Main Menu

Ok let's get started...

Started by Tastian, June 30, 2004, 07:38:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tastian

" We cannot ask them to lower our agro (which btw i do not find a problem) and in the next sentence ask them for one of the most agro causing lines of spells in existance. "

This just isn't true.  First of all malo is almost no aggro.  Tash is big aggro because of it's poison counters but malo is almost none.  I do see how a malo(ish) spell is overpowered and have said so many times in the past.  However, the issue of aggro on it simply isn't accurate.

" lets say you own a Porsche, you are going on a sunday drive on a very curvy road, if you keep it in 6th gear with the pedal on the floor the entire time you WILL crash and burn. Agro is not an issue if you do not jump in and Scorp venom, ice Spear then double Crit proc with your ED. beastlords run the ragged edge of agro."

This is also an issue of mine.  Taking your example the beastlord would be a....hrmmmm let's say a souped up civic (those seem to be too popular lately lol).  If you get in your porshe you do 130 and don't crash, you don't burn, you don't have any problems, but in the civic you do crash and you do burn and you do have problems and you have them well below 130.

Beastlords can get aggro from ED procs, from poison dots, from nukes, but the point is even a beastlord going full burn at the high end game is still well below a rogue or wizard or mage.  Why is it that on a ranged fight doing ~90dps (being VERY generous here imo figuring plague + TB + SV + nukes) a beastlord is well...summoned lol they are mauled and killed, but the ranger is doing 200+ dps, the wizard is doing 300+ dps, etc.

IF a beastlords were going full burn all the time and out damaging everyone in the game and that was getting them aggro then I wouldn't say a word.

IF beastlords were doing debuffing and landing slow + cripple on mobs and then getting aggro I again wouldn't say a word.

HOWEVER, you have beastlords that aren't slowing, they aren't debuffing they in a pure dps role, they are doing less dps than others around them and they still are signifigantly higher on the hate list.  There is no justification for this, there is no reason a beastlord doing 200dps should be smeared on the wall or literally fearing the RNG will give them procs and crit dot ticks at the same time well others are doing twice as much dps and not even worrying about aggro.  Have you ever been on a raid and seen a rogue pop duelist and spike in the 500 dps range?  Most beastlords can't even dream of possibly hitting 400 and if they did they'd never be able to because of the aggro it entails.

Right now using a spell like scorpion venom will yield you ~1.25 aggro per damage ratio with it's 10 poison counters well frost spear/nukes yield ~.8 in the same tests.  With the nuke extra damage from focus/crits is mana free, with dots the extra damage from crits/focus generates more aggro.  Now look at the OoW dot atm...

1:     Increase Poison Counter by 18
2:    Decrease HP when cast by 143
3:    Decrease Hitpoints by 189 per tick

That's almost double the poison counters, it's more damage, it's higher "burst" aggro from a crit tick.  The spell if you look at the hps and hps per tick looks "decent" not over powering or game breaking, but in most situations a beastlord won't dare use this spell.  This is just part of beastlord (and other class related) aggro issues.  If you personally don't have aggro issues I'm seriously happy for you, but I honestly don't think you'll stay that way.  Especially not if things stay how they are for OoW and beastlord still lack a means of DEaggro control.  

Please understand that this isn't just a case of some people wanting to be lazy or being poorly played.  I don't see beastlords complaining that they get aggro when slow bounces 5 times (they might complain it bounced 5 times though lol), but they understand it.  I've seen beastlords that even accept when their ED goes on a proc spress before the MT's weapons do.  What they can't understand though is that in a normal fight, with standard distribution of procs and modest use of spells they still get smeared on tank switches, or summoned or are much higher on the hate list than others doing far more damage than them.

Jataan

I am a fairly high end beastlord, raiding qvic and inktua (sp?) and i do not get this wild aggro which everyone talks about.  I don't know, maybe it's not an issue for me because of gear or playstyle or maybe it's the fact that i was a Ranger long before there was ever a Jolt spell, and then i was a necro who's every other spell has a debuff component and tends to generate huge aggro. I find it relatively easy to hover 3 or 4 spots down on the aggro list. Sometimes when we do RZ in Time it cheeses me off when adds pop and i go to tank one and a Pally steals aggro from me and then i have to cast slow and SV and incapacitate several times thruought the fight because the Paladin is trying real hard to get aggro off of me.
Jataan Sixclaw
65 Feral Lord
Drinal

Leatherneck

Quote from: Jataanthis is in reply to the Mini Malo requests....

We cannot ask them to lower our agro (which btw i do not find a problem) and in the next sentence ask them for one of the most agro causing lines of spells in existance.

Thing is, I think most folks would be happy with a method of reducing aggro, vice just making BST aggro lower across the board.  I don't think it's out of line to ask for an ability that does generate a fair chunk of aggro and a method of dealing with that aggro.  'Sides, Malo has almost no aggro.  Now if, to balance, they want to add aggro to Malo-lite AND a way of dealing with that aggro - something that will take time, isn't perfect, etc, that's fair.

kierstaad

PANTS!

It's cold in Halas and I'm tired of wearing a skirt! :)

But a nice HoT would help also

Kherash

I agree with everyone: Weapon skill caps must be looked at. If anything, please raise the 1hb skill cap to equal H2H.

As for aggro dps... That issue is old as dirt. It is all about range and how badly you want to "pissed" off the Boss. I mean, if you want to mainhand your ED, then expect an your rear to be raped every once awhile. The fastest way to acquire aggro is to proc some sort of Stun capabliltiy. Ask any Paladin worth their salt. They know how to obtain aggro real quick. The real question you have to ask yourself is who is highest on the aggro list?? If you seem to be on top of the list, then I would question your tanks ability of holding aggro. Just my 2 cents
Kejah
75 Vah Shirl Beastlord
Prexus
SpiritWalker Guild

Chance favors the prepared mind.
Louis Pasteur

Toiler

Bah I should have read this forum long ago.

It would be nice to have a pet only heal over time with a decent cast time.

It would be nice to have better control over our pets, when I tell fluffy to attack a mob, I'd like fluffy to stick to that mob like glue. Not get mad at other mobs that are hitting him, and not train the mob he's off-tanking when the one I'm the group is working on is at 20%. Make it an upgrade to pet hold.

How about allowing zoning with 1 pet... suspended or not..

Here's a pipe dream one... How about Group Fero, we'd have a choice on raids, MGB paragon or MGB Fero for that last few ticks when those mobs enrage. After all aren't we "Savage Lords and Feral Lords" shouldn't we be able to inspire our raids to a ferocious frenzy... I'll go back to my pipe now.

Personally I like the aggro we can generate, keeps a lot of enchanters
alive.

Hereki

I would like to have zoning suspended pets, too - but am happy with just plain zoning.

I strongly would suggest we do not pursue greater control of pets; having their own aggro list is part of our balance, and fits a logical RP explanation of partners that we fight alongside.  An AA for returning to hold after attacking... ok, maybe, but when multiple mobs are involved in a fight I can see that it would be just as frustrating as having to turn on pet hold after killing a single mob is now - so no, I wouldn't get it.