogue
test29

I think that says it all.

Naliassa
24th Warlock
Test 38
Fionnah Shrekswife
66th Level Beastlady and her Valiant Steed, Donkey.
Final Destiny
Ayonae Ro

Panthur

Our items are no longer labled for use in tradeskills. Therefore no matter what we do, they will not be combining, now will they?  :shock: